My Ps Experiments

A little something special for you VACC

38 replies to this topic

#26 pizlo

pizlo

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 11:03 PM

Having worked with IPB, there is a nice little mod that stops images from being over a certain size.

Also, you could do what spudfiles does. For every post depending on length you get "spudbucks" once you get enough, (probably at around 150-200 posts you have enough to "buy" signature capabilities. you could make the "cost" less if you wanted, then only serious experienced members could have them, and you could trust them. I don't know what software this forum is running so I'm not shure what it can do, but i think phpbb3 lets you regulate sigs...(this defiantly ISN'T phpbb3)

#27 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 10 February 2008 - 02:10 AM

Not fucking happening. I suggest you join a manga forum if you want your sig to include animated images of the things you'll never see in real life, like breasts.

#28 ltvills

ltvills

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 03:03 AM

Photoshop cs2 is still FTW(for the win)!!
i like how its simple and straight forward and the wand tool actually helps in it not like older cs versions
here is some of my works mostly sigs
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
rest of my stuff in deviant art [link]
Retired Australian Nerfer Due To University
=[

#29 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 03:19 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just some random uni shit.

I'm working full time now so all my new stuff is confidential etc.

I'll try and get some recreational stuff done, but I don't fancy my chances.
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#30 MithMorchaint

MithMorchaint

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 03:21 PM

Some of my stuff, I guess. I like to color more than draw, but I've been trying my hand at drawing lately as well. Quick mix of my stuff (rest is at ohanzee.deviantart.com).

Lineart from Megatokyo that I colored:
Posted Image
Posted Image

iPod commercial spoof:
Posted Image

Drawing and coloring based on a game screenshot:
Posted Image

And last, a quick experiment from a while ago:
Posted Image

Woo.

#31 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 03:41 PM

As far as reducing the black around the burger, probably best to fiddle with the Refine Edge (Alt+Ctrl+R or Select> Refine Edge) tool. Use it before you cut something out of the media you're taking it from. Takes some getting used to, but it's the most efficient way to get perfect cuts once you master it.

I don't do much PSing on my desktop, and since most of my graphic work is limited and geared towards websites, it's not the most glamorous. I'll get some stuff up later though.

pizlo - What did you actually create on there? Obviously the whopper is just a cut and paste, and the text is...text. Did you make the logos? Or did you grab them from somewhere else?

tait - Having not seen Garden State, I really don't know, but is that the actual art used on the DVD?

Edited by RAMBO, 11 February 2008 - 03:42 PM.

#32 pizlo

pizlo

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 04:35 PM

pizlo - What did you actually create on there? Obviously the whopper is just a cut and paste, and the text is...text. Did you make the logos? Or did you grab them from somewhere else?

All I did was compile those things. I know its nothing great, I'm still quite the PS noob.

#33 Spectre666

Spectre666

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 07:04 PM

VACC might disapprove of this, but just before I say it: I am not advertising for this website, I am only trying to help/give ideas to Pizlo.

Pizlo, you should check out worth1000.com. It has all sorts of things with PS, including free lessons and competitions. You could submit your stuff.

Just trying to help.
-Spec

P.S. Please don't ban me.

Just because you can't see me doesn't mean I'm not there.

"Quoth the Raven,'Nevermore.'" - Edgar Allan Poe

#34 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 11 February 2008 - 07:51 PM

I don't know if this is really photoshop, but if you go into my profile there is a picture I just roughly Green Screened of me holding my Longshot. The original image was actually just a frame of video and I did all the editing with free video editing software as well.

#35 pizlo

pizlo

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 10:30 PM

I don't know if this is really photoshop, but if you go into my profile there is a picture I just roughly Green Screened of me holding my Longshot. The original image was actually just a frame of video and I did all the editing with free video editing software as well.

Cool, its sorta lord of the ringsish, and who doesn't love Samwise Gamgee?

Actually Spect I have an account there, I haven't been in months, I really should check out the tuts there, thanks for the reminder.(I had forgotten)
Just trying to help. and I appropriate it.

#36 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 04:11 AM

tait - Having not seen Garden State, I really don't know, but is that the actual art used on the DVD?

Nah, owing to the low quality of dvd screencaps, everything but the low res caps of Zach Braf in headphones are just stocks or sourced from somewhere else.

Those were later built in director to become a dvd interface.
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#37 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 06:53 PM

All I did was compile those things. I know its nothing great, I'm still quite the PS noob.

I didn't mean it as a jab - it's a good comp, and it's clever - I was just curious.

tait - nice job on the DVD menu, nonetheless. Can you post links to some sites that you designed that have gone live?

#38 pizlo

pizlo

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 09:45 PM

I didn't mean it as a jab

I didn't think you did, sorry I made it sound that way. heres a funny pic to alleviate the awkward.
Posted Image

#39 Green Riptide

Green Riptide

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 10:50 PM

I just realized I hadn't mentioned yet that Captain Slug is actually an anagram of Chuck Norris.
Seriously, Psychonauts, Chibi Bomberman, and Hitchhikers Guide interspersed with ABP5K?
your gallery page fills me with supernatural amounts of glee.

as for myself, I'm still puzzling out Illustrator. The following started as a joke in my english class and was too good to pass up; I had been telling my friends I should make a T-shirt out of it for months when they finally remembered I had already done something similar once and pestered me until I actually did. Pictures of the actual shirt when/if i get them.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users