Photo

Rapidfire Shotgun Mod

22 replies to this topic

#1 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 05:17 PM

Hello, NerfHaven! I’ve been gone for a little while because of school projects, hobbies, new video games, and building a shed, but I’m back.

Just recently, a large sporting goods store opened up close to where I live, and on my first visit there a few days ago, I saw a huge wall filled with “Foam Shooters” nerf guns, like the pump shotgun that Forsaken Angel modified. I bought the new pump action gun with a 12 barrel turret for $30 and ran home to modify it.

Pre-Modification:

Out of the box, the gun looks very cool and it works well. It fires darts that have the same diameter as Megas, but they are shorter than Stock Megas, which won’t fit in the gun until you modify it. It auto-rotates, so it’s easy to use, but the range is terrible. When I got out of the car, I loaded a few darts and fired It, and it got 20 foot range, so I grabbed my hack saw and got to work.

Moding the gun:

First of all, I apologize for having no pictures. My 6 year old computer and it’s 11 year old opperating system suck, but I do have a link.

I removed the air restrictors, and added a longshot spring. I was going to brass it, but I didn't have enough brass avaliable.

First, you have to saw off the orange cap on the front usind a dremel, hacksaw, or whatever you have avaliable. You can't open the gun without that removed.

Pay close attention to the arrangement of the parts in this gun, I have no pictures to help you, and there are a few confusing and frustrating parts in there.

When you get the gun open, the first thing you should do is remove the air restrictors. Detach the spring from the auto-rotating mech, and take the whole Turret assembly out of the gun. Take off the auto-rotating thing (it just comes right off) and take out the 4 screws on the front of the turret. Those are the only turret srews you need to remove, ignore the ones on the back.

Take off the entire front of the turret and set it aside. This leaves you with the main barrels which contain the air restrictors, and the back part of the turret, which are glued together. Take a screwdriver and pry them apart, going all the way around the turret until they are seperated. You can also do this without a screwdriver, because the glue isn't very strong, but the screwdriver makes it easier.

Once you get them apart, take the yellow 12 barrel section and push out the pegs and the air restrictors, which come out fairly easily. At this point, you can brass it if you want to. 17/32" brass fits beautifully in the barrels, so it would be fairly easy to do. I was going to brass mine, put I ran out of brass and didn't have enough for all 12 barrels. If you're not going to brass it, put the turret back together and set it aside.

Now it's time to add a more powerful spring. A BBB spring, Stretched Maxshot spring, or longshot spring work perfectly. I had an extra Longshot spring laying around after I replaced it with a BBB spring, so I used that.

The plunger shaft has no screws and doesn't come apart to my knowledge. If you wish to add a better spring, (I suggest you do!) you have to uncoil one end of the spring just enough to fit it on the plunger shaft, and then screw the spring on.

Once you've finished that, put the gun together and you're finished. Take a good look at the 2 extension springs that go on the trigger and the auto rotating mech, these are a major pain in the ass, and the gun won't work properly without them. Here's a little drawing of where they are :wacko:

_____________+___ <auto rotation mech
o <Spring here^
O
o <Spring hereV
=========+= <Trigger mech

When I got the gun together and test fired it, it got 50-60 feet range with its stock darts and with stock Megas. (Megas fit in the barrel after the air restrictors are removed.)

If you decide to brass it, and you are using stefans, the gun is definitely capable of 80' range or more.

I love it now. It's still inferior to the Longshot, but its great anyway, and it has alot of power.

If you get this gun and have any problems, PM me or post in this thread and I'll gladly help you.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#2 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 05:55 PM

Have you seen Forsaken Angel's Pump shotgun mod? Is the plunger similar to that of the pump shotgun's? This looks pretty promising.
Here is the link.

Edited by sam, 02 November 2006 - 05:56 PM.

#3 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 06:00 PM

Have you seen Forsaken Angel's Pump shotgun mod? Is the plunger similar to that of the pump shotgun's? This looks pretty promising.

