Crossbow Reinforcement

Plunger shaft

8 replies to this topic

#1 NerfKing

NerfKing

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 07:11 PM

I just got a X-Bow, and I want to reinforce the plunger shaft. I was just going to put some metal rods and epoxy in the shaft, but I notice the there was a little piece of plastic that guides the plunger shaft into the plunger tube....Will the plunger shaft still go into the tube well if I cut this little piece of plastic out?

#2 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 10:11 PM

what piece are you talking about?

anyways, i'd give you a link to my xbow mod on this site, but i'm not entirely sure it's back up since the revamp.
You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

#3 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 12 November 2003 - 07:31 PM

If you're talking about that rail that sits behind and above the trigger assembly, yes. If you're talking about the part in front of the trigger assembly near the spring and chamber, no.
~Famine
of Mag-7
East Coast Nerf 2005: Step It Up.
East Coast Nerf 2006: That's more like it.
East Coast Nerf 2007: I'm not driving to Massachusetts again.
East Coast Nerf 2008: Day of Regret.
East Coast Nerf 2009: Quid pro quo, douchebags!

#4 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 12 November 2003 - 10:31 PM

Funny you should dig this up right now. And funny nobodies going to flame you for pulling up a topic from two weeks ago, but I digress.

Vacc, you and myself had a discussion about this on sunday. Well mine was really torn to crap. Half the plunger shaft was missing and replaced with a wooden dowl. Well, after I hit my head on my work bench for several hours, I had a stroke of genious. I used a pretty liberal amount of brass, about an inch on each side where the it goes from plastic to wood, to enforce the transition. I then used plumbers good to hold a steal rod the rest of the way down. This worked well, but I had to cut the rail to shit, and dremel out the back a little more. It works good, I may post pics soon, cause it's pretty fucking amazing I got this thing to work in the condition it was in.

Hope I helped someone,

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#5 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 12 November 2003 - 10:34 PM

Funny you should dig this up right now. And funny nobodies going to flame you for pulling up a topic from two weeks ago, but I digress.

Vacc, you and myself had a discussion about this on sunday. Well mine was really torn to crap. Half the plunger shaft was missing and replaced with a wooden dowl. Well, after I hit my head on my work bench for several hours, I had a stroke of genious. I used a pretty liberal amount of brass, about an inch on each side where the it goes from plastic to wood, to enforce the transition. I then used plumbers good to hold a steal rod the rest of the way down. This worked well, but I had to cut the rail to shit, and dremel out the back a little more. It works good, I may post pics soon, cause it's pretty fucking amazing I got this thing to work in the condition it was in.

Hope I helped someone,

Talio.

It was going to be one of us, actually. Famine can take a "hit." He'll probably enjoy it; Nobody else will.

Vacc?! Where?!
"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

#6 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 12 November 2003 - 10:59 PM

I'd really like to see pics of that plunger Talio, I know how we normally patch ours but I'm always excited to see new approaches. I had actually read this topic a week ago or so and intended to reply but I got distracted or something... by a piece of string...
~Famine
of Mag-7

#7 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 10:43 PM

To be honest I wonder if it's even worth it. This bloody thing isn't shooting extremely well. Either the gun is over rated, or mine just sucks, either way, when i stop being lazy, I'll post pics.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#8 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 14 November 2003 - 01:47 AM

Well, you saw how ours performed at the war so I guess you can draw your own comparisons and conclusions. Some might argue that the gun IS overrated, getting the max range out of one can take alot of experimenting with barrel length and band tension. Us Horsemen like em because they're dependable and they're pretty much work horses, you can mod the shit out of it without worrying about firing mechanisms.

Post pics.
~Famine
of Mag-7

#9 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 14 November 2003 - 11:32 AM

This is true. And mines not all that bad to be honest. Now I saw the range on your gun Famine, but I didn't notice it on anyone elses. It seemed like Vacc was always on my team and never around me. The only time we were in battle was during the pistol round when I said I was out, ran around the corner, cleared myself, and after he tackled someone, I unloaded a splitfire on him.

Ok, end that rant. My gun is getting a little bit better range then yours is Fammy Po, but I think thats due to the barrel replacement. And yes it is breech loading. I also noticed I didn't seal the thing as well as I wish I had. So the things going to be in peices tonight. Once I find our camera that my Mom has prompty pad locked somewhere with a german shepard chained to and then lost, I'll be happy to post pics.

Talio.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users