"2009 Dew Tour"

Dart tag championship thing.

63 replies to this topic

#51 LiterSize

LiterSize

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:05 PM

Unlimited respawns, all we had to do was go back to the penalty box for 10 seconds before jumping back in. As for round length, each scrimmage was 5 mins. long. I can't speak for the tourney rounds though, was anyone in the actual bracket?

#52 durka durka

durka durka

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:38 AM

Were there any other blasters used besides the fury fire?
The arena looks interesting, but small (especially for modded guns).
"The warrior who cultivates his mind polishes his arms"

#53 LiterSize

LiterSize

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:47 AM

Nope, it was all furyfire, all the time. No looks at the Stormfires, either.

Final video of the footage - scrimmages!

#54 nerfdude123

nerfdude123

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:56 AM

No looks at the Stormfires, either.

Whats a Stormfire?

Anyway, sounds like you guys had a blast!
I liked how you called me big meany head. I'll use that one next time Vacc calls me a faggot.

~ Talio

#55 LiterSize

LiterSize

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:34 AM

These are the stormfires:
Posted Image

#56 nerfdude123

nerfdude123

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:27 AM

Oh, I had seen those pictures, just didn't know they were called storm fires.
I liked how you called me big meany head. I'll use that one next time Vacc calls me a faggot.

~ Talio

#57 flush

flush

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:44 PM

Wait, so could you score multiple times within a round? In the neighborhood games i play, once the flag is captured the game is over.
"CAUTION: this product containts lead, a chemical known to cause cancer in the state of California". Of course, you may not live in California, in which case you're safe. Because obviously from the warning you can conclude that lead knows better than to start shit with someone from NJ-Langley

#58 LiterSize

LiterSize

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:14 PM

Yeah, as many hits/flag captures as you can manage in a 5 mins. time limit. No stopping time between captures either, so you had to reset quickly.

#59 legacy179

legacy179

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 09:27 PM

The whole whistle blowing and telling you "You're out." takes away from the whole scrimmage idea for me. I wouldn't like some guy in a striped shirt yelling at me and blowing the whistle every time I was hit.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

#60 father time

father time

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 11:30 PM

I am pretty surprised at how there arent many places to play and that there isnt one in C.A.

In Cincinnat we sometimes use laser tag arenas but we have a large nuber of players in our club , so it doesn't cost but a few dollars each.
Ask her if she wants you to give her a multiple orgasm.
And when she looks stunned show her a picture of the blaster.
But if she gets excited. You're in.
-Miguel Ramos
Time is the one thing you can never escape.-Father Time

#61 flush

flush

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:23 PM

The whole whistle blowing and telling you "You're out." takes away from the whole scrimmage idea for me. I wouldn't like some guy in a striped shirt yelling at me and blowing the whistle every time I was hit.

I think that that might actually help the game. With all the complaints about goobers, im surprised that that is a complaint. A referee i think would help prevent the cheating aspect. It might be a tad irritating, but i think that the fact the game might be a little more fair would make up for it
"CAUTION: this product containts lead, a chemical known to cause cancer in the state of California". Of course, you may not live in California, in which case you're safe. Because obviously from the warning you can conclude that lead knows better than to start shit with someone from NJ-Langley

#62 LiterSize

LiterSize

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:55 PM

Just a heads up:

http://www.hasbro.com/nerf/ndtl/

The official Hasbro video from Chicago is now live on the Hasbro website. Next month will be the results from Boston.

#63 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 07:14 PM

i was at the dew tour in boston the other day

didnt check out the dart tag cuz it looked gay but i did pick up a free wendy's burger

oh yeah and some douchebags made me take 3 of my wheels off

Edited by King Of Butt Land, 01 August 2009 - 07:19 PM.

QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#64 bookybabora

bookybabora

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 09:15 PM

i was at the dew tour in boston the other day

didnt check out the dart tag cuz it looked gay but i did pick up a free wendy's burger

oh yeah and some douchebags made me take 3 of my wheels off

...It was actually fun not "gay." *cough* jerk *cough* I should go get some water.
I still think they need to make some sort of "Pro" version of the Furyfires, if a dart pops out and you're playing for 25k I would be pretty pissed off.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users