Photo

Plunger Tubes

8 replies to this topic

#1 Tehmandude

Tehmandude

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 09:21 PM

What tube should I use for a plunger tube? I'm planning on using a NF plunger size.
QUOTE(umdlancer @ Mar 25 2008, 04:29 AM) View Post

If you accidentally clock somebody with a doubleshot, then you're more liable to break the doubleshot than you are to cause serious injury.

PM me if selling a NIB or LNNB LnL.

#2 el swifto

el swifto

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 09:28 PM

kbarker used PETG tubing as a replacment for the plunger tube in hisNite Finder Rifle.

Next time, search.

#3 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 09:30 PM

More info?

We don't replace the plunger tubes in a modification. If you mean a homemade, use PVC or another type of plastic tubing.
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#4 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 09:38 PM

Carbon used a 20mL syringe for a plunger tube in a homemade "gun" here.
Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#5 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:25 PM

Just measure the stock plunger tube and you have your answer. You'll have to order a plastic tube with a matching ID. For materials Nylon, Polyester, and Polycarbonate will all work fine, but polycarbonate is more likely to come in thinner wall sizes and can handle more abuse than Polyester.

Carbon used a 20mL syringe for a plunger tube in a homemade "gun" here.

For a springer you don't want a perfect seal on the plunger head because that would offer way too much friction.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#6 Tehmandude

Tehmandude

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 07:58 PM

To el swifto:

I know about Kbarker's Nitefinder Rifle. I've seen it about 10 times already. I was just looking for plunger tubes for a homemade gun.

To CaptainSlug:

A polycarbonate tube? Where do I get that?
QUOTE(umdlancer @ Mar 25 2008, 04:29 AM) View Post

If you accidentally clock somebody with a doubleshot, then you're more liable to break the doubleshot than you are to cause serious injury.

PM me if selling a NIB or LNNB LnL.

#7 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:52 PM

Just use PVC. Follow Carbon's SNAP writeup.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#8 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 08:58 AM

A polycarbonate tube? Where do I get that?

Plastics shops, online plastics suppliers, or industrial suppliers like http://www.mcmaster.com
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#9 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 09:02 AM

What tube should I use for a plunger tube? I'm planning on using a NF plunger size.

If you're looking for a common PVC combination in that rough size, 1" thinwall PVC for the tube and .5" PVC endcaps for the plunger have been used many times.

Spend some time reading the homemade section. You won't find anything new in this thread that you couldn't find already posted.

Edited by Carbon, 13 March 2008 - 09:06 AM.

Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users