Nerf Hornet Revamp

36 replies to this topic

#26 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 12:20 AM

The Unity Power set is still available. But inventory is dependent upon the size and location of your TRU. Much like it is for the Target exclusive standalone Titan.
http://www.toysrus.c...oductId=2326183

I'm no longer a fan of any of the blasters in the set. The Hornet has tons of common manufacturing defects and is extremely hard to modify or even keep in one piece. The Titan is really heavy and ungainly no matter what you do to it. And the Scout performs terribly.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 26 January 2008 - 12:21 AM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#27 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts
  • State:California
  • Mad Artisan Labs on Youtube

Posted 26 January 2008 - 12:29 AM

The Unity Power set is still available. But inventory is dependent upon the size and location of your TRU. Much like it is for the Target exclusive standalone Titan.
http://www.toysrus.c...oductId=2326183

I'm no longer a fan of any of the blasters in the set. The Hornet has tons of common manufacturing defects and is extremely hard to modify or even keep in one piece. The Titan is really heavy and ungainly no matter what you do to it. And the Scout performs terribly.

I'd like to interject that I think the titan actually has the appropriate heft relative to it's power, and honestly, a minimized one can perform quite nicely as a primary, as long as it's not singled, that's just evil.

Seriously... how else can you get an effective ballgun for use in standard Modified play without using the titan?

you can't.

I agree that the hornet is a pain to work with, just like it's predecessor the Blastfire, and I'll never buy one for full price, nor attempt modify it to be used as a standalone gun ever again; 2 failed attempts of both particular basters is more than enough for me thank you. Even though this new color scheme does tempt me so.

But the fact that they're still around is a good thing, because that means they'll eventually go on clearance or pop up for sale used/broken, which means more volley mods for those of us who love pump guns.

-Bags

Edited by baghead, 26 January 2008 - 12:40 AM.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#28 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts
  • State:Georgia

Posted 26 January 2008 - 01:32 AM

My brother swears by his Hornet, and uses it effectively stock. I'm sure modding it is a bitch, but six semi-auto shots or a shotgun blast is a pretty sweet deal.

I'd be willing to pay $20.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#29 Liam

Liam

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 12:30 PM

I personally think red is a cooler color for the Hornet. But nice find.
The chances of one person taking a bomb on a plane are one in a million. The chances of two people taking a bomb on a plane are one in a trillion. So if you're scared of a terrorist attack, bring a bomb on a plane.

#30 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts
  • State:Pennsylvania

Posted 27 January 2008 - 01:42 AM

I just picked one up tonight (never got an N-strike set, and thought I'd try a Hornet).

Just so everyone knows, this thing is most definitely not purple. It's almost the same color as a Longshot (and the original Mav and FF), although it seems a little shinier.

Now to take out the 20 kajillion screws... ;)

Somethimes I hate Hasbro.

PS: I, too am a red fan, but for some reason I like blue blasters. *shrug*

Edited by jwasko, 27 January 2008 - 11:32 PM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#31 2nd Sniper

2nd Sniper

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 09:21 AM

Generally I find the hornet confusing and altogether ineffective. Now, I haven't sat down and cut it appart at all, but I'd say it's a streight up money waster. Although mavs aren't particuarily good either they are better than the hornet and are easier to mod, less cumbersome to use and have a higher ROF. In my opinion, the only good guns that have come out of Hasbro in a while are the Night Finder and the Titan.

-2nd
"One love, one heart, lets get together and feel alright" Bob Marley (Rest in Peace)

#32 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 12:23 PM

I don't want to get in a debate, but you don't like the hornet and you like the titan? What about sspb's, LS's, Recons, BBB's (well, kinda). I say they are good.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#33 2nd Sniper

2nd Sniper

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 05:42 PM

I can admit I am maybe leaving out a few.

Edited by 2nd Sniper, 27 January 2008 - 05:43 PM.

"One love, one heart, lets get together and feel alright" Bob Marley (Rest in Peace)

#34 Omega

Omega

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 07:27 PM

I don't want to get in a debate, but you don't like the hornet and you like the titan? What about sspb's, LS's, Recons, BBB's (well, kinda). I say they are good.

I think he was referring to the original N-Strike Unity Power System. The only real N-strike. The rest are just NERF guns- they don't attach or any awesome shit like that. Well, not for the most part, but you get my point.
QUOTE(Vishamon)
My rule is that those wearing a thong are considered to be invisible to other players.

#35 HoBoFiL

HoBoFiL

• Banned
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:48 PM

Now all you have to do is spray neon green on the orange spots and hawt pink on the grey and imbed rhinestones in the handle and you should have a ULTRA-pimpified hornet

lol thats the way to go
:P :w00t: :D

A motherfutchin purple hornet.

It actually looks blue when you compare it to the darts.

http://www.toysrus.c...oductId=2958480 its actually blue but when i saw it at tru it looked purple so probly two colors

#36 chefdave

chefdave

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:48 PM

You may want to check the date before posting, and multiple "smilies" are extremely erotic particuarly when they don't work.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jul 21 2009, 08:13 PM) View Post
QUOTE(crispy) View Post

Talio likes to eat his own shit.
It's a distinct possibility. But seriously, that's all you could come up with? You are a terrible Troll.

#37 HoBoFiL

HoBoFiL

• Banned
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:50 PM

I hope we get this up here in canada soon. WHooo I screwed up my hornet too. I would love too pick up another one. how much does it go for?

i read a reply saying it went 70 on the first try

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users