First Nerf Mod

My first nerf mod what should i do.

8 replies to this topic

#1 nelsmister

nelsmister

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 07:28 AM

I am a rookie and new to modding nerf guns. I just opened my nerf gun and i removed the airrestrictor, but it doesn't shot much farther then before. Is there anything (that's doesn't involve buying alot of parts) that will make the gun shot farther.
Got tips e-mail me tjnel12@comcast.net

#2 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 07:32 AM

It would help if we knew what gun it was.
Also, http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=7150
QUOTE(Ubermensch)
If I were you, I wouldn't mess with the mods, or make stupid mistakes like misspelling their names. I mean, CAVV is really tough on that kind of thing

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#3 nelsmister

nelsmister

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 07:34 AM

Sorry lionhead forgot. I was nervous becuase it was my first post.It is the longshot.

Edited by nelsmister, 28 October 2007 - 07:34 AM.

Got tips e-mail me tjnel12@comcast.net

#4 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 07:50 AM

Well, it it was one of your first mods, it was dumb to pick it. The longshot is incredibly difficult for a newbie to modify. Still, go to the mod directory, or here- http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=7527

You're not Matt, are you?
QUOTE(Ubermensch)
If I were you, I wouldn't mess with the mods, or make stupid mistakes like misspelling their names. I mean, CAVV is really tough on that kind of thing

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#5 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 07:52 AM

If it's the longshot, you're lucky you even got the AR's out without breaking it as your first mod. For the longshot, no, there really isn't a way to give it great range without some serious modding.
how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#6 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 08:48 AM

The LS is actually not a difficult beginners' mod (as far as basic stuff goes). You just have to be careful about not removing any of the parts that you don't plan on modding from the shell. Mod whatever you did take out, and then stick it back in. The entire AR alone can be pulled out with only a drill/Dremel and needlenose pliers.

That being said, a simple AR removal won't make the gun shoot much farther. You'll have to get in-depth before seeing any real improvement. This means adding springs, replacing the breech, and reinforcing. That is the portion of the work that probably discourages so many new modders.

Edit: In addition to this, the LS was also my first mod. It was Angel Breeched without any problems. Anyone can do it, but it just takes more time, patience, and money than other mods.

Edited by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA, 28 October 2007 - 08:56 AM.

The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#7 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 08:48 AM

Let's not be hasty here. My first mod was a longshot, and it went fine. It's by no means the best gun in my arsenal anymore, but it's a reliable old gun. The biggest problem I had was it has so many damn screws in it.

H'okay, so here's my advice.

Add a nightfinder spring. Don't stretch it or anything, just put it inside the stock spring and put the plunger back together.

Remove the bipod. Unless you actually use it, but I don't think too many people do.

The last thing I did was slip 1/2 inch copper tubing into the barrel. It's not airtight, but it's smooth, and it's tighter than the stock barrel.

Then there's cosmetic things you can do. Be creative, have fun, impress us.
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#8 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 12:00 PM

I have to agree, The LS is not that hard to mod as long as you know where to cut and have some skill with a Dremel. (I do) It was only my third mod, after a Maverick and a Nitefinder. You might want to reinforce the bolt sled, and then add a much stronger spring like an industrial one... Handymans? Though, using a BBB spring will get great ranges. I only left mine in for a few days out of fear, but I got around 100'.

And for the cosmetic things... *cough* <-- Clicky Herey

Edited by Maeric, 28 October 2007 - 12:01 PM.

Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#9 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 06:00 PM

Which brings me to my second longshot project:

*click*
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users