Iron Man Magstrike In Stores

35 replies to this topic

#26 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 01:56 PM

=
AAAAAAAAGH. I GOT MY MAGSTRIKE FROM TARGET FOR 30 BUCKS AND THIS HAPPENS.

I feel the same way. And at my target, (I went last night) they have them on sale for $19.99 IN STORE

Edited by Bomberman, 25 February 2008 - 01:57 PM.

QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#27 BendyStraw

BendyStraw

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 04:36 PM

I picked up my magstrike for 18 dollars on clearance at Wal-mart. I then go to TRU the other day and see the same thing for 32.

I'm not sure what's going on with the pricing. It's odd, usually stores actually try to compete when it comes to pricing, and watching TRU sit on 32 while Target has a 40 percent sale on it sounds a little odd to me.

I wonder if they changed any of the internals for the Iron Man Magstrike. It would suck if it only came with one clip, but maybe there might be some change that is not obvious by looking at the box.
WARNING - I'M BRUTALLY HARD TO READ!

#28 Diablo

Diablo

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:28 AM

Stores usually clearance items on specific location basis. When a particular item is not selling well or is not going to be carried any longer, a store will mark down the price to get rid of the merchandise and to allow room for new merchandise. Toys R Us might sell a decent amount of Magstrikes, whereas some Wal Marts may not. Thus some stores having clearanced items and some not.

-Diablo

NHQ Administrator | www.nerfhq.com

#29 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 10:46 PM

I guess it's good that the Magstrike will be hanging around for awhile. Maybe it's time to start investigating the possibility of homemade clips.

#30 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 11:57 PM

I guess it's good that the Magstrike will be hanging around for awhile. Maybe it's time to start investigating the possibility of homemade clips.

I can not see how homemade magstrike magazines can be anything BUT a pain in the tookis to make... it'll be easier to make a magazine-taking nerf gun from scratch I reckon.

Edited by Galaxy613, 26 February 2008 - 11:58 PM.

[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#31 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:43 AM

I think I remember this discussion from awhile back. All you'd need to do is, at the most, precisely duplicate the mechanical interface. CS commented that it would take high-precision equipment, and he's right. But it wouldn't be impossible. As to how much of a pain it would be, that would take experimentation, but unfortunately I don't own a Magstrike. If I get one, I'll definitely try.

#32 LiterSize

LiterSize

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:00 PM

I checked; there is only one clip that comes with the weapon. There is no clip on the inside (unless it was jacked from the package before I got there, but no signs of that.) and there are only 10 darts. Sorry guys!

#33 Cheese-Boy

Cheese-Boy

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 12:16 AM

it's awesome how much cheaper it is in comparison to before christmas '07. but i still can't help but feel the burn from the marvel sell out. at least they designed a some what new gun for spiderman... right?
We stand for Justice! We are like the finger, up the nose of evil! They will not flee from our reach!

#34 stickfigure91x

stickfigure91x

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 08:27 PM

it's awesome how much cheaper it is in comparison to before christmas '07. but i still can't help but feel the burn from the marvel sell out. at least they designed a some what new gun for spiderman... right?

Maybe, but i doubt it. The new hulk movie is coming out (crossing my fingers!) and iron man is too, so maybe if spiderman 4 gets underway soon. Maybe a wolverine blaster would be a possibility.
The laughing will cease when the effectiveness is proven.

#35 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 11:18 PM

already available through hasbrotoyshop.com
http://www.hasbrotoy...SBR=99&ID=21365
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#36 pulletman

pulletman

• Banned
  • 156 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:03 PM

Maybe, but i doubt it. The new hulk movie is coming out (crossing my fingers!) and iron man is too, so maybe if spiderman 4 gets underway soon. Maybe a wolverine blaster would be a possibility.

This is a lil off topic, but I hope the new hulk won't suck as much as the first one.
QUOTE(Ro-Sham-Bo @ Mar 28 2008, 08:28 PM) View Post

(Never heard an old woman scream so loud) -Don't sigg that

QUOTE(Crimmy @ Apr 23 2008, 09:31 AM) View Post

i'm retarded

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users