Kool-aid

I know this is kinda wierd...

49 replies to this topic

#26 Rover

Rover

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:42 PM

Yeah, the only Kool aid I make according to the instructions is my holy stockpile of Blackberry. Whenever I make some to drink, I always make it in gallon increments so I can mix two flavors together. For all those who love Tang/Sunny-D, check out Sunshine Punch: You mix 1 packet Lemonaid, 1 packet Orange, 2 cups sugar/Splenda/other sweetener equivelent to 2 cups of sugar (any less and it tastes like a urine sample) into 1 gallon water. Simple, right? Those sneaky bastards at Kraft food must have realized it was much cheaper to make their new flavors with a mixture of existing ones. Hence, Sunshine punch may be an extinct flavor that you wouldn't find at your local grocery store, but that doesn't mean you can't still enjoy it yourself! The same thing applies to Purplesaurus Rex (2/3 grape and 1/3 lemonaid), and Incrediberry (just a raspberry/strawberry mix).

#27 Philote

Philote

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:14 PM

Allow me to revise my previous statement about Kool-Aid. The blackberry stuff was AWESOMER....ER.
We grow blackberries in our back-yard and i used to mix them in with my Kool-aid. I also have a very large stock-pile of the colour changing flavors, the red-to-purple,blue-to-green, and the DISGUSTING clear razzberry flavour, if your interested.
EPH!
What do I wnat for my birthday? The usual, money, a Xbox Game, and a throng of bearded men. You know, the usual stuff.

#28 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:49 PM

Yeah, the only Kool aid I make according to the instructions is my holy stockpile of Blackberry. Whenever I make some to drink, I always make it in gallon increments so I can mix two flavors together. For all those who love Tang/Sunny-D, check out Sunshine Punch: You mix 1 packet Lemonaid, 1 packet Orange, 2 cups sugar/Splenda/other sweetener equivelent to 2 cups of sugar (any less and it tastes like a urine sample) into 1 gallon water. Simple, right? Those sneaky bastards at Kraft food must have realized it was much cheaper to make their new flavors with a mixture of existing ones. Hence, Sunshine punch may be an extinct flavor that you wouldn't find at your local grocery store, but that doesn't mean you can't still enjoy it yourself! The same thing applies to Purplesaurus Rex (2/3 grape and 1/3 lemonaid), and Incrediberry (just a raspberry/strawberry mix).

I've been chuckling since I started reading this thread. but this post has me convinced you are seriously obsessed. Hell you've got your own recipies! hahahah awesome! Wish I could help you out with the flav you're looking for. I will try and remember next time we go shopping. If I see it I will grab a box for ya.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#29 pulletman

pulletman

• Banned
  • 156 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:49 PM

I make like the Jonestown survivors and stay away from the kool-aid, the current flavors taste like shit. But seriously unless you plan to burn a shitload of calories, use splenda instead of sugar.
QUOTE(Ro-Sham-Bo @ Mar 28 2008, 08:28 PM) View Post

(Never heard an old woman scream so loud) -Don't sigg that

QUOTE(Crimmy @ Apr 23 2008, 09:31 AM) View Post

i'm retarded

#30 Rover

Rover

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:42 PM

I've been chuckling since I started reading this thread. but this post has me convinced you are seriously obsessed. Hell you've got your own recipies! hahahah awesome! Wish I could help you out with the flav you're looking for. I will try and remember next time we go shopping. If I see it I will grab a box for ya.

Actually, I wish i could claim credit for those recipies. Those were made by people far more obsessed than I. These folks were actually obsessed enough to make a massive guide called the Kool Aid FAQ back in the formative years of the interwebs.

I make like the Jonestown survivors and stay away from the kool-aid, the current flavors taste like shit. But seriously unless you plan to burn a shitload of calories, use splenda instead of sugar.

