Cpvced Tek Ten

One odd gun, and a write up.

32 replies to this topic

#1 Z-man12

Z-man12

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 10:39 PM

Well while we were out the other day going to some junk stores my brother found a Tek 10. I wasn’t really interested all that much because I think its ugly and figured it wouldn’t have much power. But he wanted to get it and at $1.50 might as well. Needless to say I wasn’t expecting much out of this gun but when I got a dart in it and fired it for the first time I was surprised to see that it fired about 40 feet (I paced it and I have a yard stride) now I really couldn’t wait to get it open. Upon opening it I was surprised to find a plunger and tube about the size of a Night Finder’s. Any way here is how I CPVCed the barrels.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok first step open up the Tek 10. Be careful about the cocking slide it doesn’t come off very well, or at least mine didn’t.

Posted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marvel at the odd insides for a second. Take your time taking off the turret there are three pieces that are part of it and the spring falls off and you could lose it.

Posted Image

Once you have the turret off. Look at the front of the gun’s turret there is a small screw holding a bracing piece in. Remove the Screw and the brace should come off easily.

Posted Image

Now take your time and pry off the turret housing from the base of the turret. Take your time and it will come off with out breaking. I used a knife blade to pry it open, just be careful if you use a knife to pry on the turret.

Posted Image

Once you get it all pried off you will have the base with the pegs, and the turret housing. It should look something like this.

Posted Image

Then toss the turret housing aside your not going to be needing it any more. Take the turret base and cut the pegs off of it. Try to make them relatively flush.

Posted Image

Then reattach the brace piece you removed a little bit ago using the same screw. Make sure it is aligned properly to match up with the barrels you will be adding. Then start gluing your barrels to the gun . Use the brace as a guide. I would recommend gluing the barrel to the brace as well as the base of the turret for added strength. Be careful not to leak your glue into the inside of the turret where the spring goes. If you do take the time to clean it up, other wise the rotation mech will not work right because there is not enough resistance on the pieces for them to catch and turn.

Posted Image

It should look something like this when you get all done.

Posted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\

Now just put the turret back into the gun the same way it was when you took it out.

Posted Image

Ranges after I CPVCed this gun were astounding to me. It averaged out to about 54 Feet! Again I paced so I may be off just a little bit. I just couldn’t believe the power this has for a spring powered turret gun. It is a little bit big for a secondary but I would be tempted to use it in a war if I could get it away from my brother long enough.

Questions and comments welcome.
I mod nerf guns so they look good. So leave my scopes, doodads, and trinkets alone I like them. I don't mind the weight and I started out that way on toy guns and its not going to change.

#2 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 11:15 AM

Excellent! Its always great seeing shit guns turned good. Its also incredibly clean!

Props

-Butt
QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#3 Yazzeh

Yazzeh

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 11:30 PM

Well now I just have to go out and buy the Tek 6 as well and do this. I wonder if the newer tek 10s (that look slightly nicer) have weaker or stronger springs... The old style Tek 10 (the one you modded) I found at value village seems pretty weak to me, but the new one I had bought a while ago seemed more than decent with power for something with 10 barrels.

Great mod, I was never sure how to open the barrel assembly. I'm always wary of prying things apart.

#4 Z-man12

Z-man12

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 11:35 PM

Glad to be of help on how to open it. I have no idea if they are weaker or stronger I only have the older verson. I have another one of these comeing to me off the internet. You will have to wait and see what I do with it, but it will be intresting.
I mod nerf guns so they look good. So leave my scopes, doodads, and trinkets alone I like them. I don't mind the weight and I started out that way on toy guns and its not going to change.

#5 Shorty

Shorty

• Banned
  • 157 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 12:03 PM

Nice, Do Tek 10's barrel turns automatically? If it does, does it go farther than the DartTag's when PVCed?
I love imports.
DarkShrimp is the next Piney.
"Ignorance can be fixed. Stupidity is forever."

#6 Z-man12

Z-man12

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 12:38 PM

Nice, Do Tek 10's barrel turns automatically? If it does, does it go farther than the DartTag's when PVCed?

Yes it turns automaticly, when you cock it rather then when you fire it like the Mav.

I don't own a dart tag gun so I cant tell you for sure.

#7 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 10:32 PM

z-man you are right about the maverick's cocking mechanism. It rotates when you pull trigger, my friends is so overused, when you shoot it, you have to slowly pull the trigger. Otherwise it doesn't rotate enough and you have a weak shot/misfire.
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#8 the beast

the beast

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 11:48 PM

Lynx dont post on a 6 month old topic you idiot.

