2002 Shorefield Road
Wheaton, MD 20902
Wheaton is about 10 minutes outside Washington, DC, and about 30 minutes south of Baltimore.
The Shorefield area is the place with all of the picnic tables, the massive playground, and the famous train ride. It's walking distance from the Glenmont Metro station, and there are a lot of places to get food around as well. Even if the playground area is packed with kids, there should be plenty of areas for us to nerf.
April 3rd, 2010
10 AM 'til sundown.
I'll try to get a picnic table reserved ASAP.
- No singled Titans, SM5Ks, Ultimators, XXL Bazookas, Jobars, or Cobras.
- No singled and plugged 4Bs, LBBs, SGSLs, Nat Geo guns, Roto Rockets, etc.
- No homemade air blasters or homemade air tanks.
- No exposed brass or aluminum barrels.
^^^ These are very important, as they are all for the safety of the players. Also if I feel anything else is a safety issue, I reserve the right to disallow it.
- Bring at least one "primary" and one sping-powered pistol. You might want to bring back-ups in the event something breaks.
- There may be some crazy rules in effect for several rounds, so bring some out-of-the-ordinary blasters if you can. Ballguns, stock missiles, arrows, megas, whatever.
- Barrel taps only count if the blaster is primed and loaded. Melee weapons count as barrel taps.
- Manta Ray shields (stock or fabricated), Crossfire shields, and Laser Fang wings count as shields. (Also if you can prove that Nerf intended for any other product to be used as a shield, it will be allowed as a shield.) Anything else will be counted as a hit. Blaster hits count as hits as well.
- Don't even bother showing up wearing camouflage and wielding blasters painted all black. You will be promptly asked to leave.
- Don't be a dick. Keep profanity to an absolute minimum, and throw your trash out. Really, just use common sense. Anyone showing signs of dickery will be promptly asked to leave.
- There are plenty of places to get food and drink within walking distance of the park, and there are a few vending machines here and there, so a bag lunch is recommended but not essential.
This post has been edited by dizzyduck: 23 March 2010 - 01:05 PM