A.b.p

Actuated Breech Pistol

101 replies to this topic

#51 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 11:20 PM

I really like the new design of this gun. It looks real nice, yet it's such a simple design. I had thought about using LS clips for other guns, glad to see someone else thought of it and started building something. I really like the idea of the air pushing the plunger, making it truly semi auto. My friend always wanted to make a clipped semi auto gun. We came up with several ideas, but now I just have to show him this. Maybe we will be working on one of these over the summer.

#52 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 11:24 PM

Posted Image
Decided to change the stock to a folding type. Not that it's easier to make, I just like that this one turns into a forward handle when folded.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 26 April 2007 - 11:25 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#53 Commonly Hunted

Commonly Hunted

• Banned
  • 254 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 12:13 AM

Fucking Nice!

All you have to do is spin it forward, right? And does the end of the stock snap on to the barrel near the front? Looks like that is what you did.

And with the stock in the forward position it will look just like an MP5k.
QUOTE(Pineapple)

Next one who wants to be Michael Jackson, and save the world, gets a trip to Neverland.

Buy Boltsniper's guns!
Borrowed by FoamReaper of Boltsniper Forums.

#54 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 12:54 AM

1. Fucking Nice!

2. All you have to do is spin it forward, right? And does the end of the stock snap on to the barrel near the front? Looks like that is what you did.

3. And with the stock in the forward position it will look just like an MP5k.

1. Thanks
2. Correct, and it locks in the rear position thanks to some spring plungers.
3. Unless I were to shorten the stock the forward handle ends up ahead of the frame so it's not completely identical to the mp5k when folded. But I may remedy this by simply extending the frame forward to the tip of the barrel. Like so
Posted Image
Posted Image
The backside of the stock had to be at least 12 inches away from the backside of the grip in order to be useful.
Even with this stock added to the gun and folded forward there's still the option to add the other stock to the weapon since the first one mounts differently.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 27 April 2007 - 01:12 AM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#55 Shadow 92

Shadow 92

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 06:51 PM

Nice design, do you plan on making a full write-up once you're done?

If you have the choice between PETG and brass, I'd say go with PETG. Since it's lighter it should decrease the overall weight of the gun (albeit if only by a few grams) and require slightly less force to move the bolt.

#56 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 06:14 AM

Yes I plan to make a full write-up and the barrel will most likely be PETG since I have piles of the stuff and it's MUCH easier to adhere to other plastic parts.

#57 nerfsharpie6

nerfsharpie6

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 09:35 AM

Since assuming you have full-time access to a machine shop and all the possible tools imaginable, would you be able to mass produce just the gun and not the tank? Let everyone make their own tank. You could make a lot of money. Or is this just not a feasible idea and too time consuming on your part? Just a question not trying to start anything.
We hang our flags and banners of victory off of your dead bodies.

#58 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 03:52 PM

Wouldn't be terribly difficult to make these in sets of 10. But I'll have to see how much time it takes to make just one.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 29 April 2007 - 03:53 PM.

#59 Cennipe

Cennipe

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 05:01 PM

About how much would it cost to make/buy one?

Edit: Thanks for the quick response, and ok.

Edited by Cennipe, 29 April 2007 - 05:11 PM.

"Man, a being in search of meaning" Pluto

My user name is pronounced "eat shit." I know that losing is looked down apon in nerf, but, what ever.

#60 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 05:07 PM

About how much would it cost to make/buy one?

I'll have to figure that out once I get at least one made and working.

#61 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 06:36 PM

Just an idea, but you could use a magstrike pump as the plunger you need to construct, save ya some time and materials.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#62 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 08:00 PM

Just an idea, but you could use a magstrike pump as the plunger you need to construct, save ya some time and materials.

No need because I've designed the plunger around standard plastic tubing sizes that I can simply solvent weld together. And it has to a be a custom made part because it will need to be able to hold a strong spring.

#63 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 09:15 AM

True enough, guess I overlooked the spring part...
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#64 bored kid93

bored kid93

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 02:07 PM

Those designs are nothing short of amazing. How the hell do you come up with these designs. You should maybe work for Heckler and Koch, and design guns.
I'm going to pull out this line: "Speculation is a waste of time. Just wait and see what comes of this. If anything." - Captain Slug.
Captain Slug, I couldn't have said it better.

#65 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 03:58 PM

Those designs are nothing short of amazing. How the hell do you come up with these designs. You should maybe work for Heckler and Koch, and design guns.

