134 replies to this topic

#101 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 06:12 AM

Jordan,

I left you a message about a week ago, not sure if you got it. If you could give me a call.

Eric,

I may meet up with you. Where are you taking the bus out of?

I'm waiting on finding out the date of something before I can tell if I can make it.

Call me or text me with your new number. Your old one doesn't seem to be working.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#102 zach attack

zach attack

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:30 PM

i will defiantly be there count me in. I will be traveling with willz

#103 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 07:39 PM

Is there anyone from NVA coming that has a extra seat? I would love to go but I don't have a ride and I don't have a license and/or a car. This is a tad late though... less than a week.
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#104 barnes

barnes

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:19 PM

Count me out...looks like I'll be camping, and attending a funeral instead...can't wait.

#105 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:12 PM

Glad to hear from people, positively and negatively, as to their attendance, this is helping a lot in the organization of the war.

I just want to reiterate that with 40 confirmed and another ~20 possible, cooperation will be critical to this war.
If anyone consistently acts like a dick, we'll have no problem with not inviting you next year, or even making you sit out a round this year.

We want to have as much fun as everyone showing up, so please help us out and just pay attention and know what's going on. It's going to be hectic, but last year was a blast and ran without a hitch, and we'd like to repeat that this year.

5 days left, time to make sure that you have your shit together.

Again, anyone needs help with directions/accomodations/general questions, give me or Shindig a PM and we'll help you out.
+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#106 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:40 PM

How many stefans should we bring. I plan on using my Vulcan as my primary for some point of reference..
Teehee.

#107 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:46 PM

How many stefans should we bring. I plan on using my Vulcan as my primary for some point of reference..

Well for my crossbow I usually prepare 70-90, but if you're using an auto, you will probably want a lot more, probably 200 or more. But I have never consistently used an auto. We will be having periodic dart sweeps, but it really depends on how much foam you are sending out every round.

#108 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 05:46 PM

I told Groove I wouldn't do this, but I feel like it so fuck it. My password has pretty much been unknown to me since the hack (yeah, the hack), but it's fixed now and I'm coming this weekend, so I'll see you all there.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#109 Devious

Devious

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 07:46 PM

i'm sad to say i might not be able to attend this war now, work things have come up and me taking 3 days off for this may not fly so well

but you can bet your ass i'm going to try

#110 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:17 PM

Round Schedule:

1. 30 vs 30 (The Grove)
2. Option
  • Primaries (The Grove)
  • Primaries (Resurrection Forrest)
  • Multi-Team Battle (Undiscovered Country)
3. Option
  • Gunslinger Heaven (The Grove)
  • Pistols (Undiscovered Country)
  • Primaries (The Last Frontier)
4. Option
  • Primaries (The Grove)
  • Multi-Team Battle (Resurrection Forrest)
  • Pistols (The Last Frontier)
5. Gunslinger Heaven (The Grove)
6. Lunch
7. Great American Gore Fest (The Grove)
8. Multi-Team Battle: Clans (The Grove)
9. Option
  • Primaries (Resurrection Forrest)
  • Primaries (The Grove)
  • Primaries (Undiscovered Country)
10. Option
  • Multi-Team (The Grove)
  • Gunslinger Heaven (Undiscovered Country)
  • Pistols (The Last Frontier)
11. 30 vs 30 (The Grove)

Great American Gore Fest: Spring Pistols, Every Man For Themself, Sudden Death

Gunslinger Heaven: Before this war each nerfer will choose a partner and we will most likely break into two even battles, each with 2 man teams. You may only use a single springer single-shot pistol in this war. Each player begins with 2 hit points. When a player is hit for the first time he will take a flag out of his pocket and wear it somewhere visible on his person. This nerfer is now in Purgatory, and another hit sends him to hell (ie game over). However, if a nerfer in purgatory succeeds in sending another player to hell that player may remove the flag from his person (leave purgatory) and regain one hitpoint. Game ends when one team is left.

Field Supervisors:
Shindig
Kuhlschrank
Evil
One Man Clan
Groove
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#111 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:48 PM

I told Groove I wouldn't do this, but I feel like it so fuck it. My password has pretty much been unknown to me since the hack (yeah, the hack), but it's fixed now and I'm coming this weekend, so I'll see you all there.

Talio.

Oh yeah, that's a totally valid excuse for your absence, cause you don't have my fucking phone number or anything....jackass.

