Maxshot Modification

A Z4 Project

4 replies to this topic

#1 Z4

Z4

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 01:38 PM

I was looking through the Mod directory to see if I could contribute anything. I realized that there were only brass barrel Maxshots, so decided to do a writeup for a CPVC one. My main aim was to create a modification that was much easier and less expensive than other alternatives.

Materials
8” of CPVC
½” CPVC coupler
Tools
Pipe cutters
Screwdriver

Time: 15 minutes
Posted Image
Step 1
Open your Maxshot. There is one screw beneath the orange/blue cap, pop it off to remove it.
Posted Image
Step 2
Remove the orange “missile” barrel. I dremeled mine off without opening it, but opened it just to show an internal pic (the barrel is not shown because I threw it away months ago.)
Step 3
Cut the white barrel down to about ½”. Then put a CPVC coupler over it. The stock barrel and CPVC have almost exactly similar IDs and Ods. The coupler should fit perfectly without and sanding or electrical tape. You may need to glue the coupler on but I found it stayed on fine. I may goop it on eventually for extra security.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Step 4
Cut about 8” of CPVC and put it into the coupler
Posted Image

You now have a well modified Lanard Maxshot
Ranges: Ranges were measured flat using 2” CaptainSlug style stefans. I took ten shots against a 100’ tape measure. Average was 83’ 6”. Highest shot was around 85’ and lowest was about 78’. Not exactly stellar results, or the 100+’ reported by Cxwq and Shadow Hunter Alpha, but excellent considering the modification cost maybe 45 cents and took 15 minutes. This concludes the Maxshot modification.

Thanks goes to the administrative staff of Nerfhaven for my (very rapid) validation. I had heard stories of 2-3 months, but got through in 6 days. I am truly appreciative.

Questions, comments?

Edited by .Z4., 10 August 2008 - 01:39 PM.

Z4 of the NIC
"We are here to have fun with the toys we love in a civilized and friendly manner."- Talio

#2 Soothsayer

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 01:53 PM

I have a gun similar to this, do you have to pull the lever back all the way to prime the gun, or can you just go however far you want and shoot for different distances?

yeah I'm that guy who made that cool thing with the cool paint.

#3 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 02:47 PM

I have a gun similar to this, do you have to pull the lever back all the way to prime the gun, or can you just go however far you want and shoot for different distances?

You probably have the first shot... Or a different color variation of the maxshot. You can pull it back for different levels of power.

#4 trogdor65

trogdor65

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 03:19 PM

Very nice, clean and simple. I like it.

#5 Z4

Z4

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 04:04 PM

Soothsayer: What color is the gun? The Maxshot came in two color schemes, the one you see here and a red/black/blue one. It might also be the Mattel Maximizer, it looks and functions similarly but is rare. It's mostly orange with blue and green and (pink?). Either way you probably have a pretty good gun.

Trogdor65: Thanks!
Z4 of the NIC
"We are here to have fun with the toys we love in a civilized and friendly manner."- Talio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users