Yes, the plungers are very similar, if not identical. This gun and the pump shotgun that Forsaken Angel modified are made by the same company, and are virtually identical, except this fires darts and his used to fire balls.

Edited by AssassinNF, 02 November 2006 - 06:01 PM.

#4 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 10:31 PM

Jealous,J ealous, Jealous. I have been looking for this beast for quite a while now. 12 barrels? Thats amazing.

If you can upload some pics I would love to add this to the directory. Get these high quality ERTL guns out of the misc guns section.

Now for all my questions:

1 What is the name of the store you got it at?
2 Is the catch the trigger or does the trigger trigger the catch, (Hope you guys understand that)
3 What is the catch powered by? expansion spring or torsion spring?
4 Does this havea double 0-ring as well?
5 Can the shell in front of the gun be sawed off so the turret can hold 12 6" barrels?
6 How sturdy does the gun feel?
7 Does the stock fit well against the shoulder?
8 Why am I asking so many questions?
9 Is the stock hollow enough for integrations?
10 Is the spring in the gun long and strong but have few coils? (the other one did)
11 How comfortable is the grip/pump?
12 How airtight is the turret next to the plunger tube?
13 Has the gun jammed or skipped a chamber yet?
14 What kind of sexy factor does this gun have? 1-10? 1 being hideous like the perceptor and 10 being the awe inspiring longshot.

I am not fucking around guys. When it comes to the makers of these guns, they are right up their with nerf in my books. Lanard comes kinda close but these hunting guys are right on the money. The pump action shotgun is still my favorite gun to this day.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 02 November 2006 - 11:00 PM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#5 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 08:28 PM

I'm afraid I can't get some pics up, I can barely get on the internet in the first place most of the time. My computer sucks, AND it has a fucking virus on it (my computer is too old to download any decent virus protection software). I will be getting a new computer soon, but for now I can't do pictures. :(

I can answer you questions, though.

1. Gander Mountain (or something close to that.)
2. Trigger triggers the catch.
3. It was strange, I didn't see a spring at all on the catch.
4. No o-ring at all. It was more of a giant rubber block.
5. Nope. Without the front part, the turret would probably just fall off.
6. Very sturdy. It's got the same "Not going to break anytime soon" feel that the Longshot has.
7. Not as well as the longshot, but pretty good. A hell of alot better than the Double shot.
8. Cause its an awesome gun.
9. Yes, there's nothing in the stock, but the stock itself is pretty thin. (about 1.5")
10. Yes
11. Very comfortable, even for my ridiculously large hands.
12. It has an O-ring on the front of the plunger tube. :D
13. Nope.
14. 8.

I agree with Forsaken Angel here, Outdoor Sportsman is definitely right up with nerf. If it weren't for the Longshot and its reign of Nerf ownage I unleashed upon my friends last month, This gun would be my favorite gun.

#6 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 11:16 PM

Yay its at Gander Mountain. I can get there on my own (but I will get a ride cuz it is really cold out)

Does this work like the maverick and the DTG, I mean how the turrent rotates. and how do you fill the turrent?
Do you feel like a stronger spring could be put inside that gun?
How good is the seel?
Could it be improved? *glances over at his teflon tape*
How loud is it?
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#7 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:37 AM

Yay its at Gander Mountain. I can get there on my own (but I will get a ride cuz it is really cold out)

1. Does this work like the maverick and the DTG, I mean how the turrent rotates. and how do you fill the turrent?
2. Do you feel like a stronger spring could be put inside that gun?
3. How good is the seel?
4. Could it be improved? *glances over at his teflon tape*
5. How loud is it?

1. Sort of. It rotates when you pump it, instead of rotating when you pull the trigger.
2. Yes. If you look at my first post, you'll see I added a longshot spring to it. :lol:
3. Very good (o-ring)
4. Doubt it
5. Very loud after a spring addition and AR removal.

