My First Homemade

not quite 200 feet and 16 pumps

29 replies to this topic

#26 analogkid

analogkid

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 09:20 PM

Try either coupling a CPVC barrel, for a better fit, or nesting some brass or PETG. If your PVC is anything like mine, the darts can move around in the barrel from side to side, causing fishtailing. I would say that volume of air is too high also, the dart is exiting the barrel before the tank is empty, which is causing the dart to be blown to the side. A tighter barrel and less volume should equal accuracy.

#27 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 06:11 PM

I wouldn't scrap the gun persay. Just cut about 75% of the airtank off, and re-weld an endcap on there. that should solve some of your problems. With a tank that big, you're equipped ro fire a soda can a respectable distance. A full soda can. I'm suprised you haven't ripped any darts to shreds. Also, there's a difference between pressure and volume, and how fluid pressure works in containers of varying widths, but you're fourteen and it doesn't really matter anyway. Plenty of people make cool looking and functional guns without doing any math. (I think Carbon does most of his stuff trial-and-error, but I could be wrong there, don't want to offend anybody). And then of course you've got Captain Slug, who is very precise and methodical. At the end of the day though, you're probably just going to get sick of or lose your homemade.
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#28 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 06:58 PM

Plenty of people make cool looking and functional guns without doing any math. (I think Carbon does most of his stuff trial-and-error, but I could be wrong there, don't want to offend anybody).

No offense at all. I bust out the math occasionally, but you're quite right, I generally never bother with calculations, or even measurements...I usually just eyeball it.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#29 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 07:36 PM

And I'm new to the whole homemade stuff, so I don't even know what calculations to run. Remember, I'm just 14, so if anyone can help me out with the math, i would greatly appreciate it.
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#30 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 07:47 PM

Ice, you don't need math equations and all of that if you're 14. Just simply cut down your airtank and use a barrel say 16-18" long(something REASONABLE). Your gun will also need to be pumped LESS.

And for your nerf reviews video use http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=7150 ( what?! it's saying I can't insert a hyperlink....) to mod all of your guns.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users