New SCUN war in the OC: NANO

58 replies to this topic

#26 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:22 AM

Put me down for a possiblity + 2 others maybe 3
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#27 Cheese-Boy

Cheese-Boy

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 02:33 PM

Put me down for a possiblity + 2 others maybe 3

you're my friend. <3
We stand for Justice! We are like the finger, up the nose of evil! They will not flee from our reach!

#28 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:16 PM

Isn't that cute...

Alrighty, I'm jogging 6.3 miles across San Diego to the train station with nerf guns strapped to my back, in full public view, to get to this war. Train up to Santa Ana, followed by another 2.3 mile jog to the location, again with nerf guns strapped to my back, again, in full view of the public. You people had damned well better show up.

In all seriousness, looking forward to it. It's going to be the first time in a year and nine months that I've nerfed with a setup completely free of loaner guns, using guns that I want to be using, that are actually finished.

It's about damned time.

EDIT:
To help those trying to get to the war, let me clarify Cheese Boy's directions a bit.
The park is actually called Santiago Park, and the actual address of the place is:

Santiago Park
510 E Memory Ln
Santa Ana, CA 92706

Cheese Boy, you might wanna add that to the first post. We all heart complete addresses.

Edited by Falcon, 25 March 2008 - 04:20 PM.

----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#29 Richomundo

Richomundo

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:41 PM

Oh La La, how did I miss this!

Who's down to carpool?

#30 Cheese-Boy

Cheese-Boy

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 02:58 PM

Who's down to carpool?

there's the train... or you can try to contact spoon, he's in LA. take the train to Santa Ana, and get a bus pass, or we can pick you up from the Santa Ana Train Station...

and here's another idea, the bus is a great system. i take the bus most of the time. if any one wants to meet at a specific spot, bring 3 dollars for a bus pass and we can all ride together! i'm in Garden Grove, near Huntington Beach (valley view).

Edited by Cheese-Boy, 28 March 2008 - 04:25 PM.

We stand for Justice! We are like the finger, up the nose of evil! They will not flee from our reach!

#31 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 03:50 PM

Random Off-Topic-ness:

Cheese Boy...
Bags said you were wanting a Maverick. If you haven't bought one yet, DON'T.

First of all, for our kind of play, they're kind of crap. But secondly, I have a modded one you can have. I'll bring it with me to NANO. It kicks quite a bit too, for a Mav.
----------||||||||)
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#32 Cheese-Boy

Cheese-Boy

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 04:26 PM

Random Off-Topic-ness:

Cheese Boy...
Bags said you were wanting a Maverick. If you haven't bought one yet, DON'T.

First of all, for our kind of play, they're kind of crap. But secondly, I have a modded one you can have. I'll bring it with me to NANO. It kicks quite a bit too, for a Mav.

i'm not buying one. i'm getting a 3k two pack. but i wouldn't mind having one, just for kicks. they just look so cool. thanks!

#33 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 08:47 PM

Seven day countdown. Week from today = war time. Don't forget; 'twill be awesome.
----------||||||||)

#34 Axelion burnout

Axelion burnout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 08:19 PM

Soccerdog813 and I are in for sure. So thats 2 more.
\,,/(^_^)\,,/

#35 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 01:23 AM

I am scrambling like mad to put together a crap load of stefans. I am hoping my order of petg comes in soon so I can make a double breech barrel or whatever it's called for my crossbow. I'm completely flustered and may get lost on the way to the war but I will be there.

#36 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 02:15 PM

This is great!

Cheeese-Boy doesn't know about this, but Bag's will talk to him about it later today or something.

If you think you may be showing up later in the day, PM me and I'll shoot you my cell number in the event that you can't find us. We MAY just be on lunch break, but we MAY also move to a new location. There are a few other parks around that Cheese-Boy's mentioned, but there's also a fairly close School that just reeks of nostalgia.

Write down this address:

2 Deerfield Ave.
Irvine, cA

If for some reason the location doesn't work out for us or we want to shake things up a bit, we may head on down to the old YANO/Geddon location at Venado and play there for a bit too. Just keep it in the back of your mind. Don't expect that to happen, but have the info on hand, give me a call if we're not at the park when you arrive, and I'll let you know where we are.
----------||||||||)

#37 Cheese-Boy

Cheese-Boy

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 02:57 PM

this is awesome! :D

hey, there is a new game that I want to try out, it's a little nutty. it involves easter eggs. also, you'll need single shot guns for it. it will be the first game we play, so i'll be there early early setting up for it!

also, you can pm me and i'll send my cell as well. i wouldn't mind being contacted by some of the OrangeCounty nerfers, just so we could connect not just on the wars. the only nerfer i see on a regular basis is Bags... (which isn't a bad thing).

any way, this is sounding like lots of fun. i'm glad more people are showing up!!

and Falcon, you're allowed to call me up...