Well there's a difference between designing nerf guns and real guns, so I wouldn't quite say that he should design real guns. Now Captainslug and Boltsniper in the same room and designing a real, production nerf gun for Hasbro, that would be a dream come true.
how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#66 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 11:11 PM

Real guns require far greater precision machining, metallurgy, and extremely expensive equipment. None of which I have access to or an interest in at present. I am interested in entering the Toy Design field, but for now will suffice with making my own stuff for kicks in my spare time.

How the hell do you come up with these designs.

Practical experience and an unhealthy obsession for flipping through industrial supply catalogs.

#67 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 12:37 AM

Now Captainslug and Boltsniper in the same room and designing a real, production nerf gun for Hasbro, that would be a dream come true.

Oh. Man.

Who wants to start the e-petition to Hasbro? :P

#68 bored kid93

bored kid93

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 04:43 PM

I know nerf guns and real guns are very different , but I mean Captain Slug's designs use concepts similar to ones I've seen in real guns. I have an unhealthy obsession for guns. :P I was also thinking of the foregrip as doubling as the cocking handle, I don't want to overcomplicate the design , I'm just giving some ideas. This is what I got the idea from: http://www.world.gun...smg/smg25-e.htm

Edited by bored_kid93, 19 May 2007 - 04:53 PM.

I'm going to pull out this line: "Speculation is a waste of time. Just wait and see what comes of this. If anything." - Captain Slug.

#69 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 04:58 PM

I know nerf guns and real guns are very different , but I mean Captain Slug's designs use concepts similar to ones I've seen in real guns. I have an unhealthy obsession for guns. :P I was also thinking of the foregrip as doubling as the cocking handle, I don't want to overcomplicate the design , I'm just giving some ideas. This is what I got the idea from: http://www.world.gun...smg/smg25-e.htm

Wrong. This puppy is semi-auto, so no need to cock it. That's what all the hype is about. A true semi-auto, made to accept Longshot mags.

#70 bored kid93

bored kid93

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 07:00 PM

I know nerf guns and real guns are very different , but I mean Captain Slug's designs use concepts similar to ones I've seen in real guns. I have an unhealthy obsession for guns. :) I was also thinking of the foregrip as doubling as the cocking handle, I don't want to overcomplicate the design , I'm just giving some ideas. This is what I got the idea from: http://www.world.gun...smg/smg25-e.htm

Wrong. This puppy is semi-auto, so no need to cock it. That's what all the hype is about. A true semi-auto, made to accept Longshot mags.

I never said it should be full automatic, and even semi-automatic guns have to be cocked once to make the first shot possible.

#71 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 07:11 PM

I know nerf guns and real guns are very different , but I mean Captain Slug's designs use concepts similar to ones I've seen in real guns. I have an unhealthy obsession for guns. :) I was also thinking of the foregrip as doubling as the cocking handle, I don't want to overcomplicate the design , I'm just giving some ideas. This is what I got the idea from: http://www.world.gun...smg/smg25-e.htm

I never said it should be full automatic, and even semi-automatic guns have to be cocked once to make the first shot possible.

With the A.B.P. CS said you hold the trigger to reload, and release when the mag is in place. No cocking at all, as the air system does the job for you. No mechanical actuation for the semi auto system, like with pistols or rifles.

#72 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:13 PM

It's meant to be hooked up to a high capacity air supply of some kind. Athough the current configuration could be adapted into a pneumatic gun that includes a pump. And potential even a spring plunger setup if I were to bother thinking that out.
The goal of the new design is to combine the features of my Longshot and Titan into a single effective platform. I'm currently annoyed with the mechanical design flaws in the Longshot that makes it so difficult to modify in a durable manner.

#73 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:38 PM

I'm still a little confused on how the valve works... Could you somewhat explain it a little differently, or perhaps show a step-by-step of air flow? I'm still thinking it's the same setup as the original design...

#74 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 02:04 AM

I'll make a diagram Wednesday night. It does work the same as the previous revision, I just don't have to make the valve from scratch and the air cylinder actuates in the opposite direction to make the whole gun easiest to machine.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 23 May 2007 - 02:05 AM.

#75 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 11:03 AM

I have a whole box full of parts that I will be returning to mcmaster and with the credit from that I will start sourcing parts and materials for this project. None of my previous homemade designs have made it out of the conceptual stage but I'm hoping to get most of the machining on this design done before June 25th. I've greatly simplified the mechanics of the original concept and allowed for minute adjustments in the breech mechanism that should help to prevent any potential road blocks.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 27 May 2007 - 09:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users