8” of CPVC
½” CPVC coupler
Time: 15 minutes
Open your Maxshot. There is one screw beneath the orange/blue cap, pop it off to remove it.
Remove the orange “missile” barrel. I dremeled mine off without opening it, but opened it just to show an internal pic (the barrel is not shown because I threw it away months ago.)
Cut the white barrel down to about ½”. Then put a CPVC coupler over it. The stock barrel and CPVC have almost exactly similar IDs and Ods. The coupler should fit perfectly without and sanding or electrical tape. You may need to glue the coupler on but I found it stayed on fine. I may goop it on eventually for extra security.
Cut about 8” of CPVC and put it into the coupler
You now have a well modified Lanard Maxshot
Ranges: Ranges were measured flat using 2” CaptainSlug style stefans. I took ten shots against a 100’ tape measure. Average was 83’ 6”. Highest shot was around 85’ and lowest was about 78’. Not exactly stellar results, or the 100+’ reported by Cxwq and Shadow Hunter Alpha, but excellent considering the modification cost maybe 45 cents and took 15 minutes. This concludes the Maxshot modification.
Thanks goes to the administrative staff of Nerfhaven for my (very rapid) validation. I had heard stories of 2-3 months, but got through in 6 days. I am truly appreciative.
Edited by .Z4., 10 August 2008 - 01:39 PM.