Keep the questions coming! :lol:

#8 moubeus5018

moubeus5018

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 05:40 PM

I'm afraid I can't get some pics up, I can barely get on the internet in the first place most of the time. My computer sucks, AND it has a fucking virus on it (my computer is too old to download any decent virus protection software). I will be getting a new computer soon, but for now I can't do pictures. :lol:

I can answer you questions, though.

1. Gander Mountain (or something close to that.)
2. Trigger triggers the catch.
3. It was strange, I didn't see a spring at all on the catch.
4. No o-ring at all. It was more of a giant rubber block.
5. Nope. Without the front part, the turret would probably just fall off.
6. Very sturdy. It's got the same "Not going to break anytime soon" feel that the Longshot has.
7. Not as well as the longshot, but pretty good. A hell of alot better than the Double shot.
8. Cause its an awesome gun.
9. Yes, there's nothing in the stock, but the stock itself is pretty thin. (about 1.5")
10. Yes
11. Very comfortable, even for my ridiculously large hands.
12. It has an O-ring on the front of the plunger tube. :lol:
13. Nope.
14. 8.

I agree with Forsaken Angel here, Outdoor Sportsman is definitely right up with nerf. If it weren't for the Longshot and its reign of Nerf ownage I unleashed upon my friends last month, This gun would be my favorite gun.

There you go again David. On Nerfhaven istead of doing work in German class on our new laptops. I thought that is what you were up to... Slacking off agian... Owell I cant complain, me and Craig are watching videos. (Gotta love that class dont we)
On the serious side...

From what you have explained to me, i want one. I can confirm that you got it at Gander mountain. I want to go there soon.

I am pretty glad that you didnot have it at my party, the longshot was nasty, but we incapacitated you by simply making you run out of ammo. With this, we would have been screwed.

The turret loads just like a firefly or mav correct? Megas though. That is the only thing stoping me from going out and getiing one- Low megga ammo count.

Did they have any other (normal) Nerfish guns at GM? I mean by normal is not mega, or balls. If i get one can you take a crack at it?

Would you suggest me getting this or a longshot and leting you work on it for me (I bow to ye nerfmod skills)

What if there are multible normal ones, what one do you suggest.

If you need to, use your parents computers to upload a pic, or use mine.

On a scale of 1-10 rate the following 1=POS (peice of shit) 10 (\/\/00+)

Range
firerate
accuracy
power
pain
feel
looks
ease of use
size
overall
We are opposite sides of the same coin. Nomatter how we face, we will never see eye to eye."

#9 ambushbug

ambushbug

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 04:28 PM

Wow, 12 shots! I had no idea.

Range AND high ammo load - I never guessed it could get better than the FS 1010 (pump ballgun).
Hopefully this will be available in my area.

If anyone manages to get some internal pics up, that would be great!

#10 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 06:52 PM

There you go again David. On Nerfhaven istead of doing work in German class on our new laptops. I thought that is what you were up to... Slacking off agian... Owell I cant complain, me and Craig are watching videos. (Gotta love that class dont we)
On the serious side... Actually. I don't love that class. Es ist schwuler und Frau Comer ist ein Zwitter. ;) I love learning German though.

From what you have explained to me, i want one. I can confirm that you got it at Gander mountain. I want to go there soon.

I am pretty glad that you didnot have it at my party, the longshot was nasty, but we incapacitated you by simply making you run out of ammo. With this, we would have been screwed. The longshot and this gun have the same number of shots (12, 2 6-shot clips, and I have more Longshotcompatible darts than I do Megas.)

The turret loads just like a firefly or mav correct? Megas though. That is the only thing stoping me from going out and getiing one- Low megga ammo count. Yep

Did they have any other (normal) Nerfish guns at GM? I mean by normal is not mega, or balls. If i get one can you take a crack at it? Nope, but the ball shotgun can be converted to fire darts.

Would you suggest me getting this or a longshot and leting you work on it for me (I bow to ye nerfmod skills) I would suggest you get this gun, because I seriously don't want to mod another longshot, but I think you'd like a Longshot better. Either way you'd need to have a good spring to add to it.

