You help pick the winner

18 replies to this topic

#1 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

Vote for your favorite entry in the 2013 New Releases Mod Contest!

Here is the submission thread if you want photos, and below is a complete list if you don't.

ilikefish508's Firestrike Rifle Copout
snakerbot's Diatron (lock removal, spring retensioning, ergonomic improvemens)
481IceDragon's Strongarm (barrel, drop lock removal)
481IceDragon's Roughcut clip mod
CRCL's Firestrike with swappable clips
CRCL's Rayven/Elite Fixes
Urbanlso's Firestrike (fires glow-in-the-dark darts)
Coop's Stryfe/Rayven/Strongarm integration
Helljumper's Strongarm Clip Mod
Frofessional Nerf's Singled Triad
Duke WinterMaul's Stryfe
Duke Wintermaul's Elite Alpha Trooper
A side of nerf's Roughcut/Roughcut '4x4' integration
Griever's Singled Roughcut
Jeo's Elite Alpha Trooper (spring and 'supporting mods')

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#2 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:03 AM

None of the above is the obvious winner.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#3 Birch

Birch

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:11 AM

None of the above is the obvious winner.

I have to agree with TED. None of the mods are really creative, nice to look at, or all that practical in a war. And I might sound like a butt here, but I think Coop's got some serious bias.

Edited by Birch, 18 June 2013 - 06:14 AM.

It's like a Hurricane ate a Tornado and shat out a Monsoon!!

#4 DudeRadster

DudeRadster

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:16 AM

I have to agree with TED. None of the mods are really creative, nice to look at, or all that practical in a war. And I might sound like a butt here, but I think Coop's got some serious bias.

I'm not saying that any of these mods are the winners or better than other mods here on the Haven, but as far as practical in a war, there's Duke Wintermaul's Stryfe, and if you want nice to look at, that singled Triad Luger is pretty badass. It reminds me of that Broomhandle Mauser someone made from a NightFinder a long time ago. I think they're both pretty creative.

I'd agree with you about Coop though...
Only YOU can prevent preserve Wildfires.

#5 Exo

Exo

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:56 AM

The thing is, THESE AREN'T WAR BLASTERS! They're modified blasters, and usually that means that only things like breached or speedloadered Firestrikes or for the odd ammo selection, a vortex blaster. While some of these things might pass in an HVZ game, and might certainly do amazingly well in a Church war (impress your frenemies!), none of these are really built up for a war. The only one that passes that test would be the Firestrike rifle. But, that's already been done to death with nitefinders, so it's not really original. Plus, I think NFs have better handles than FSs. I voted for the Diatron because it was the only Diatron anyone's ever done, so it gets a little credit there. DWM's stryfe is so overbuilt (even if all the stuff in it's been done already) that it also deserves a bit of credit. As for whoever else I voted for, I felt their stuff was just unique enough to warrant a little credit.

#6 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

The thing is, THESE AREN'T WAR BLASTERS! They're modified blasters, and usually that means that only things like breached or speedloadered Firestrikes or for the odd ammo selection, a vortex blaster. While some of these things might pass in an HVZ game, and might certainly do amazingly well in a Church war (impress your frenemies!), none of these are really built up for a war.

The parameters of the contest was to take a new Nerf 2013 product and soup it up.

Sorry we couldn't build a +bow with swappable inline clips.

#7 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:02 PM

Can we just pencil in Hero's 4B in a Rampage shell?

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#8 2TAGS

2TAGS

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:14 PM

People no one is forcing anyone to vote .
All mods are mods whether its cosmetic, or performance.

Underbarrel blaster attachments are pointless to me , however may be useful to another

Edit ... That is not only modded diatron to date . I posted mine months back in the mods/p.j. Thread. Just saying

Edited by 2TAGS, 20 June 2013 - 08:41 PM.

#9 Exo

Exo

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

The parameters of the contest was to take a new Nerf 2013 product and soup it up.

Woah, no need to get butthurt. I was just responding to "Not practical in a war" with, "Well, they're just moddeds, and most wars are dominated with homemades."

