Photo

The New Shall Replace The Old

By: Green

52 replies to this topic

Poll: Old Vs. New (133 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think older guns are better?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#51 Green-Buckshot

Green-Buckshot

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:34 PM

I'm glad to see people are reading these, even now. I should start a series or something.
QUOTE(A side of nerf @ May 18 2008, 12:33 PM) View Post

Also, could you post some more revealing pictures?

#52 ChiliPepperFender

ChiliPepperFender

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:57 PM

I'm glad to see people are reading these, even now. I should start a series or something.

Well, it's pretty interesting considering many people have different perspectives about this. Mine? Well, I'd vote depends. I say this because I personally haven't had an older gun that is great, like a crossbow or splitfire, but I still know there are good.
[The Blue Tiger][Manta Star]
WTS: Stock Crossbow. PM me if you have interest.

#53 mintee

mintee

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 02:30 PM

As a modder who just got into it not even a year ago, I voted 'Depends on the gun.' I have only nerfed with newbies like me so far, and our first big war is coming up. I have only met a person who owns an LnL and is a modding newbie who couldn't make heads or tails of what to do with it, so my first old-school gun to mod will be his LnL. In fact it will also be the first old-school gun I will touch, period.

I like to play up and close with high ROF guns. I started on the Mav and NFs doing stuff like crayola barrels and the russian roulette mod. I had no idea where to get a spring replacement for my NF so I stuck with my Mav for wars, and found myself having a LOT of fun. So I practically bust a nut when I found my first Recon at Wal-Mart.

I didn't like automatic guns because they were just too bulky to run around in like I wanted. The Mav that I used wasn't quite what I was looking for, and reloading was a pain without the clip mod. The Recon gave me what I wanted, a magazine-fed short range high rof pistol which was comfortable in my hands to run around with. Finally putting my validated account to use, I immediately looked for new CS-6 magazines for sale. And after doing some reading on NerfHaven while waiting for PMs, I thoroughly looked through the list of guns in the Mod directory.

Now I know the Recon's got a bad rep for being weak, but it's the only gun I feel comfortable running around with. Most pistols people talk about are singled and therefore low ROF. Modding a turret into my pistol is far beyond my modding skill, and even then it just wouldn't feel right compared to just cocking the slide on my Recon. SSII might be a good sidearm but it would still only get two shots, the old Mav I used would feel so slow and weak compared to my Recon with its four magazines. In the places I've warred in (small gated townhouse communities, indoors at a University, outdoors in the same University, all places with some cover) I've always had to get within 30 feet of my opponent, and part of my fun is sneaking and running and using cover to outwit the longer-range players and close the gap.

To summarize: None of the old guns fit my needs. Even in the newer guns only one was comfortable enough for me to play with. It's all up to your playing style, game environment and modding skill. Eventually as my group matures we'll probably get a lot more long-range players (no banned guns means LBBs and Titans) and it will get tougher and tougher to close the gap, and I might have to change strategies, train my body to get faster, or even change guns. But nobody said you must stay with only one gun. For now, I enjoy Nerf most as a pistoleer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users