March Meltdown

136 replies to this topic

#1 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:13 PM

So the 2009 Nerf season is upon us and we're gonna start it off right. This is the first of our "Mag 7" wars being hosted and I don't think you're going to be disappointed. Our goal here is to see that everyone has a good time, kicks some ass and shakes off that rust you've gathered over the winter.

So here's the details:

When: First Saturday in March. If a large number of people can't make it that day we'll push it back a week. Also being as we're supposed to have a pretty vicious winter, if the weather isn't cooperating, we'll also delay it a week. But for now, mark March 7th as the official opening of the East Coast Nerf Season.

Where: Millcreek Park.

You can use:
Riverbank Dr
Pine Beach, NJ 08741 (In Google Maps)

MapQuest doesn't have a good address to use.

These instructions that we've used at every other Mill Creek war have worked well up until now:

Directions: From the Garden State Parkway Southbound:

* Take Exit 80 towards Route 9 and Beachwood.
* On the exit ramp, stay to the right, and you will be on Route 9.
* After getting off the ramp, you will drive back under the Parkway and bear to the right.
* Follow RT. 9 until you reach a 3 way intersection with Route 166, bear right as you go through the yield to stay on Rt. 9
* Follow Rt. 9 for a few miles, until you reach a traffic light at Ocean Gate Drive.
* Take the jug handle to make a left onto Ocean Gate Drive.
* After 100 feet, make a left onto Mill Creek Road.
* Follow Mill Creek Road to the end, where it will intersect Chelsea Ave
* Turn Left onto Chelsea, and the Park is a couple hundred feet ahead on your right.

Thanks for the directions Tyler!

Rules:

Standard Mag 7 rules apply to this. If anyone's unsure about those, see the Mag 7 thread. These rules will not be negotiable. If you have a gun such as the BBBB or Signal Launcher and I suspect that you've got it plugged, I'm going to test it by pumping it like 20 times. So don't cheat. PM me about specific cases where you might be concerned. Don't post it in this thread.

And now what I'm really excited for this war. The exhibition round.

ZOMBIE REVENGE!

1. Standard two team 3:15 pistol round with stock weapons aloud.
2. Victory is claimed by eliminating the opposite team.
3. Once a player has been hit for the 3rd time, he dies, goes to the graveyard (wood chip area behind the staging area), puts down his guns and goes after the first person he sees as a zombie.
4. Zombies cannot attack with bias. They must attack the first person they see regardless of who they are or what team they're on.
5. Zombies kill by tagging. Once tagged by a zombie the player takes a normal hit.
6. To kill a zombie you must shoot him.
7. Tapping does not affect zombies.
8. When a zombie dies, he goes back to the graveyard, counts to 15 and respawns.
9. Last team standing, wins.

Let me go ahead and throw up a couple of FAQ's I already have about this round:

1. Can I use my Titan? I know it has like six peices of brass sticking out, but I'll shoot the regular missle!

No, stock means stock. You took it out of the box and you did nothing to it. The only thing I'll budge on this is if you took those stupid loser feet off the Longshot. And I suggest you guys get a few stock guns with a high rate of fire...May come in handy when 12 zombies are running after you.

2. Why can't you tap zombies?

Because then they won't be able to get you. They have to physically run up and touch you with their hand. If you could do the same thing, it wouldn't really be fair would it?

3. Won't zombies win everytime?

No. Zombies can't win. The game is a standard elimination round, only now instead of sitting around waiting for the next round to start, you get to be a zombie. Let me break it down even further. Team A is shooting at Team B. All but one player remains on both teams. Zombies kill the Team A player. Team B wins be default. Zombies aren't competing, they're killing for the sake of it.

4. What do you mean by bias?

So you're a zombie and you see your friend. You don't go after him because he's your friend. Or you see your old team and you don't go after them because they were on your team. This is bias and the whole thing won't work if you do it. The first person you see, you go after. Just like a zombie. You kill without any regard.

