Sa-02 Handgun Pdw

a Stryker Arms production

10 replies to this topic

#1 Foam Total War

Foam Total War

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 02:33 PM

Do you hate your Maverick for it's bad ranges?
Did you try to mod it and you screwed up the turret and/or rotation mech?
Do you have nothing to do on a Saturday and you want a paintjob guinea pig?

If you said "yes" to any or all of the above, this mod is right for you!

\end advertisement\]

Anyway, a long while ago my friend trusted me to mod his Mav. That was a bad decision. I did the straw mod (with hot glue :D ) and we found that I masterfully increased the range by negative 15 feet, not to mention the turret had to be manually operated. So he just gave me the Mav. Just today I was feeling bored (as I haven't been allowed to open Star Wars: Empire at War yet) so I decided to single it like I've been planning to for months.

First I cut off all that pesky stuff at the front, including the quarter-spherical things on the sides. Then I recycled a barrel from the original turret and drilled out the thick part in the back with a 1/2 inch bit. I used Longshot box cardboard to cover the holes, and finished it off with a classic Spectre666 weathering paintjob.

Here it is, the SA-02 Pitbull Handgun.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

EDIT: Gets about 35 feet consitently with taggers, but for some reason normal CDTS's fishtail after about 15 feet.

Questions? Comments? Suggestions?

Edited by Foam: Total War, 19 April 2008 - 02:35 PM.

Grievous-Juggernaut - Nerf, Flash, Stargate and generally random stuff!
Foam-Universe

#2 Green-Buckshot

Green-Buckshot

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 03:07 PM

Interesting. I would recommend slightly stretching the spring and added a nut to the back of the gun to increase compression. I would also recommend removing the slider, and attaching a fastener as a pullback.

Edit: Almost forgot to mention. Good mod. That is a wicked clean singled Maverick REV-6. A blessing on your crops.

Edited by Green-Buckshot, 19 April 2008 - 03:07 PM.

QUOTE(A side of nerf @ May 18 2008, 12:33 PM) View Post

Also, could you post some more revealing pictures?

#3 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 03:29 PM

My bro comments that you should've extended the new boxy section further to cover more of the barrel. But good job! Did you do anything special with the air nozzel? Or did you just slap a barrel onto the pre-existing wall?
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#4 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 03:33 PM

You just turned 13? Damn. There are quite a few older members on NH that could learn from your habits/posts.

Nice job on the mod man.

As a suggestion, if you happened to have taken the hot glue and straw out of the maverick plunger, you might be able to get more range by integrating the barrel into the plunger, leaving less dead space. However, if the straw and hot glue is still in there, then nice job with the mod, considering the materials you have/had.

~ompa

#5 aetherguy881

aetherguy881

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 03:45 PM

I can't stop thinking about how much this mod looks like a a German WWII Luger. Just that it would need a slightly longer barrel in my opinion.

Posted Image

I like it, it's a nice way to keep a broken mav working.

*claps*

Edited by aetherguy881, 19 April 2008 - 03:46 PM.

--Modify a blaster for a kid and he'll be entertained for a week. Teach him how to modify blasters and he'll become an engineer--
NERFtastic!
FOAMalicious!
DARTomatic!
--Silly emo kids, go draw yourself a picture--

#6 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 06:52 PM

That's a Walther P38, not a Luger.

Good mod, unique style and approach. You should try adding a new barrel (as in brass, CPVC, or PETG) to get a bit more range.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#7 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 09:48 PM

Do the penny mod and it should increase your ranges by at LEAST 5 feet. I love the paint job though.

#8 aetherguy881

aetherguy881

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 10:10 PM

That's a Walther P38, not a Luger.

Ok, my bad, here's one that I'm quite sure is one... Linky
--Modify a blaster for a kid and he'll be entertained for a week. Teach him how to modify blasters and he'll become an engineer--
NERFtastic!
FOAMalicious!
DARTomatic!
--Silly emo kids, go draw yourself a picture--

#9 Foam Total War

Foam Total War

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 08:50 AM

Thanks to all, it was pretty fun to do and I'm glad the paintjob turned out so well. A tip on the weathering/grime, if you're sanding off the top layer for a damage look, mostly go for the raised edges. That really gives it some depth.

Green-Buckshot: I did add three pennies at the back, but I didn't stretch the spring because it eventually just goes back over time and in the Mav it can break the cocking pin.

Galaxy613: Yeah I'm thinking I should have extended the cardboard too, but there are a few reasons why I cant do that now. If by "special" you mean some whittling so it would fit inside the barrel, then yes. But otherwise, I juststuck it over and hotglued/E-taped it on.

Ompa: Thanks, that's good to hear. Actually I didn't put the straw in the plunger, just the AR areas. I knew that was the problem though do I just sawed the barrels off of the turret to be used later if I dont have any (which I don't)

Aetherguy881: Yeah, I was going for that kind of real look, just the Walher P38 wasnt exactly in my mind. I was mostly thinking about the Walther PPK, but I was kind of combining other guns ino the look.

SHA: Thanks, I would but I don't have anything else :blush: . Plus, I glued it in there pretty tight and there's cardboard on top that I'd have to replace/repaint...

Kidflash: Yes I did do the peny mod and I can feel the difference. Thanks on the paintjob, Spectre666 is really the one who showed me the idea though.
Grievous-Juggernaut - Nerf, Flash, Stargate and generally random stuff!
Foam-Universe

#10 joeyjoeyjoey

joeyjoeyjoey

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 10:15 AM

nice mod, i have a singled mav with a pvc stock. but mine is like at least 1 foot longer! lol

#11 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 10:16 AM

nice mod, i have a singled mav with a pvc stock. but mine is like at least 1 foot longer! lol

Your post quality is unacceptable. Also this topic has been inactive for over a year.

Re-read and abide by the board rules.
http://nerfhaven.com...?act=boardrules
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users