Photo

Suggestions For Lan/online Multiplayer Games

29 replies to this topic

#26 Wisey

Wisey

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 07:04 PM

I haven't played many PC games, but one I think was pretty cool is Unreal Tournament 2004. It's kind of old but it is still pretty fun. I usually play Xbox 360, but I still need to get live (I used to have it).

Yeah, once I get a new PC, I'll defantly be playing UT it's an ace game (I have GOTYE and 2004, I preffer 2004 though, people online are easier....).

Wait what was that? Your vagina made you quit WoW?

Someone's just a little pissy because they don't have an Effeminate flying mount like I do.

You're right. I hate my girlfriend and real job. I'm just gonna sit in my parents' basement, eat cheetos and whine about my acne over teamspeak....that's working out sweet for you, right?

Haha! VACC, I love you. Yeah, theres no chance in the deepest darkest deapths of hot hell that i'm going to play WoW. Or infact anything you have to acctualy deadicate time your life to. I also, like VACC, don't hate my girlfriend (although I'm still working on the real job...). If you can't pick it up and play for five minutes whenever you feel like it, then I see no point. I prefer faster pace games that don't involve me waiting for stuff to happen... although I don't mind some RTS games I guess..

I'm not sure what genre it falls under, but the Worms games (Worms, Worms 2, Worms Armageddon, etc) are a HUGE amount of fun.

Yes! I was just about to say that. Get Worms Armageddon. It's by far the best, in my opinion. They're totally non-serious games that are way fun to play with friends, or just with the computers.

Worms is awesome! Thanks for reminding me about them, haven't played in ages. I have Worms, Worms 2, Worms World Party and Worms 3D (oh and Worms Pinball, which is the best pinball game EVER). I have been wanting Armageddon for ages, how does it differ from 2 and World Party?

Ummm... yeah why the fuck would I want to do anything else right now?

I'm thinking about dropping nerf for the world. Why drive 45 minutes for an event when I can just walk to my computer?

At least my guild recognizes what I have contributed unlike the nic!

Dear earth, I can't tell what parts of this are sarcasm and what parts arn't.

Thanks to everyone who has replied. I'm going to check out all of the games you've mentioned, albeit slowly. And I'll probably get back to you (if it is really slowly, then via PM...).
Cheers!

EDIT: Cut down on quote size.

Edited by Wisey!, 14 March 2008 - 07:06 PM.

#27 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 08:28 PM

I've actually never played World Party, so I don't know about that one. For all I know World Party could be more updated than Armageddon. I always thought World Party was like a console version of Armageddon. Though a quick look on Amazon showed it's for computer as well.
I think Armageddon just has more weapons, missions, and stuff like that than Worms 2. It's just like a step up from 2.
I didn't like the 3D one, I thought it was too complicated and harder to control. That's a major drawback for me because one of my favorite things about the series is the simplicity. It's real easy to learn to play, and matches are fun and quick.

#28 Wisey

Wisey

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 12:00 PM

I've actually never played World Party, so I don't know about that one. For all I know World Party could be more updated than Armageddon. I always thought World Party was like a console version of Armageddon. Though a quick look on Amazon showed it's for computer as well.
I think Armageddon just has more weapons, missions, and stuff like that than Worms 2. It's just like a step up from 2.
I didn't like the 3D one, I thought it was too complicated and harder to control. That's a major drawback for me because one of my favorite things about the series is the simplicity. It's real easy to learn to play, and matches are fun and quick.

Ahh, okay. From what I can find (on Google etc.) World Party and Armogeddon are similar. I'm guessing the only differences are fort mode (when you make a team, you pick a fort for that team, then if you play forts mode, it puts a fort from each of the two teams next to each other. so like a pirate ship and a castle) and some other strange modes. As well as two player missions (havn't played them in a while, but ones a city scape that you have to dig down into to hide from an armagedden attack ever two turns, last team alive wins).
Yeah, theres console versions of most of them. They tend to suck; less worms per team, less smoth graphics, less weapons, less options to change etc. etc.
The 3D ones were okay... but kinda lost the whole meaning of Worms. I have Worms 3D for the PS2, played it for like the week or two after I got it, havn't touched it since.

#29 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 04:46 PM

I own the Dreamcast version of Armageddon, and the PC version of World party. I can safely say that Worms World party is about 1000x better. More options for customizing your game (Infinite Holy hand grenades for the win!), more levels, a better level editing system. They pretty much improved on Armageddon in every possible way. If you're going to get a worms game, get that one. But be warned, I haven't been able to find a website that still hosts the online version of it in quite a while.

Another awesome game that I can recommend is Defcon. It's not really one of those games where you can sit down and play for 10 minutes, but it's still amazing.

Edited by penguin807, 15 March 2008 - 04:47 PM.

#30 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:56 PM

FEAR
multiplayer is free now..
Teehee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users