Lock 'n Load Write Up.

Going beyond words.

34 replies to this topic

#26 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 12:22 AM

Doesn't yours jump up when you shoot it?

A little bit, but so do all spring pistols.

I meant does it take you longer to type a full write up with pictures or to do this sort of video writeup.

I think this is faster, however it is one thing to modify and another to modify at a certain angle for the camera.

but due to technical difficulties and the on-site factor I still prefer images and text. Who does all the filming, since as far as I'm aware you only have two arms?

What technical difficulties?
Some of it was me setting it up in a position and the other times it was Raven.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#27 Green Riptide

Green Riptide

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 12:45 AM

What technical difficulties?
Some of it was me setting it up in a position and the other times it was Raven.

Either way, for the most part you're very good with the filming aspects. The only shot that was questionable was the face-edited one :P
As for technical difficulties, my primary internet-access point is behind a public school filter, so youtube/myspace/etc. are blocked. I'm basically limited to what i can get to through proxies until I get home; more of a personal issue than a widespread thing, but I feel the other points still stand.

#28 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 01:03 AM

Yay! You finally broke down and bought a band saw? If so you could be using that to cut you barrels and springs to length.
But you still aren't using those screwdrivers I recommended? :P

Edited by CaptainSlug, 04 February 2008 - 01:12 AM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#29 Kabuki

Kabuki

• Banned
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 04:15 PM

That's a very nice modification, Angel! I like the new video method. I'm sure it takes less time to set up, considering you don't have to type everything in. I guess you need to have some video editing experience, though.
QUOTE(Dark Shrimp @ Feb 21 2008, 06:03 AM) View Post

How come no one ever intends to create a pun? Whenever I make a pun it is always intended. There's nothing wrong with puns.

#30 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 05:33 PM

Great mod Angel. I got a Lock 'n Load last month at a Goodwill for $1. I just punched out the AR. I didn't cut the barrel or anything. I shoved a piece of CPVC down the stock barrel. I wanted to keep it in a condition that would allow me to do a better mod if I found one, which I think I did.

Edited by venom213, 04 February 2008 - 05:37 PM.

#31 Ccapogreca

Ccapogreca

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:08 PM

I'm surprised with the 56 feet though. I thought It would be more

No, 56' is pretty good for a L'n'L. The reason why they are so popular and awesome is because they look so real.
-Scotch

No your wrong, mine gets 85' consistantly. Angel, try using a chainblazer spring if you have one.
edit: yes I do know what I'm talking about, I own 4 lnls, 2 with a chainblazer spring.

Edited by Ccapogreca, 04 February 2008 - 09:26 PM.

QUOTE(keef @ Oct 25 2007, 05:41 PM) View Post

Grow a penis and say it to his face. Hes a bodybuilder and would eat you for breakfast.

#32 Dr Moose

Dr Moose

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:26 PM

Yes, a chainblazer spring makes an incredible difference. Mine gets around 70' consistantly with a chainblazer spring, a little more with a good stefan.
QUOTE(Forsaken_angel24 @ Apr 29 2008, 01:24 AM) View Post

QUOTE(Kid Flash @ Apr 27 2008, 06:11 PM) View Post

What is the best way to go at removing a stump without any power tools? Thanks ahead of time!

Be a man! Use your hands!

#33 Ccapogreca

Ccapogreca

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:29 PM

Yes, a chainblazer spring makes an incredible difference. Mine gets around 70' consistantly with a chainblazer spring, a little more with a good stefan.

I know, what kind of barrel are you using?
Nerfmonkey called bs when I said I was getting those ranges, and he had never even tried it.
QUOTE(keef @ Oct 25 2007, 05:41 PM) View Post

Grow a penis and say it to his face. Hes a bodybuilder and would eat you for breakfast.

#34 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 11:38 PM

I could always add bands to increase range if I choose. I really do not want this gun to last only one war though.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#35 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 11:51 PM

Getting bigger ranges out of it is not too difficult, as I'm sure FA realizes, but that's not the point. It is a fantastic sidearm, and its strength is precisely that. The moment you are using your LNL to attempt to shoot someone outside of 30 feet or so I really think it's time to figure out where the hell your primary got to. Yes, more power will make it more accurate at a shorter range, but the moment you sacrifice the ability to quickly and reliably muzzle load your side arm without the aid of a ramrod or blowing down the damn barrel is the moment you are taking a step away from the utility of the gun.

Ramrodding nerf guns; just say no.

VACC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users