#10 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:50 PM

You would have won if you had just stuck homemade internals into a 2013 shell. Good job missing the point of the contest.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#11 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:05 PM

Submissions will be judged on the following qualities:

• Performance increase. How much does the modification increase the performance of the blaster? How effective would the blaster be in EITHER an NIC nerf war using homemade stefan darts OR a war requiring the use of stock nerf darts (such as the HvZ games frequently played on college campuses). Has the range, rate of fire, comfort and/or durability of the blaster been improved? Have any of these qualities been hampered by the mod? Worth 40%
  • Write-up Quality. Are the instructions clear and easy to follow? Could a new nerfer understand them? Are they well-written and free of spelling and grammar errors? Are the accompanying photos clear and comprehensive? Worth 50%
  • Aesthetics. Does the mod make the blaster look ridiculous? Does the mod look slap-dash or half-assed? Purely cosmetic improvements will not earn you many points, but you can loose points if your mod makes the gun look like crap. Worth 10%

Rules
  • The write-up must be reproducible. All parts and materials must be widely available and tools used must be common to most nerfers.
  • The write-up must be easily understood by new nerfers. Do not assume that the reader knows what you're talking about. Your writing must be accessible to people who are new to this site.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#12 481IceDragon

481IceDragon

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

The thing is, THESE AREN'T WAR BLASTERS! They're modified blasters, and usually that means that only things like breached or speedloadered Firestrikes or for the odd ammo selection, a vortex blaster. While some of these things might pass in an HVZ game, and might certainly do amazingly well in a Church war (impress your frenemies!), none of these are really built up for a war. The only one that passes that test would be the Firestrike rifle. But, that's already been done to death with nitefinders, so it's not really original. Plus, I think NFs have better handles than FSs. I voted for the Diatron because it was the only Diatron anyone's ever done, so it gets a little credit there. DWM's stryfe is so overbuilt (even if all the stuff in it's been done already) that it also deserves a bit of credit. As for whoever else I voted for, I felt their stuff was just unique enough to warrant a little credit.

Exo, eat a snickers, you a get a little overly critical when your hungry.

#13 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:03 PM

Exo, eat a snickers, you a get a little overly critical when your hungry.

Nooooooo! Leave Mike alone!
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#14 snickers

snickers

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:05 PM

Nooooooo! Leave Mike alone!

Yea guys, what's wrong with a milkyway, three musketeers, or a twix?

I am going to pencil in hero's 4b in a rampage shell.

#15 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:10 PM

I am going to pencil in hero's 4b in a rampage shell.

^ This is my vote as well.

Posted Image

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)
NYC Nerf Ops - Nerf in New York City itself
NJ Nerf Ops - Nerf in New Jersey
CT Nerf Ops - Nerf in Connecticut

UNO also has a Discord server, DM me on Discord to join (@vincentdrake)

-----------------------------------------------
My other groups:
Nerf Thrifters - A group for posting thrifts and other second-hand finds

#16 CRCL

CRCL

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:05 AM

As 'new nerfers' were mentioned several times in the brief I got the impression this contest was aimed more at producing guides for people new to nerf. A +bow/Snap/What-have-you in a rampage shell is gonna diddle all of these mods, but I doubt a new nerfer will have even half the skills necessary to produce one.

To me the aim of the contest was:
"Make mod guides that improve the elite blasters as much as possible, but are easy for new nerfers to follow and execute."

Though I could have misinterpreted it.

#17 Jeo

Jeo

Red Team: HooRah!

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:20 AM

To me the aim of the contest was:
"Make mod guides that improve the elite blasters as much as possible, but are easy for new nerfers to follow and execute."

That's how I read it.

#18 ProfessionalNerf

ProfessionalNerf

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:29 PM

Not to be that guy but my name is Professional Nerf with a P not an F.

#19 HasreadCoC

HasreadCoC

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:21 AM

Not to be that guy but my name is Professional Nerf with a P not an F.

I noticed as well, but I wasn't sure if I should mention it, since seemingly no one else noticed.

I'm the only respectable person here. The rest of the NIC are pretty much just child molesters.

AKA: ObiWonTwo on Nerfrevolution, and most of the rest of the internet for that matter.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users