#38 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 03:08 PM

also, you can pm me and i'll send my cell as well. i wouldn't mind being contacted by some of the OrangeCounty nerfers, just so we could connect not just on the wars. the only nerfer i see on a regular basis is Bags... (which isn't a bad thing).

Oh... you say that now...but in time... you'll regret admitting that you tolerate me.

it sure would be cool if we could just kinda random call out a skirmish on a Friday after our flash class one of these days...

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#39 Cheese-Boy

Cheese-Boy

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 03:14 PM

Oh... you say that now...but in time... you'll regret admitting that you tolerate me.

i don't know. sometimes it's hard knowing who tolerates who, seeing as how i call you up, sometimes 3 times a weekend. i've called you, once, 4 times in one day, man. i don't think that's me tolerating you. I actually think you'll begin to regret that you ever brought me to nerf.

yea, Bags and I have a class on Adobe Flash on fridays, so it would be awesome to just call random people up for stuff like that. good suggestion!

#40 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 04:50 PM

Feel free to set up for your egg game thingy, but we have a sick habit of warming up on a straightforward elimination round at the start of the day. Having not used the gun I'm bringing in nearly a year and a half, I'd like a warmup round if it's alright with you ladies...
----------||||||||)

#41 raw shrimp

raw shrimp

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:26 PM

This might be a stupid question, but would eyeglasses count as protection?

#42 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:36 PM

Who's down to carpool?

I'd come get ya if I wasn't coming from the completely opposite direction, i hate to say this, but Cheese boy has a point, your best bet may just be taking the train, the santa ana station and Orange stations both would put you rather close to the location.

This might be a stupid question, but would eyeglasses count as protection?

Typically they're ok, but it's kinda an at your own risk thing, as glasses don't give you the same kind of protection as most safety glasses.

-Bags

Edited by baghead, 31 March 2008 - 08:38 PM.

#43 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 11:34 PM

Well, if we have it in Irvine, then thats a greater chance I may be able to come. Just PM for my number if you guys need it. But ONLY if you need it.

#44 Cheese-Boy

Cheese-Boy

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 10:13 AM

Well, if we have it in Irvine, then thats a greater chance I may be able to come. Just PM for my number if you guys need it. But ONLY if you need it.

i think you should come any way :P

#45 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 11:51 PM

I mean yeah, I'll try my best to come, but it might be hard because I don't have a ride up there

Edited by nerfboi, 01 April 2008 - 11:51 PM.

#46 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 02:25 PM

I'm driving instead of hopping on the train. Where are you coming from? I'm coming from San Diego, so I may pass right through wherever you are. PM me if you still want to come and I'll stop by and grab you on the way up.

EDIT: Just confirmed. Rancho San margarita is RIGHT on my way to the war location. If you're okay with me picking you up (and your folks are okay with it) I'll do it. Consider it your 15th b-day present from SCUN.

If you're taking me up on it, PM me your address, and we're set to go.

Edited by Falcon, 02 April 2008 - 02:31 PM.

----------||||||||)

#47 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 02:42 PM

UPDATE: pending on further details, I may be showing up a little late... but I'll be bringing PILZ with me!

If this happens the Ark or SCUN and the "big ol' dart bucket" shall be left in Cheese-Boy's care this Friday, and I'll bring mine and Pilz's personal effects the day of the war.

The event of this happening depends on when Pilz can get out of class on Saturday, and if he'll be free after he's out. He's trying to figure all that out for me by tomorrow. so I'll post another update as soon as I know.

-Bags

#48 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:51 PM

Sweet. Looking forward to this, BIG time.

The crossbow won't be completed in time [again] due to some excessive stress that the current epoxy can't handle, but that's alright. I've got guns I'm more than comfy with. This will be a day to remember.
----------||||||||)

#49 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:23 AM

I'll ask my mom if we are doing anything on Saturday.

EDIT: Crap I just remembered, I have my youth group to go to. and I'm presenting something that day. Noooooooooo!!!!!! And I really really wanted to go too. Sorry guys, looks like I'm not going to make this one. Unless something happens and my youth group(bible study) is cancels, then yeah, I'm kinda outta luck. Hope you guys can understand. Sorry again guys.
But if theres one like next April, after April 7, I can go because I can drive!!!!!!

Edited by nerfboi, 03 April 2008 - 12:31 AM.

#50 Cheese-Boy

Cheese-Boy

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:13 PM

I'll ask my mom if we are doing anything on Saturday.

EDIT: Crap I just remembered, I have my youth group to go to. and I'm presenting something that day. Noooooooooo!!!!!! And I really really wanted to go too. Sorry guys, looks like I'm not going to make this one. Unless something happens and my youth group(bible study) is cancels, then yeah, I'm kinda outta luck. Hope you guys can understand. Sorry again guys.

sorry to be missin' you. there will be other Nano's in the future, considering it's Orange County's war. have fun at your youth group!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users