Photo

Longshot Help

29 replies to this topic

#26 Guest_CornMan_*

Guest_CornMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:06 PM

I thought I replied on this topic yesterday, but did you say a nite finder spring? That's kinda weak. I don't know very much about longshots, (seeing as I do not own one) but A really good spring to replace it with is a handyman 9713 spring that you can find at most home depots. It fit in a big bad bow, so I am very sure that it will fit in there. You'll be getting about 100 feet with that [b]HANDYMAN 9713 SPRING. It will probably be about five bucks. ;) But then again, it is a very powerful spring. It's like 1/3 more powerful as a bbb spring, so like dayko said, it's gonna break after a while

Edited by CornMan, 07 November 2007 - 08:07 PM.

#27 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:19 PM

As long as you make the proper reinforcements to the Longshot, mainly the BOLT SLED it should be able to handle a heavier spring such as the #9713 for about much longer without breaking. Also, #9713's aren't that expensive, I can get a two-pack at my Home Depot for around $6.00 tax included, I use them on practically any spring-gun I can fit them into.
When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

#28 dadude778

dadude778

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:26 PM

Dude, just so you know putting a BBB spring inside the LS does get you better ranges but at a price. Your LS will break after awhile. The BBB spring is just to powerful for it.

Yeah it would have been 20 bucks and a useless bbb to put the spring in there
I had also heard stories of peoples breaking with the bbb spring so I decided to forget it

And also...

Blasphemy how do you reinforce the bolt sled if you wanted to?
Make sure the top of your gun is parallel to the ground when firing.
Finish those other mods so I have something else to read on here.
Now have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up. :)

- Forsaken_angel24

#29 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:51 PM

Epoxy aluminum sheeting onto the inside surfaces (the outside must interact with the guides on the shell of the gun, so it's not an option for reinforcement there). NO hot glue, use something that holds for what it's worth.

Also, you can take the BBB spring, reinforce your LS with said aluminum sheeting, and put the 9713 spring in the BBB. Two wins, plus both guns have plenty of power.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#30 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:59 PM

Dude, just so you know putting a BBB spring inside the LS does get you better ranges but at a price. Your LS will break after awhile. The BBB spring is just to powerful for it.

Yeah it would have been 20 bucks and a useless bbb to put the spring in there
I had also heard stories of peoples breaking with the bbb spring so I decided to forget it

And also...

Blasphemy how do you reinforce the bolt sled if you wanted to?

Easy, you simply find a strong adhesive, (JB Kwik Weld, IPS Weld On, Gorilla Glue, or Fishin' Glue would all work well) find some aluminum flashing, (Can easily be found in Lowes or Home Depot in the roofing or insulation sections) cut several layers of the flashing (2-4 layers recommended) relative to each side of the bold sled, use adhesive to sandwich the several pieces you cut for each side, apply each sandwiched piece to its side of the bolt sled using your adhesive and wait for it to dry (Remember to test how well each sandwiched piece has adhered to the bolt sled.) And your have a reinforced bolt-sled.

EDIT: Darn, SHA beat me to it. Curse, you SHA and your infernal ninja reply skills ;), and curse me and my infernally inferior typing skills :blush:.

Edited by Blasphemy, 07 November 2007 - 09:05 PM.

When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users