But Splenda never gives me heart palpitations like the real stuff! Seriously though, the amount of sugar that goes into a pitcher of Kool Aid is obscene. 1 cup per half gallon if you follow the instructions. Thats a shit ton of refined carbs i.e. terrible for you. It's not like I actually drink a ton of the stuff, so I can afford to make it half-sugar, half-Splenda when I do. I'm more interested in the older style packets for nostalgic reasons and also to taste some of the flavors that haven't graced my innards in a long time. More or less like the link to X-E I posted earlier. Matt even admits he isn't even a Kool-Aid drinker. He just loves it because it brings back good memories, just as I feel the same way.

Edited by Rover, 30 April 2008 - 08:52 PM.

#31 ChiliPepperFender

ChiliPepperFender

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 11:01 PM

After reading this thread I bought kool-aid packs, for the first time in a few years. It was too sugary, but I just added more water to it. Taste's great!
[The Blue Tiger][Manta Star]
WTS: Stock Crossbow. PM me if you have interest.

#32 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 11:02 AM

Weird, my brother just bought Kool-Aid packs too and we now have a pitcher of it. :huh:

Rover I think you started the Kool-Aid revival of '08

Edited by Galaxy613, 01 May 2008 - 11:02 AM.

[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#33 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:01 PM

Damnit.

Going to the supermarket later today to pick up some Kool-aid.

I'll probably end up coming back with a good $40 in kool-aid, and I'll regretfully enjoy every last drop of it.

~ompa

#34 CAPS

CAPS

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 02:28 PM

I'm going to have to say, Grape and Cherry were the flavors I disliked the most.

Hey has anyone ever just lick the powder? I used to get such a sugar rush from it. Tropical punch baby.

Another question, what do you perfer?
-Making your own drink mix
-Buying the ready made drink in the plastic bottle?

I really don't care, but I would choose the ready made Kool-Aid.
It's a link to google......you idiots are worse than the spammers.
-Vacc

#35 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 06:05 AM

You guys ever hear about Kool-Aid Pickles? Mmm, good.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#36 Green-Buckshot

Green-Buckshot

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 03:11 PM

I'm going to have to say, Grape and Cherry were the flavors I disliked the most.

Hey has anyone ever just lick the powder? I used to get such a sugar rush from it. Tropical punch baby.

Another question, what do you perfer?
-Making your own drink mix
-Buying the ready made drink in the plastic bottle?

I really don't care, but I would choose the ready made Kool-Aid.

Those plastic bottles rule. They alway reminded me of olmec (sp?) heads for some reason. You know the giant Mayan stone heads?

Purplesaurus Rex (2/3 grape and 1/3 lemonaid)

At the restaurant "Ishkabibble" in Philly, they make a drink called the Gremlin out of the same thing.
QUOTE(A side of nerf @ May 18 2008, 12:33 PM) View Post

Also, could you post some more revealing pictures?

#37 pulletman

pulletman

• Banned
  • 156 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 11:56 PM

Anyone try snorting the powder? I think I might do that tonight... I will put a write up here on snorting kool-aid when I am done testing.

Oh and http://www.amazon.co...1...d,i:grocery

Edited by pulletman, 03 May 2008 - 12:14 AM.

i'm retarded

#38 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 08:18 AM

Dammit! Now I'm going to go get some kool-aid packets. Powdered iced tea isn't cutting it.

Pulletman, I hope you get one of those chunks of collected moist powder that you sometimes find in stuff like kool-aid while your snorting it, and it blocks your nasal cavity.

Edited by Thomas, 03 May 2008 - 08:19 AM.

#39 laxtk88

laxtk88

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 08:39 AM

Anyone try snorting the powder? I think I might do that tonight... I will put a write up here on snorting kool-aid when I am done testing.

I used to snort any powder for money. I got twenty dollars for snorting an entire king size Fun Dip.

Edit: Does not include drugs.

Edited by laxtk88, 03 May 2008 - 08:39 AM.

