Photo

Nitefinder Spring Replacement

10 replies to this topic

#1 RustInPeace117

RustInPeace117

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:24 PM

I have a nitefinder and and i was wondering if i can replace the main NF spring with one from the tech target or the disk shot. Also, can the tech target or disk shot spring carry the crossfire spring under it? thnx.

#2 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:27 PM

If it fits in the plunger tube, you can use it. I've got a chopped down BBB spring in mine and I'm awaiting the arrival of an old ed. NF to show you guys what I did.

What do you mean by carry the spring under it? Do you mean nest in it? If so then yes, yes it can.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 15 2009, 01:55 PM) View Post

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. A good nerf gun is like a good woman. It shouldn't require extra lubrication.

#3 RustInPeace117

RustInPeace117

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:33 PM

ok,thnx so should i put a tech target or diskshot spring rather than the nf spring? and those 2 springs can be nested my the crossfire one?

#4 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:33 PM

The disk shot spring is the same or weaker than the NF spring. And the CF spring can fit inside the DS spring, (I am pretty sure), But I don't know about the TTG spring. And just a heads up, on this site, use proper grammar and capitalization. You'll last longer, and it does'nt make you look like a noob.

EDIT: Nevermind. Deaddumpster beat me to it.
EDIT numero dos: No, you can't nest an NF spring inside a CF spring, if that is what you mean. And the NF and DS springs are almost Identical, as the internals also. But if you mean that you can nest the CF spring in both of them, then yes, you are correct.

Edited by Bomberman, 04 April 2008 - 04:36 PM.

QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#5 RustInPeace117

RustInPeace117

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:48 PM

Ok, thanks, so should I leave the NF spring or should I add a disk shot or tech target spring.

#6 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:51 PM

The DS spring is actually stronger than the NF spring. I know, I've had them nested and got really nice ranges out of them in my Disk Shot. So nest either the Tech Target or DS spring in it, whichever is stronger.

Edited by deaddumpster, 04 April 2008 - 04:51 PM.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. A good nerf gun is like a good woman. It shouldn't require extra lubrication.

#7 RustInPeace117

RustInPeace117

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:04 PM

wait, nest the disk shot with crossfire, Tech Target with crossfire, or do u mean tech target or diskshot with NF spring?

#8 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:06 PM

Remember to read the Code Of Conduct. I mean nest the Disk Shot spring into the NF spring, and I think the CF spring can nest into the DS spring.

Edited by deaddumpster, 04 April 2008 - 05:06 PM.

#9 RustInPeace117

RustInPeace117

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:12 PM

Ok, thanks, I'm really sorry. This is my first day using Nerfhaven.

#10 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 02:01 PM

No worries, just make sure to try your best to follow the CoC before VACC catches you. Because if VACC catches you, there is no hole you can hide in that will save your left testicle.

Just remember whenever you do spring replacements/additions, you risk having the gun's life shortened dramatically, unless you do some serious reinforcement of the internals. I just recently had my NF bust because the plunger cap finally ripped the screw straight out of the plunger shaft; I need to now buy a new screw with larger threads and fix the plunger. And that happened without a spring replacement, but just through alot of use. So be warned, if you have a gun that you consider "your baby" that you don't want to screw up, try not to focus on putting so much power, and concentrate more on making the gun as efficient as possible with the power that you already have.

~ompa

#11 RustInPeace117

RustInPeace117

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 02:46 PM

Thanks a lot, but would a crossfire spring be good to nest on to a NF? Also, a maverick spring in a crossfire? Is that dangerous? Would 2 o-rings help too? Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users