Buzzsaw Hopper

Looking for some pics or a mod on a buzzsaw hopper

7 replies to this topic

#1 biggiy2c

biggiy2c

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:05 PM

I Nerf in western NY where winter in 9 months a year, so we play inside usually. I have been thinking about getting a buzzsaw and giving it the full auto mod because we play a lot of CTF indoors.

I searched the threads to see if anyone has made a mod for a hopper for the automatic buzzsaw, or for any buzzsaw for that matter. I couldn't find anything. Could some one post some pictures or possibly even a buzzsaw hopper mod so that i can get a better idea of what i might want to do with a buzzsaw?

thanks...

#2 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:17 PM

There's no writeup, but that's mainly because it's just adding a larger tube to hold more balls. As far as what to use, hoppers have been made out of 3 liter soda bottles.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#3 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 05:16 PM

You could try putting a box on its corner, with a hole cut into said corner to form a hopper. Due to the fact that it would look ghetto already, due to cardboard, just attach with ductape.
QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

#4 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 06:08 PM

Well, you might just want to stay away from the buzzsaw. It's really loud, even if it does get good range.

Edited by Captain, 07 March 2008 - 06:09 PM.

I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#5 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:58 PM

Yes, but for flag defense, When they know where you are, multiple 6 ball bursts at high'ish range is pretty good, reload time is also minimal. Plus it is a fun gun, and isn't what NERF is all about? FUN?
QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

#6 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:00 PM

You could use pringle cans. Someone here said that pringle cans are good sized tubes for the balls(not to be nasty)
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#7 chalywong

chalywong

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:05 PM

I would imagine putting anything on top of your buzzsaw would not only make it very unwieldy but also very hard to aim with considering you will have a big protrusion on the top. I was looking one day though and found that paintball pods that are used for carrying extra paint are a great size for nerf balls. You could even go as far to get a harness for them and have like 10-20 extra balls on your back for reloads.

#8 shoeshine5

shoeshine5

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 09:08 PM

You could try putting a box on its corner, with a hole cut into said corner to form a hopper

That would be harder than you think. Unless if it feeds perfectly, two shots will wedge together blocking the hole. It would jam immediately.
While you are busy reading this, I am eating your sandwich.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users