What if there are multible normal ones, what one do you suggest.

If you need to, use your parents computers to upload a pic, or use mine. I usually don't have access to my parents computer. Even then I couldn't figure out how to upload pics without photobucket, which my parents don't want to have an account on, I don't know why.

On a scale of 1-10 rate the following 1=POS (peice of shit) 10 (\/\/00+)

Range 8
firerate 8
accuracy 8
power 8
pain 8
feel 8
looks 8
ease of use 8
size 8
overall you guessed it, 8!

#11 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 08:40 AM

Is the front piece of the turret open or closed? What I mean is are you limited to a certain barrel length or could barrels be as long as you needed them?

#12 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:17 AM

What style plunger chamber is used on this gun?

How much extra space is there inside of the gun?

How well would injecting expanding foam into there work? (this would be for silencing down the noise purposes)

How do you reload the turrent? Mav style, FF style, or Tommy Gun style?

Edited by elf_avec_gun, 08 November 2006 - 09:23 AM.

"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#13 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 01:19 PM

I usually don't have access to my parents computer. Even then I couldn't figure out how to upload pics without photobucket, which my parents don't want to have an account on, I don't know why.

The account is not linked to your parents or their computer. You make an account in your name with your email and upload your pictures. Then you can delete the pictures and post them from your computer. If that does not work there are other alternatives like Putfile and Imageshack. Neither of which require an account.

Is your teacher really a hermaphrodite? :blink: :wacko: :huh: :blink: :lol:

Edited by RAMBO, 08 November 2006 - 01:23 PM.

#14 moubeus5018

moubeus5018

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 06:54 PM

Yeah German rocks, but Frau comer ist sehr doof. She is a stupid piece of shit. I agree. If we go to that diner place, it will be with a M-16 and a M-2o3.

I still cant belive the shit she pulled with the (we were useng the email during calss bull fuck) How the shit could we? Ask wetherholt, we didnt.

The longshot only has a 6. I say 6 cause it must be reloaded. Its like an M16. Its got a 30, not a 150. I dont know, the longshot seems, not my nerf style.

How do you rate the longshot in the same catagorys?

Ill sell you my megas If I have any.

I got a photobucket accaount. Get me pic and ill do it.

Survey for everyone. Other than me and David, who understands the

Es ist schwuler und Frau Comer ist ein Zwitter

Crack we did on our teacher without useing a translator?

Edited by moubeus5018, 09 November 2006 - 11:43 PM.

We are opposite sides of the same coin. Nomatter how we face, we will never see eye to eye."

#15 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 07:24 PM

I already asked whether or not your teacher was a hermaphrodite. The first part I am not too sure on but is it "it is shittier"?

#16 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 09:59 PM

Sam: It's closed. You're limited to the barrel length that it has unless you can find some way to secure the turret without the front piece. You can load about half the turret at a time.

Elf_avec_gun:
1. It's a REAL plunger tube, and not a stupid reverse plunger like in Mavs, CF's, Scouts, etc.
2. There's a fair amount of extra space in the stock, but that's about it.
3. It could work, but the gun would still be very loud.
4. Mav/FF style

RAMBO:
1. Paranoid parents = not being able to enter my e-mail address to sign up for anything. I don't have my own e-mail address (just theirs), so I'm screwed. It's a miracle that they let me regester in NerfHaven. I might be able to hijack mobeus's computer to upload some pics, but I wouldn't count on it. I have almost figured out how to post pics on my own personal webspace, but I'm still having problems.
2. Not really, I just wanted to see who knew what a Zwitter was. :D A better description for her would be "poster child for ADD", or just plain stupid. but she does look like a Zwitter in that picture.... :D
Es ist schwuler und Frau Comer ist ein Zwitter:
Translation: It is Gay and Miss Comer is a Hermaphrodite. Shittier would probably be some form of Sheissen (Shit).

