So, here's the gun:
Zip-ties for the time being, while I'm testing. I'll give it a more permanent assembly later.
It's about the size of a Mav.
I tried a new version of plunger in this blaster. In the past, I've used a compression nut to minimize the size of the plunger head. However, it still limits how small it can be because of how far the stem of the nut extends into the charging rod. So, this time I just cut down the .5" endcaps I was using, to physically make them smaller. The results were pleasing.
A plunger head just as small as a compact plunger, but cheaper and built out of common parts.
Same plunger head as usual:
The plunger is held in the plunger tube with couplers, snugged up with etape. I measured out where to place the endcap and trigger by lining up parts externally and making appropriately. The front coupler has been cut in half. I have a small piece of .5" PVC in the rear coupler to keep the spring in. The screw from the outside of the tube runs through into the coupler and to that piece of .5" PVC. (The retaining piece is glued in, but I wasn't taking any chances).
The chargerod slides backwards, and retracts with an extension spring held under the top .5" thinwall PVC.
The plunger is actuated by screws that go through the charging handle, through slots in the 1" thinwall, and behind a washer held on the charging rod held in place by a screw.
It currently loads with a removable barrel, 17/32" brass, 4" long. Range appears to be about 50'-60', based shorter shots and previous builds (no official ranges yet.) Handle is held on with super glue...that sucker isn't moving, and holds up against the high stress of charging.
Edited by Carbon, 24 February 2008 - 08:56 AM.