Big Bad Problem

My BBB won't stay primed

8 replies to this topic

#1 UpperHand

UpperHand

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:48 PM

Not exactly what the title says. I have modified it like a big bad sexy, and it often fires randomly after I cock it, and it also has a lot of trouble becoming cocked, not really locking until after several attempts. I may have lost the springs that push the orange pieces onto the side of the tube.

-Upperhand
My SCR-6
My Homemade Sidearm
The least you could do is tell me some advice. geese!

-- Headshot 21

#2 raw shrimp

raw shrimp

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:50 PM

Those springs you lost are what cocks the bbb, and keeps it cocked. I used ar springs from a maverick to replace the ones i lost.

#3 UpperHand

UpperHand

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:55 PM

Thanks, I do have one of the springs still, so I'll see if I can find another scrap spring around the house.
My SCR-6
My Homemade Sidearm
The least you could do is tell me some advice. geese!

-- Headshot 21

#4 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:55 PM

BBB are pretty temperamental in that sense. Even with the stock springs they tend to do that (at least my 3 did). The best thing you can do is get a different gun, imo.
92% of people make up statistics. If you're one of the 8% who don't, put this in your signature

#5 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:02 PM

Mine does that but I didn't lose those springs. If it gets hit mine fires and if I don't push the priming handle thing forward hard enough it doesn't catch. This also happens with my friend's bbb.

#6 Watari

Watari

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:17 PM

If you plan to do a spring replacement or stretch the spring in anyway, i'd recommend for those "cocking springs," to be replaced with some Maverick/Firefly AR springs and pile about 2 or 3 of 'em up along with the usual BBB, "cocking spring." That's what I did and it's only "accidentally" fired once, and that's when I dropped it.

Edited by Watari, 20 August 2008 - 10:19 PM.

#7 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:18 PM

Wow, I laughed so hard at the title "Big Bad Problem". That's really funny considering the literally dozen plus threads we've had running around that start with "Big Bad".

I don't know much about the BBB, but if it works like every (almost) other springer, just put a stronger catch spring.
Teehee.

#8 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:17 AM

I have mine sitting on a table apart because the plunger wasn't working right.
Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#9 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 03:38 PM

What you did was use too much hot glue in the plunger.

Same thing happened too me. Now I have a bow-ier BBB.
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users