So there you have it. We're gonna try something different and see how it works. Send any other suggestions to my PM box. So lets put all the bullshit from the last thread aside and just show up and have a good fucking time.

See you guys there,

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#2 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:49 PM

I am in.
QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#3 Skitzo

Skitzo

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:44 PM

Can't wait, I'll see how many friends I can get to tag along, this may be the first war many of them go to.

pistol round with stock weapons aloud.

Does this mean modded pistols and stock weapons? or stock everything? if everything is stock I'm assuming no stefans?
Regardless, it sounds like an awesome variant for which I might have to buy a longshot.
Maybe I'll even make it there without getting lost this time.

Address?

Skitzo-

Edited by Skitzo, 09 January 2009 - 10:48 PM.

If soldiers were to begin to think, not one of them would remain in the army.- Frederick The Great

#4 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:56 PM

You can bet your pasty white asses that I'll be there. I'll be dragging Slug along with me, more than likely.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#5 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:12 PM

Yes modded pistols. And yes, stock weapons need to fire stock darts.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#6 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 04:00 AM

Address?

The typed directions there are good, but the "where" doesn't work very well in Google Maps. Try this, I'm 90% certain it's the closest Google Map-able address. Not sure how it would work on Mapquest, though.

Not sure yet if I'll be there, depends largely on school and work ( to a lesser extent ).

#7 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:38 AM

Dunno what my work schedule will be. Count me in for now, but I'll know for sure closer to the war.
I hate you.

#8 zach attack

zach attack

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:45 AM

I'm a definite.

Edited by zach attack, 10 January 2009 - 10:46 AM.

#9 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:16 AM

I shouldn't have trouble coming. I do however, have a question regarding the Zombies game. Is a Recon considered a primary or pistol?

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#10 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:28 AM

I shouldn't have trouble coming. I do however, have a question regarding the Zombies game. Is a Recon considered a primary or pistol?

I got me a question too. You have to use a stock primary, eg, an LS with the bipod cut off, and a modded pistol?
So stock guns and modded pistols?
What extent of modification can be done to the pistol?
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#11 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 05:22 PM

I am free on that date, so put me in as a maybe. I'll be a definite if I can secure a carpool.

EDIT: Thanks to Skitzo, I am now a definite!

Edited by DX, 10 January 2009 - 07:23 PM.

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)
NYC Nerf Ops - Nerf in New York City itself
NJ Nerf Ops - Nerf in New Jersey
CT Nerf Ops - Nerf in Connecticut

UNO also has a Discord server, DM me on Discord to join (@vincentdrake)

-----------------------------------------------
My other groups:
Nerf Thrifters - A group for posting thrifts and other second-hand finds

#12 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:33 PM

I am fucking pumped! WWWWOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Ass whoopings will be handed out in an orderly manner and on a first come first serve basis so please be sure to show up well ahead of time as the line may get quite long and I'll probably be very late.

#13 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:37 PM

Put me as a maybe.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#14 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:32 PM

I am a definite, as if you would have thought otherwise.

I'm looking forward to the exhibition round, though I will, thanks to the fucked up knee, probably be moving more like a real zombie and not running people down.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#15 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:52 PM

I would love go to this awesome war, but I live in Canada, and I don't think anyone is going to be driving 8hrs.
BUT I love the rules of the exhibition round
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#16 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 11:25 AM

Alright, well modified pistols are modified pistols. That's LNL's, NF's and the like. If you dropped a 2k into your nitefinder, you know it's not going to count. Please don't try to bend the rules people.

Talio.

#17 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 11:50 AM

I would love go to this awesome war, but I live in Canada, and I don't think anyone is going to be driving 8hrs. BUT I love the rules of the exhibition round

Fuck off. I'm driving between 7-8 hours to be there. And paying for a hotel room while I'm at it.

