Bbb Petg Coupler Mod

NEW!!

9 replies to this topic

#1 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:11 PM

Ok, so I wanted a cheap, fairly durable springer to back up my X-bow, so I swung by Target and grabbed a BBB. Here is what I wanted to increase: efficiency, range, and durability. Some of these ideas originated else where, but I’m bringing them all together along with some new stuff.
Materials:
½” PVC
5/8” PETG
OMC’s PETG
Hot Glue
Super Glue/Fishin' Glue
1. Open ‘er up and take out the orange barrel piece, and cut down the barrel piece, like in the picture. You can cut it down further, but wait until later in the mod to do so.
Posted Image
2. Create the coupler: Since I’ll be using OMC’s PETG I found some 5/8” PETG that works nicely as a coupler when sanded out a little bit. So sand out the bigger PETG and then nest it in some ½” PVC, like so.
Posted Image
3. Glue you coupler into the side of the orange piece, I’m using fishin’ glue, but super should also work.
Posted Image
Posted Image
4. Fill the orange piece with hot glue around the outside of your coupler, make sure it is flat and level with the PVC.
Posted Image
Here is a picture of the barrel in the coupler with a dart
Posted Image
and without dart:
Posted Image
Here is the barrel nested in the coupler:
Posted Image
5. That is the mod, from here you can do some appearance work, add a new spring, reinforce it, or a paint job. I did THA's spring replacement and reinforcement mod and cut off the front scope. I also plan on adding a removable stock in the future, and some more appearance work.
Posted Image
And thats it. What do you guys think? Good, bad, ugly?

Edited by sam, 22 January 2008 - 06:39 PM.

#2 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:27 PM

I like it but......... Inline ! Inline!

BBB's are really cool guns to have an incline on.

I think I'm going to try your mod and put that inline on.

I like the seal. Nice variation.

Edited by nerfer34, 22 January 2008 - 05:27 PM.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#3 Xinion

Xinion

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:41 PM

Very nice!

What kind of ranges do you get?
"It is nothing so trivial as revenge. A fight to the death with you. Only in that, can my soul find respite." -Gray Fox

#4 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:08 PM

Thanks for the compliments so far.

I don't think you could really put an inline clip on this thing unless you have super skinny darts.
I've been messing around with inline clips on my X-bow, but haven't really figured out something that works for me yet. I need to PM Carbon.

I didn't really have time to get good accurate distances. I was able to hit my garage at about chest level from ~70', but I think I might be able to squeeze a bit more out of it.

#5 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:37 PM

NIce.

What size PETG is OMC's?
Good mod.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#6 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 11:02 PM

OMC's petg is 9/16", it fits slightly tighter than 9/16" brass.

#7 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:06 AM

Vary nice mod. Vary clean.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#8 n-strike

n-strike

• Banned
  • 358 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:25 AM

Vary nice mod. Vary clean.

Yea, VARY. But seriously, nice mod. Is that thin walled or thick walled PVC? It looks thick walled...
kthxbaisend

#9 Liam

Liam

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 12:26 PM

Beautiful mod right there. Very clean looking, but you should have filled up the dead space with hot glue like Joeyagrl's big bad sexy mod.
The chances of one person taking a bomb on a plane are one in a million. The chances of two people taking a bomb on a plane are one in a trillion. So if you're scared of a terrorist attack, bring a bomb on a plane.

#10 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 12:34 PM

Yea, VARY. But seriously, nice mod. Is that thin walled or thick walled PVC? It looks thick walled...

Thick walled.

Beautiful mod right there. Very clean looking, but you should have filled up the dead space with hot glue like Joeyagrl's big bad sexy mod.

If you would have read the mod, or even looked at most of the pictures, you would have seen that I did.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users