Photo

Big Blast With Integrated Mav Turret

11 replies to this topic

#1 The Shadow

The Shadow

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 01:18 PM

So I know I said I was going to wait for people's opinion's but I got bored and thought i might as well post it. Again sorry about the big pictures.
Posted Image
Posted Image
I'm just concerned that NH could be held liable when Ted inevitably ties this kid up and sticks him in his trunk for safe keeping. Seriously, Parkway, you might want to think about carrying a tazer.

#2 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2008 - 01:24 PM

That's pretty sharp. Does it shoot all six darts at once, or does the turret turn? It looks from the picture like it turns. What are the ranges like? It looks cool but you didn't really give very much information about it. And are those Firefly Glow Darts in the turret? What size PETG do you have that they fit in?

#3 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 01:27 PM

Yeah, that's really cool. I just have the same question as yourface.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#4 The Shadow

The Shadow

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 01:37 PM

That's pretty sharp. Does it shoot all six darts at once, or does the turret turn? It looks from the picture like it turns. What are the ranges like? It looks cool but you didn't really give very much information about it. And are those Firefly Glow Darts in the turret? What size PETG do you have that they fit in?

No it doesn't shoot all of them at once, like I said in the Modifications Pictures Thread, I needed a gun that combines long ranges as well as a faster reloading time. The turret does turn and you just push each barrel into the Pvc in the coupler(originally it was just going to be like a normal Big Blast with a single barrel but then this came up). Basically its like a Big Blast with six barrels, so it gets about the same ranges as any normal. pump-plugged, gun. No there are no Firefly darts in it, if you look at the second picture their is duct tape at the end of each barrel, making it more snug in each of the Mav turret barrels. PETG size is the same as OMC's 1/2" I believe.
I'm just concerned that NH could be held liable when Ted inevitably ties this kid up and sticks him in his trunk for safe keeping. Seriously, Parkway, you might want to think about carrying a tazer.

#5 l337n3rf3r

l337n3rf3r

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 03:30 PM

Thats pretty awesome. I think that you should try to get the rotating trigger mechanism from the mav and see if you could use it in the gun or make a larger scale replica of it it use in the gun.

~l337
Wii would like to play with you.

#6 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 04:44 PM

So you turn the maverick's barrel by hand?
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#7 The Shadow

The Shadow

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 05:34 PM

PointBlank Posted Today, 01:44 PM
So you turn the maverick's barrel by hand?

Yeah pretty much

#8 themilkman

themilkman

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • State:Texas

Posted 13 February 2008 - 12:56 AM

Oh man I wish you could have done a write up bc that set up looks pretty sweet from the pics(plus I have 2 broken mavs...)
"I am The Milkman, my milk is delicious"

I had a long hiatus from nerfing from '09-'13

#9 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 01:44 AM

Seriously it takes 2 seconds to resize a photo.

Right click
Edit
(opens in paint)
click on image
click on the Sketch and skew tab.

Reduce the vertical and horizontal to a tolerable level where NH users don't have to side scroll to read every fucking comment.

That said... Good job
I like it in that Frankenstein kind of way.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But Iím just not the angel you knew.

#10 firstblood

firstblood

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 04:36 PM

This is very cool nice job. It must take along time to load the barrels though huh?
So I recently got a Razor Fin from Poo, and decided to dig right in.

#11 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 06:21 PM

This is very cool nice job. It must take along time to load the barrels though huh?

I ask the same thing. Would you use a ramrod or blow them down the barrel?
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#12 The Shadow

The Shadow

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 09:18 PM

Write up to come soon, its going to be tough though because I might need a fresh Big Blast.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users