"steampunk" Longshot

Taking props to a whole new level

28 replies to this topic

#26 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 04:17 PM

I've seen this before, (on ebay) but I didn't talk about it here because ebay links that aren't your own are extremely erotic.
I found it hilarious that the guy typed up a huge, lengthy description talking about the gun's features and stuff, even though it was just a bunch of fantasy BS. What a waste of time...but the gun itself looks very nice, I especially like the golden-painted streamlines. All coolness aside, it sort of looks awkward and heavy.

Also, does anyone else find it annoying to have to scroll down through a half a page on gizmodo just to get to what you're actually trying to look at?

Edited by Captain, 26 April 2008 - 04:25 PM.

I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#27 BendyStraw

BendyStraw

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 02:23 PM

I found it hilarious that the guy typed up a huge, lengthy description talking about the gun's features and stuff, even though it was just a bunch of fantasy BS. What a waste of time...

Oh, it wasn't wasted at all. The presentation is what made this auction sell for such a high price. People who Live Action Roleplay in Steampunk would totally dig it, it's funny and pretty well written. In fact, I think it's likely that the guy who dropped $455 for it was a LARPer.
WARNING - I'M BRUTALLY HARD TO READ!

#28 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 04:34 PM

I found it hilarious that the guy typed up a huge, lengthy description talking about the gun's features and stuff, even though it was just a bunch of fantasy BS. What a waste of time...

Oh, it wasn't wasted at all. The presentation is what made this auction sell for such a high price. People who Live Action Roleplay in Steampunk would totally dig it, it's funny and pretty well written. In fact, I think it's likely that the guy who dropped $455 for it was a LARPer.

That may be, but it would seem to me that it would be easier to just leave all that stuff up to the buyer's imagination. If anyone actually took the time to read half of all that text (I didn't) I doubt it would have convinced them to buy it. The gun speaks for itself, you can tell by looking at it whether you want to buy it or not.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#29 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 08:51 PM

To be honest with you guys it looks like an LS with an old coffee-maker integrated into the front. Seems perfect for the drowsy nerfer, have a cup before going into battle.

Edited by deaddumpster, 27 April 2008 - 08:52 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 15 2009, 01:55 PM) View Post

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. A good nerf gun is like a good woman. It shouldn't require extra lubrication.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users