Edited by the beast, 01 September 2007 - 11:50 PM.

#9 blister

blister

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 12:29 AM

Lynx dont post on a 6 month old topic you idiot.

Are you retarded?
Subvert the Dominant Paradigm.

#10 AJAQ

AJAQ

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 09:42 AM

The topic isn't even 1 month out...
~AJAQ~

#11 the beast

the beast

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 10:43 AM

sooorry it was to late cant think straight. Plus i trained me mind to not think school is coming. Sorry again Lynx.

Edited by the beast, 03 September 2007 - 10:44 AM.

#12 Smashkirby

Smashkirby

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 10:56 AM

Plus i trained me mind to not think school is coming. Sorry again Lynx.

Psssh tell me about it. But school is tomorrow for me :D.No more waking up at 9:30.Anyway the mod will probably be better if you make your darts a bit smaller because the cpvc is a tight fit for most darts.
Quoting: My sister when she saw a picture of Groove.

"Daaaamn. That's one fine looking man"

Yeah. It was scary.

#13 skiremark

skiremark

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 06:34 PM

So how long did you make each piece of CPVC?

#14 xNFx 37

xNFx 37

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 06:39 PM

7th Necro today! But to answer your question, He probably used 3-4 inches.

Edited by xNFx 37, 16 March 2008 - 06:40 PM.

it also has a cock on it

-Chief

#15 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 06:40 PM

How come all these new people dont read the coc and keep posting in old topics?

#16 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 09:08 PM

How come all these new people dont read the coc and keep posting in old topics?

Your posts were utter shit until a few days ago so I would suggest not making worthless posts in topics you don't care about, just to complain about new people not following the rules.

Just a little advice.
SexD Warves

#17 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 09:20 PM

Nice mod, for some reason my friend is obsessed with tek 10's and tek 6's, and maybe I can help him make them not suck.

And what's with that FoamForce guy? He posts complementing your mod, and then gets himself banned because of his topic stating "Nerf sucks? I do not understand.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#18 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 10:00 PM

I checked all his/her posts. Sounds like a friend was screwing with their account or they got converted to airsoft. they hadn't posted since November.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#19 nat

nat

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:51 PM

hi im new to nerf and i was wondering what size cpvc i sohould use because i have a tek 10 and was thinking of modding it
If practice makes perfect and nobody is perfect, then why practice.

I pitty you foo! ~MR. T

#20 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:24 PM

Must contain the rage...*deep breath*

Okay...

hi im new to nerf and i was wondering what size cpvc i sohould use because i have a tek 10 and was thinking of modding it

If you are using micro-sized darts (that is, ones that are about the same size as the ones that come with just about every blaster these days), then 1/2" CPVC is what you are looking for.

Really, though, you should just use whatever fits your darts well and is appropriate to the blaster and modification. For a Tek 10, that means a relatively tight fitting barrel...it should be hard to get your darts in, but not so hard that you have to jam them in. CPVC may be a little too tight, but it's not a terrible barrel material for something like a Tek 10.

Important
Also, use the shift button and punctuation! It is a rule here that we must use proper spelling and grammar. See here, and I highly suggest that you read this as well.

It's for your own benefit that you follow all of those rules.

Edited by jwasko, 17 March 2008 - 05:27 PM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#21 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:31 PM

Use 1/2" CPVC.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#22 nat

nat

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 11:37 AM

How do i get the turret apart?

I pitty you foo! ~MR. T

#23 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 11:42 AM

Try not to necro threads; it tends to irritate pretty much everyone on the boards, especially the admins, who tend to not be in a good mood at any given point in the day.

Also, do try to use proper capitalization. Remember, I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.

Here is a Tek 10 mod. It looks like you just unscrew the front of the turret, and then slowly pull it out, being careful to avoid losing the springs or any of the other small parts to the gun.

~ompa

#24 nat

nat

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 04:51 PM

Yes, i understand that but how do i take off that black part connected to the middle-back of the orange part.

http://i126.photobuc...10/OpenCase.jpg

I pitty you foo! ~MR. T

#25 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 04:59 PM

"Once you have the turret off. Look at the front of the gun’s turret there is a small screw holding a bracing piece in. Remove the Screw and the brace should come off easily."

Without a circled picture on your part, I really can't help you much more than that. The mod pretty much tells you how to take it apart piece by piece.

And what part about proper capitalization did you not understand? Please use it. Do not force my hand. The CoC is there for a reason. I enforce it, and right now, you're really not doing a good job of following it.

You're on strike one, two more and you're gone. I will happily rescind strikes if you show a marked improvement.

~ompa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users