I'll also be bringing NERFSTRONG wristbands to the war incase anyone was interested in purchasing them. They will be sold for $5.00 each.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#18 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 12:58 PM

Also, I need to add something. When this thread turns to reactions of this war, do not post any cons. If you're interested on why this is, I've written an article about it that's posted on the LGLF website. This is not negotiable. If there's something you don't like at this war, host your own and change it. I will come.

Talio.

#19 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:14 PM

Put me down as a maybe. It'll depend on how my senior project is going.

You can use:
Riverbank Dr
Pine Beach, NJ 08741 (In Google Maps)

MapQuest doesn't have a good address to use.

These instructions that we've used at every other Mill Creek war have worked well up until now:

Directions: From the Garden State Parkway Southbound:

* Take Exit 80 towards Route 9 and Beachwood.
* On the exit ramp, stay to the right, and you will be on Route 9.
* After getting off the ramp, you will drive back under the Parkway and bear to the right.
* Follow RT. 9 until you reach a 3 way intersection with Route 166, bear right as you go through the yield to stay on Rt. 9
* Follow Rt. 9 for a few miles, until you reach a traffic light at Ocean Gate Drive.
* Take the jug handle to make a left onto Ocean Gate Drive.
* After 100 feet, make a left onto Mill Creek Road.
* Follow Mill Creek Road to the end, where it will intersect Chelsea Ave
* Turn Left onto Chelsea, and the Park is a couple hundred feet ahead on your right.
+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#20 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:39 PM

You wrote?
This sounds pretty cool. Are we talking fast zombies or slow zombies?

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#21 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:42 PM

KevinFunny, FERD, BustaDartInYOurAss, and I are in.

#22 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:13 PM

Oh shit...I guess I didn't write it. My bad. Phil wrote it.

Edit: Wait I did write something about this:

Now don’t get me wrong. I’m not completely excited about everything that’s happened. The fact that people are posting “con” sections to nerf war reactions makes me sick. You should be fucking glad that you got to nerf. Barring any terrible disaster, you have no place to say anything was wrong with a war that you didn’t help run and that people took time out of their busy schedules to make happen. I heard people bitching about how long it took to make teams at Apoc. NO SHIT! Of course it takes a long time. You have any idea how hard it is to get 60 teenagers to stay organized enough to make sure teams are even? Try it sometime and if you can do it perfectly, you have a right to bitch. If not, shut the fuck up and wait.

But Phil's article is quite valid as well.

#23 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:34 PM

I guess everybody feels differently about the wrap-ups, and a war organizer has every right to ask people to refrain from a certain behavior in his war threads (even if he is not a moderator).

Personally I enjoy seeing the cons posted after my wars. There's always something that can be improved upon and I want to hear what people think those things are. Perhaps you would not mind a "suggestions" portion of the wrap-up instead, Viking. Than people can "suggest" what should suck less next time.

VACC
~Problem Solved~

#24 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:48 PM

I don't mind some criticism, I just think it has become an expectation that you post something that you didn't like about the war. Mostly I don't like seeing a Nerf War boiled down to some lousy bulleted list. Reaction threads used to be a place where we would have actual conversations. With this pros/cons crap it's like everyone is supposed to take turns being opinionated in meaningless bullet lists, and then they're done. It's sort of like if you were going out on a first date, and you ask you date, "These are my likes and dislikes! What are yours?", and then ask for the check. You're not going to get any meaningful answers, and you look like a douche.

Anyway, I can't see why I wouldn't be coming to this one, I live 20 minutes away.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#25 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:59 PM

After this, I'll stay out of the planning thread, but I'd like to throw out what SCUN has attempted to adopt recently. Instead of posting "Pros and Cons" in recap threads in our So Cal forum, we simply post "Highlights". Occasionally, a con for the sake of comic relief can creep in such as my having to leave the last war I hosted halfway through the day to play a gig and then come back for the night portion, but other than that, we do what we can to restrict recap to "Highlights". Using "Pros" suggests that there will be a "Cons" portion, but "Highlights" tend to stand alone.

Oh, and Talio, you've been PM'ed.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users