#112 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:58 PM

I missed you too Vacc. Actually I don't have your number anymore. I think I'm on my third new phone since I had it. You'll have to send it to me again. And yeah, it's was more laziness and disinterest then anything else. I don't even want to start going into what I've done the last year and a half, but yeah, I could have just called Groove cause I definitely had his number the whole time. Anyway, see you fuckers there on Saturday. Look forward to tearing you all in half. That is if I can even fucking shoot straight anymore.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#113 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:01 PM

Nerf wars HAVE been conspicuously Vikingless lately.

#114 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:01 PM

So TIS, no Civil War this year?
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#115 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:13 PM

I would love to do at least one civil war but in a different style.
I played it with a different style at a paintball game this summer.

It goes like this.

Two even teams.

Start about 120 apart.

Everyone stands in a line side by side facing the opposing team.

Team one takes a shot.
Those who are hit are out of the game and leave the battleground.
Then team two takes a shot.
Those who are hit are out of the game and leave the battleground.

Then both teams take two large steps forward.

Rinse and repeat until only one team is left.

I think it would be a great idea as the first game as people would be able to try out their guns and see what they are capable of on the day of. Its also good target practice.

I get to meet Talio, Cool.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 29 July 2008 - 09:13 PM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#116 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:59 AM

FA, We didn't throw it in because we feel that it is too slow of a game to be the first round, when everyone is excited and ready to go. We are still keeping the idea on the back burner and will definitely use it if we want to slow things down or give people a break. Our logic was to build in as many fast-paced regular rounds as we could, to give everyone the maximum benefit.

My problem with civil war rounds is that they literally are just target practice, and any of us could do that at home. The Cali kids like to hang out at the portables in Armageddon and take potshots all the time and that bored the hell out of me. Given that experience, I'd like to stay away from that and lean more toward the high-mobility wars that the East is known for.

Again, we will keep that scenario in mind in case we need a recovery round, however, we aren't going to promise it, given the failure of the similar game type last year.

#117 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:04 AM

I personally am VERY happy you aren't doing a Civil War round this year. Also, we will reach sufficient Viking levels this year, something that also makes me happy.

I'm a Field Supervisor? Do I get a nifty walky-talky or a megaphone this year?

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#118 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:07 AM

I personally am VERY happy you aren't doing a Civil War round this year. Also, we will reach sufficient Viking levels this year, something that also makes me happy.

-Groove

No, you get a reflective orange vest and a justification for screaming at teenagers all day. But isn't that really all you need in life?

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#119 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:15 AM

FA, We didn't throw it in because we feel that it is too slow of a game to be the first round, when everyone is excited and ready to go

Makes sense.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#120 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:25 AM

Maybe once the Hasbro sponsorship deal gets worked out, but for now you can always make a megaphone out of posterboard. You can even pick the color yourself, maybe put some stickers on it...

#121 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 05:21 PM

I've updated the first post with the most recent attendance list. It looks like we have 40 in the definite column and 17 in the maybe column. We should break last year's count, so long as not too many people flake out.

The forecast right now is for a high of 86. Make sure you bring a lot of water.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#122 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 07:18 PM

Add Phil to the list, I know he's coming.

#123 Jlego

Jlego

One Armed Clan

• Moderators
  • 252 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 08:09 PM

I'm enough of a jackass to forget to post until now, but I'll be there for sure.

Hopefully the x-bow will finally be fixed since it's terrible break at Hershfest (was it? i can't remember)
~Jaxon of the LGLF

Gears: Ice9 and I have a relationship similar to that of myself and Jax.
liska: You snuggles?
Gears: The nerfers most likely to engage in a threesome.

I've seen you use an arrowstorm!!

#124 biofreak2

biofreak2

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 08:52 PM

I would like to add that analogkid and I will be bringing two guests with us.
Here in Wardog Clan we don't yell "FOR SPARTAAAAAAAA" we yell "FOR SUPERFOODTOWNNNNNNN", ya know mix things up a bit.

#125 fuzzydils

fuzzydils

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:44 AM

For some reason I go to this place every few days to go to the beaches, but i cant go to the war. count me out
I woke up this morning with a bad hangoverAnd my penis was missing again.This happens all the time.
It's detachable. ...I saw my penis lying on a blanketnext to a broken toaster oven.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users