Mobeus:
1. Weitherhot? it's wetherholt. :huh: and stupid is actually spelled "doof", I think. :P
2. I have 12 shots before I ran out of ammo completely, you know perfectly well what I meant. It's actually more than that now that I did the front gun integration mod. I can just pick up taggers off the ground when both my clips are out.
3. alternating 9's and 10's, it gets a 9.5-10 overall.
4. I can just buy some mega whistlers from one of the dozens of Nerf ammo order forms laying around my room. :)

#17 moubeus5018

moubeus5018

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 11:42 PM

In order. Yes if you can get over here with the gun i can get pictures up, ive got a photobucket account, and I got the awsomness of my cammera.
Two yeah i found it out. My bad Ill fix.
Three. She dont deserve to be a teacher if she cannot keep grades straigt.
Four. Yeah weve had this argument before, i just like nitpicking.
five. Yeah i dunno, ill probably stick with just a new firefly and see if it can be modded.
six. I counted i have none.
seven. So the longshot gets a slightly better overall no surprise.
eight. I love what you did with it. thats awsome
nine. Boy are you going to love what I did for you on the internet, lets just say, its something you deserved a loong time ago, but you are just nowe getting it. Ill call it an early Christmas preasent. :) :huh: :D
and ten. Fire our spies. Yes all of them. Elizabeth, Amber, Jealica, and all our other ones from 8th grade.

(youll understand that when you get your preasent and I explain)

Rambo.

Our teacher, Frau Mary Comer, who is teaching us through a web camera, is totally stupid, to peppy, screws up assignments, messed up our grades, cant keep her attemtion longer than 5 seconds, admits she is an idiot, and We are sick of her.

Zwitter she aint really but we insult her enough. This is german 1. We curse her out at least daily. The worst we can come up with at this time is zwitter, were trying to acquire new material as we speak though. Weell let you know what new insults we come up with.

Back to david.

How hard was it to modify? Did it take several attempts, or did it seem to just work. Is there anyway to make it even better than it is now?

Im done. Im out

Das ist Mobeus, Raus. sub-optimale.

Edited by moubeus5018, 13 November 2006 - 04:47 PM.

#18 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 09:36 PM

1. X-mas Present? I'll take that over PM, so this board can stay relatively on-topic

2. Frau Comer ist eine Bumsen Sheissen Schwuler Zwitter Hunden und so ist sie Eltern. That's the best insult I can currently come up with for Miss Comer.

3. It was fairly easy to modify once you get the damn thing open, and after you open the turret. I finished it in the first attempt. The only thing to make it better would be to brass it, and I've run out of brass.

4. Back to daivd? What the hell is daivd? :P

5. Let's stay on topic now. No more wasting time insulting Frau Comer, she's not worth it. :)

#19 moubeus5018

moubeus5018

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 04:47 PM

Ouch. Trash her much?? Ok ill stop.

When do you think I can get a hold of it for a testfire? Is there anyway to modify the barrels to fire normal darts instead of megas?

#20 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 06:59 PM

Ouch. Trash her much?? Ok ill stop.

When do you think I can get a hold of it for a testfire? Is there anyway to modify the barrels to fire normal darts instead of megas?

NEVER!! Just kidding. I have no idea when you'll be able to test fire it. We'll have to plan a party or something.

If you can afford the brass, I'll brass the barrels for you (if you get one), and then it'll fire regular darts.

Edited by AssassinNF, 13 November 2006 - 07:00 PM.

#21 funkyjake

funkyjake

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 03:07 PM

Fire our spies. Yes all of them. Elizabeth, Amber, Jealica, and all our other ones from 8th grade.

I'm unsusre of whether to burst into manic laughter or just be curious at this.

#22 moubeus5018

moubeus5018

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 07:33 PM

Yeah our "spies" that we had failed us :D (we are just now finding out 2 years latter). Yeah we had a certain some1 under watch by like 5 people. :ph34r: I say be curious and then start laughing. :lol:

#23 moubeus5018

moubeus5018

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 05:03 PM

:P As soon as possible, im going to get pictures and upload for Assasin, just havent had teh chance to get them yet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users