Super Glue/Fishin' Glue
1. Open ‘er up and take out the orange barrel piece, and cut down the barrel piece, like in the picture. You can cut it down further, but wait until later in the mod to do so.
2. Create the coupler: Since I’ll be using OMC’s PETG I found some 5/8” PETG that works nicely as a coupler when sanded out a little bit. So sand out the bigger PETG and then nest it in some ½” PVC, like so.
3. Glue you coupler into the side of the orange piece, I’m using fishin’ glue, but super should also work.
4. Fill the orange piece with hot glue around the outside of your coupler, make sure it is flat and level with the PVC.
Here is a picture of the barrel in the coupler with a dart
and without dart:
Here is the barrel nested in the coupler:
5. That is the mod, from here you can do some appearance work, add a new spring, reinforce it, or a paint job. I did THA's spring replacement and reinforcement mod and cut off the front scope. I also plan on adding a removable stock in the future, and some more appearance work.
And thats it. What do you guys think? Good, bad, ugly?
Edited by sam, 22 January 2008 - 06:39 PM.