QUOTE(Sleebo @ Jun 12 2008, 07:23 PM) View Post

Just for the record, my mother is the most beautiful women in the world.

#40 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:47 AM

I hope you all realize that snorting almost anything is certainly not good for you. That said, I would appreciate it if there is no more discussion on the topic of snorting.

Pullet, if you're honestly going to go snort something, you really don't need to share it here. And if you mysteriously stop posting, we'll all just assume you did something extraordinarily stupid and won't be coming back.

On topic, I hit up my local supermarket, and they didn't have kool-aid. I'm not even joking, I checked all the drinks and powdered drinks isles.

~ompa

#41 pulletman

pulletman

• Banned
  • 156 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 12:24 PM

I've ordered 12 of those jars of Ice Blue, I had no idea they still made it. I remember the whole neighborhood would gather for the blue kool aid. Up until little jimmy (not real name) drank the coolant fluid in his garage and had to go to ICU... (fluid was the same color as ice blue kool aid)

i'm retarded

#42 Rover

Rover

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:17 PM

I hit up my local supermarket, and they didn't have kool-aid. I'm not even joking, I checked all the drinks and powdered drinks isles.

~ompa

Thats the sad reality of the times we live in. Most of my local markets only stock tropical punch, lemonaide, and grape. The best ways to find it is either buying it online from Amazon.com, Ebay, etc. or going to larger stores, like Walmart and super-Walmart.

I hit up walmart yesterday and got a shit ton of different packets and a massive bag of Splenda. So far I've tried the Watermelon-Kiwi and Berry Blue varieties. Watemelon Kiwi kicks ass, since it tastes exactly like a liquid version of watermelon Jolly Ranchers. Berry Blue was disgusting, as it tasted like blueberries mixed with sandalwood. I shit you not, I could have sworn there was some kind of wood flavor included. Stay away from Berry Blue, go for the "Ice Blue Raspberry Lemonaide" instead.

Edited by Rover, 03 May 2008 - 03:24 PM.

#43 pulletman

pulletman

• Banned
  • 156 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 01:14 PM

http://www.kool-aidd...d=64&Itemid=162
EDIT: I will be going to this, if anyone else wants to go then I will email you with where I will be at so we can nerf and kool aid.

Edited by pulletman, 05 May 2008 - 05:38 PM.

i'm retarded

#44 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 05:58 PM

I have some super old packets of the tropical puncn (has a weird name) and I am drinking some made ghetto style right now.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#45 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:23 PM

...how do you "ghetto-style" drink kool aid? You put the mix in a cup with some water, and stir...
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#46 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:53 PM

...how do you "ghetto-style" drink kool aid? You put the mix in a cup with some water, and stir...

No, there are two ways to ghetto kool aid. One is you put it in a pitcher and eye ball how much sugar to put in, and the other way involves a Bacardi.

I just eye balled the sugar amount
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#47 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 08:19 PM

Actually down south ghettofying kool aid involves the use of drugs like promethazine and codeine. They call it purple stuff, sizzurp, drank, the list goes on.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#48 pulletman

pulletman

• Banned
  • 156 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 07:23 PM

I just went down to wal-mart and check out what I got!

Posted Image

Edited by pulletman, 12 May 2008 - 06:00 PM.

i'm retarded

#49 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:45 PM

Got my packet in the mail today, Thanks. Blackberry is just as I remember it.
Posted Image
Looks like something from an Art class that if you drank would either make you vomit or die, but tastes GREAT,

Sorry for big pics, computer won't resize.

Here, have some software: http://www.captainsl...m/temp/psp5.zip
Change your image url to match this one
http://www.captainsl...a_pulletman.jpg

Edited by CaptainSlug, 12 May 2008 - 10:17 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#50 pulletman

pulletman

• Banned
  • 156 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:01 PM

That looks kool (get it?) does anyone have some packets of blackberry that they would be willing to sell?

i'm retarded

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users