Is Nh Losing It?

29 replies to this topic

#26 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 04:27 PM

It just seems that nh has gone down so much since the "good ol days" where people contributed, and actually discussed topics(note semi-auto 2k thread). Seems like all of the "good" members have gone and none have come to replace them.

Semi-Auto AT2k

I figured because there were a lot of newer members, I'd post the thread, since there are probably many who don't remember/never saw it.
Tyranny Response Team

#27 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 06:06 PM

Groove = :)

Pretty much sums it up, people.

I took a short break away from NerfHaven, and joined another forum (unrelated to Nerf). Know what? There are goofballs, idiots, butt-wipes, eggheads, dweebers, and every other kind of social classification possible there, too.

But you know what? Everyone knows where everyone stands without having to remind each other every three posts.

If there's a slight spelling error, if everyone knows what's going on, it's let go. If the whole post reeks of first-grade dribble, it's either "moderated", or eliminated altogether.

Being away made me a more tolerant person when it comes to forums. Yes, we're still snobby about things like halfway decent grammar and posting things that make some sense with Nerf, but I won't go correcting every new member about things so trivial it makes me look like an anal-retentive doofus with no life.

Member number no longer means much; as we have deleted 60% of the new registrations through spam filtering. Members after October 2006 make up more than half of the membership.

Post count means absolutely nothing here (in my opinion), as I see way too many one and two-word posts as though it would actually make a difference.

I've come to the realization that this forum will always be populated with young people who either don't, or won't, correct themselves and conduct themselves with even halfway decent forum etiquette. Y'alls don't behave in shopping malls and out in public; why would I think that you'd behave any better on a discussion forum? I've decided to not get too bent out of shape on the forums.

But I will do my part to "moderate" post threads, and take administrative action against repeat violators. But the past threats and such don't seem to work. So I'll just take it in my own hands and dispense a little bit of "street style" moderation. So when you don't see so-and-so posting anymore, and wonder "where did he go?"... you might have a clue.

I guess I put it best in what I said awhile back. Take NerfHaven as it is. There's no fences holding anyone in. If it's that miserable to bear, there's other sites to go to. One member even took it upon himself to make "the better Nerf forums and site", and show us how it's done. I don't think it exists anymore.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#28 ultra920

ultra920

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 11:34 AM

It really pisses me off that a guy, who was only here a MONTH, is getting pissed about the site. he might as well wear a shirt saying "flame and ban me". I mean, i can see some one who joined in the begining, or 3 years ago. Not 1 month.
There is no Ultra, only a 920.

PSN: ultra920 MGO:ultra920 shoot me an MGO invite if you play

#29 The Metal Bullet

The Metal Bullet

• Banned
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 03:30 PM

It really pisses me off that a guy, who was only here a MONTH, is getting pissed about the site. he might as well wear a shirt saying "flame and ban me". I mean, i can see some one who joined in the begining, or 3 years ago. Not 1 month.

You, my friend, Have been here for about 6 months. You Really don't have a right to talk either.
Help With donating for the Wildfire's that are spreading... Join me and thousands of others at...CA Wildfire Red Cross

EARN EASY MONEY... 100's a month.

#30 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 12:21 AM

You, my friend, Have been here for about 6 months. You Really don't have a right to talk either.

Says the member who joined in October...

I thought this topic was essentially closed. I guess I'm going to have to close it and reiterate what has been said through my own spin.

Don't make topics like this unless you've been here for a long time. And keep in mind that those who have been here for a long time don't make these topics. If you have a serious issue with how the site is being run, write an angry email and then delete it. Do this 20352304769534924356 times. Once you surpass that number, send an email to one of the admins.

I'm going to have to find new ways of saying closed...
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users