Cutting Off The Longshot Bipod...

didn't find anything via search...

31 replies to this topic

#26 Devious

Devious

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:02 PM

The LS really seems to be turning into the CB when it comes to integrations.

It's almost better, the size of the gun and dead space in it makes it VERY integration-friendly

EG: My "Maxshot Bipod" i'm working on utilizes the length of the normal gun + the front gun as a way to integrate 2 more long-range shots onto it, and then i still have the rail and such to muck with, soon as i figure this new cam out i'll work on a write-up

#27 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:13 PM

The usable length is 7 inches.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#28 Devious

Devious

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:47 PM

I only removed the bipod legs on mine and left the hole there, the hole is being used to hold a dowel rod through a piece of poly that i'm using as the bracket to hold the MS's on, triggers will be a pain, but i'll live, i've used far clunkier triggers and setups

as for this mod, the best idea is probably a minor inverted angle or heavy minimalizing, depends on your style

#29 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 08:25 PM

EG: My "Maxshot Bipod" i'm working on utilizes the length of the normal gun + the front gun as a way to integrate 2 more long-range shots onto it

Like this?
Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#30 Devious

Devious

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 08:45 PM

No, i'm putting a pair of maxshots on the sides of the gun with some internal reinforcement inverted, so that when the cocking lever is up, you can use them as a Bipod, with the levers down, you can fire them with a pair of pull-ring triggers i'm rigging up

The LS itself is Getting a second spring (3B), a Cpvc/PETG Barrel (Similar to my prior brassed one), and the top of the front gun is used as a barrel support because if i want to be REALLY absurd i'll put the 4 still-working tanks from my hornet on it in the open spaces on the front gun sides and put the pump on the top of the front gun

If you did the math, thats 13 shots between 60 and 90 feet, and would probably weigh around 12 pounds

The bar has just been lowered!

#31 biggestnerffan

biggestnerffan

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:00 AM

Ok.
When cutting off the bipod area of the Longshot, how do you not fuck up the dart tooth?
Sorry if this has been answered before, or if I'm just not getting something, but as far as I can tell, the dart tooth is left exposed.
Any info about this?

if u wanna take off the bipod unscrew the gun and there will be a screw on both parts of the shell, the one with the internals is on the bottom left corner and the othe half of the shell is on the bottom right corner

#32 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 12:34 PM

if u wanna take off the bipod unscrew the gun and there will be a screw on both parts of the shell, the one with the internals is on the bottom left corner and the othe half of the shell is on the bottom right corner

Wow.

This thread was answered in May.

After 2 months, PM the OP with relevant information.

Also, if anyone was wondering what I ended up doing, here it is.

Posted Image

Edited by sputnik, 17 January 2009 - 12:38 PM.

tcambre on IRC.

<3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users