Scout Paintjob

With a little mod

27 replies to this topic

#1 kevinericon

kevinericon

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:44 AM

Last weekend I painted my Scout. Since it's the best "millitary-look" pistol it'll be the perfect sidearm to go with my starfleet-theme Longshot.

I drilled out the venting holes on the slide. Then I added a iron weight in the handle to make it a bit more hefty, maybe more "real".

Since I'm opening it up for painting, I took out the AR so it get another 5' with stock dart.

Posted Image

A little black stain near the muzzle, I hope it'll show through the venting holes.
Posted Image

Now I can get in my full tactical gears with them. Or I'll be the Starfleet special ops with weapons designed for harsh environment (where you can't use phasers).
Posted Image

#2 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:47 AM

You should probably try to find a better secondary than the scout. It sucks. Everyone agrees on this, unless you find a way to integrate a at2k in it or something. Also, you already have one. The internals of the longshot sidearm that you integrated are identical to the scout.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#3 kevinericon

kevinericon

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:55 AM

I just chose Scout for its looks.

Also my Longshot didn't have front gun integration, the front gun grip is there to prime the main gun. With a pump action LS I don't really need a sidearm, I'd rather carry a few more clips. But looking cool is equally important, so... :P

For my LS mod see this thread: http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=11308

#4 Silencer

Silencer

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 02:44 PM

I like the color, good work. I really like the black part around the end of it.
TMC

#5 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 03:07 PM

Sickest paint jobs I've seen in a long, long time. Keep up the good work.
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#6 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 04:36 PM

Kevinceron, I agree with you on the scout, I just like it for the sleekness and its looks. But man, that LS, in my opinion, is the best painjob I have EVER seen. Keep in mind, I have only known about and have been lurking and posting on the site for about 4 or 5 months. You should start painting other people's guns for them, to make an extra buck, like Direct Threat does. You would get some buisness with those paintjobs. Its just, the detail, and preciseness of the paintjob is amazing. I can barely put it into words...

Edited by Bomberman, 07 April 2008 - 04:37 PM.

QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#7 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 04:47 PM

How do you paint so well? I can't get clean edges for my life. Great job. I love you LS too.
[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#8 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 06:59 PM

Those are excellent paint jobs. I love both of them. It reminds me of Direct Threat's paint jobs.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#9 Crimmy

Crimmy

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:04 PM

I'm guessing he takes alot of time and care into the paint jobs that or hes just freaking amazing

#10 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:45 PM

The scout it really only useful for barrel-tapping people.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#11 kevinericon

kevinericon

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:51 PM

Thanks for your comments guys. :D

The secret to spray painting is using LOTS of masking tapes. Either 3M or Tamiya will do (available in the hobby shop or check Tamiya website). Mask out where you've already painted. And think before you apply each layer of paint, find out the correct order. Hope that helps.

Next I'll be making doubled capacity LS clip, or maybe an alien themed Maverick.

#12 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:54 PM

CS- Maybe if you have arms as big and long as Forsaken Angel.

I love your paintjobs. They look great. I really like how you use the different colors to make it look shadier in spots.

Did you use Kylon?
Timothy M-Lick <3

#13 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:09 AM

Just for the record I would like to say that the scout is much better than the LS front gun and can outshoot it by about 10 feet.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#14 ChiliPepperFender

ChiliPepperFender

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:19 AM

Wow. Nice paintjobs. Those are very clean.
[The Blue Tiger][Manta Star]
WTS: Stock Crossbow. PM me if you have interest.

#15 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:42 AM

Nice job! I'm a big fan of matching paintjobs, and yours do not fail to impress!

Also, thanks for the paint recommendation. How's the durability?

#16 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 06:16 AM

I have to disagree with CaptainSlug on this one. I've found that with a few heavy weights in the correct positions, the Scout makes an excellent projectile weapon. You can throw it surprisingly far, with devastating effects.

Sadly, that's about all I've found the Scout to be useful for.

But I agree with the above posters; that LS has a slick paintjob.

~ompa

#17 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:33 PM

You can throw it surprisingly far, with devastating effects.

:blush: Wouldn't that get you kicked out of a war..?

Edited by Galaxy613, 20 May 2008 - 12:26 PM.

[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#18 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:59 PM

That depends on two things:

1.) Who is throwing the thing
2.) Who is hosting the war

Now, if the answer to both of those questions is VACC, I'd think it's safe to say that VACC would not kick himself out of his own war. Now for anyone else, it probably would get you kicked out.

Also, FA, I was under the impression that the Scout and LS front gun had almost the exact same internals. Does the Scout have a stronger stock spring? I don't have the two to compare, as they are about 16 hours driving distance apart...

Also a random question in the off chance someone who knows this gets a chance to read this; An AR-15 spring is of slightly larger diameter than that of an X-bow/DT3/BBB spring, correct? Judging by what I've read it's true, but I would like to be sure that the inner diameter of the AR-15 spring is indeed larger than that of an X-bow/DT3/BBB spring. I ask mainly because I don't happen to have an X-bow/DT3/BBB spring handy, and as such, I really have no idea how they compare relatively. Even a difference of 1-2mm would be helpful to my cause, and I don't recall ever reading (or finding) anything directly comparing the two springs to such a degree. But yeah, if anyone knows offhand, it would be greatly appreciated.

~ompa

#19 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:51 PM

Pretty! I want a scout, just so I can clip it to my titan and have the button-activated firing. It helps that it looks cool, also. Nice paint jobs, they look amazing.

EDIT: ompa, the LS's front gun has a pathetic stock spring, worse than maverick and crossfire's springs.

Edited by Captain, 08 April 2008 - 03:53 PM.

I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#20 Eboreg

Eboreg

• Banned
  • 220 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 04:27 PM

:D You'd better be careful about taking those things in public. How will the police and the innocent civilians know it's fake?
Always bring your sword to battle.

I pity the fool who attempts to use a single-shot blaster against me.

#21 eddieoctane

eddieoctane

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:14 PM

:blink: You'd better be careful about taking those things in public. How will the police and the innocent civilians know it's fake?

They won't. And if cops aren't sure, you better react damn quick when they tell you to drop the gun, because in that situation, they can shoot first and ask questions later.

And I think it is technically illegal to paint the muzzle of any toy gun anything other than orange or red. So be careful. But damn nonetheless. That scout looks sweet. Quite the matching set.
C8H18

#22 nerf 4 t w

nerf 4 t w

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 07:14 PM

OMG! nice paint jobs,wher dop u get your paints?games workshop?

#23 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 07:25 PM

I'm no mod but might I suggest not typing like that... It is extremely erotic while this is also a pretty old thread... Have you read the coc?

#24 Gyrvalcon

Gyrvalcon

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:50 AM

I like the paintjobs. They're subtle, and you don't see that much on nerf blasters. Excellent work.
-Knowledge Is Power-

#25 eddieoctane

eddieoctane

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:45 AM

Thread is a month old. Don't necro.
C8H18

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users