226 replies to this topic

#1 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 10:44 AM

Posted Image

Looks like this is long overdue. Cranky is in Pennsylvania so I'll be hosting this one.

With NJNO and PCNO both in back-to-back weekends in April, I would suggest having this in early to mid May. Logistically, everything will be same as last time in terms of rules, location, timing, etc. I will update this as regularly as possible. Here's the rundown:

The What: Summer DCNO
The Who: See "Roster" below
The When: Saturday, May 24th
The Where: "The Labyrinth" 451 Beall Ave, Rockville, MD 20850
The How: See "Rules" below
Starting: 10am, on the dot
Ending: 6pm, play it by ear
Lunch: Bag lunch preferred

Roster:
Definite: 25-28
+Groove
+CaptainSlug
+lionhead333 (+1)
+NerfMonkey
+One Man Clan
+imaseoulman (+1)
+badger
+Crankymonky
+Squishy (+3)
+Ryan201821
+ThatWasRandom
+karpenter63 (+4)
+Ompa
+TitanKid
+bpso86 (+2)
+Twitch
+Galaxy613

Rules:
+Eye protection is MANDATORY. No eye protection = no play. I really can't stress this enough.
+Dress appropriately for the weather. No trench coats or camouflage. Be smart about this.
+If you're opposed to a bag lunch and have a car, feel free to drive and get lunch elsewhere.
+Bring PLENTY of drinks and sunscreen, as the heat can (and probably will be) brutal at times.
+Homemades will be permitted on a case-by-case basis. Leave your PVC Howitzer at home, please.
+Banned blasters: Brassed SM5K's, singled Titans. I reserve the right to ban things I feel are too powerful.

-----------------

Let's start ironing out dates to see what will garner the largest attendance possible. You know the drill...I'll list the weekends in May, you all tell me what works. I want this to be a warm-up for the Summer Nerf scene.

+May 3rd
+May 10th
+May 17th
+May 24th

As of right now, the 10th or 17th is looking promising for me. The 3rd is a little bit sketchy due to final exams and what-not. Let's get the ball rolling on this one! I want a solid attendance roster for this one. Start checking your calendars and post here.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#2 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 11:23 AM

I'm a definite maybe for each date. The best one would probably be the 17th. I can definitely show up for half the day, the rest of the day will be questionable.

#3 sourskttles772

sourskttles772

• Banned
  • 263 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 11:32 AM

Sweet. Iv'e been waiting for this thread for quite a while now. Count me in + 1
http://nerfon.smffor...3.com/index.php
One man Clan:
I saw the Crossbow re-release on the shelf at my local Target, but I didn't want to tell anyone because I wanted them all to myself. I hid them all behind Dora the Explorer toys....
[/quote]

#4 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 11:40 AM

I have important business to attend to on May 3rd. The other dates should be fine.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 30 March 2008 - 11:40 AM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#5 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 12:28 PM

What? Did someone say "Summer DCNO"? I thought I got stiffer for some reason. Um yeah, I'd like to be there. *hint* I put like in italics *hint*

Um, those are some pretty crunching dates for me really since I'm still in high school and I might not be able to skip many days to take off for it since I have skipped too many as is. The 3rd and 10th would be pressuring me in taking a few days off school to be there. And the 17th is my b-day and I've got many options on what to do. I'd love to have a huge balls-out party for the big one eight at home, and then there's Rock on the Range in Columbus Ohio which is a 2 day concert, 30 plus bands, that I don't think that I could live through right now. And to drive to Maryland, that's a long ass drive. I've got 500 miles. I'll have to think about it, but I'll let Sinfil know as well. He doesn't Nerf now but he said he wouldn't mind going with me to a big war or 2. Which if you ask me is cool; it's all I do now anywho.

Other than that my plate is pretty hefted up with stuff. I've got graduation in June and a possibilty in a huge job. I might be starting an internship with a Piping and Structural Steel firm, Aker Kvaerner (sp?). So yeah, my life plan would have to come first in this case, but throw my name up on the maybes list.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#6 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 01:15 PM

And to drive to Maryland, that's a long ass drive. I've got 500 miles.

500 miles? What part of WV are you in? Anyway, so school gets out at like, what 2:00 PM? Just leave straight from school and arrive in Rockville between ten and midnight. Have the war on Saturday and then drive back through the night, or if you're too exhausted, drive back on Sunday. You don't have to miss any school.

#7 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 01:23 PM

I might be able to make the 17th. It depends on if I can fix my guns in the 3 days between when I get home and the day of the war.

Any decent hotels/people's houses in the area that anyone knows off hand? a 7.5 hour round trip would be brutal in one day.
+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#8 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 01:36 PM

I would like to come. The 10th or 17th would be best for me. The 3rd is right before my finals, so there is almost no way I would make that date. I would be glad to give lastmanalive a ride from my place to DCNO. I can always use help with gas money.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#9 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 01:58 PM

Sounds good to me. I'd go down as a maybe, but it's probably closer to a definite. 2 and a half hour drive isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Any of those dates are good for me, but the later dates are more convenient.

Edited by Splitlip, 30 March 2008 - 01:59 PM.

Teehee.

#10 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:16 PM

Put me down as a maybe last DCNO wasn't really worth the 6 1/2 hours of driving.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#11 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 03:18 PM

Very Tentative maybe, with a preference for the tenth.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#12 CAPS

CAPS

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 07:32 PM

Any of the last two dates would be nice. I need to crack some SAT and AP tests on early May. I'll definately be looking forward to it.
It's a link to google......you idiots are worse than the spammers.
-Vacc

#13 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 08:03 PM

I don't have a preference on the date. I'll probably be there.
SexD Warves

#14 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 08:09 PM

I'm on my way!!!

Assuming it isn't the third or the tenth. Otherwise, I'll be one of the first ones there. Again.

I want to be in the video this time. ;)

Edit: My sister said she and her friend would come (They think you guys are hot). They'll probably weasle out again. I'll probably bring a friend.

Edited by lionhead333, 30 March 2008 - 08:12 PM.

QUOTE(Ubermensch)
If I were you, I wouldn't mess with the mods, or make stupid mistakes like misspelling their names. I mean, CAVV is really tough on that kind of thing

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#15 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 08:34 PM

I have a final on May 3rd, and I walk May 10th. As per usual, put me on the low priority list.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#16 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 06:07 AM

Edit: My sister said she and her friend would come (They think you guys are hot). They'll probably weasle out again. I'll probably bring a friend.

Grown ass men with plastic guns just does something to the ladies. To date, Groove is the only one of us with a Nerf Groupie, as creepy as that was...

Anyway, the 17th is most likely the best for me and most others, so I say we go with that date.
I hate you.

#17 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 06:44 AM

Yeah, it is certainly looking that way. Updated the original post for the 17th and the link to the Wars Schedule in the top of the forum.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#18 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:27 AM

MD, where's that....like southern Jersey?

VACC

#19 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 02:42 PM

Never mind

Edited by NerfMonkey, 22 May 2008 - 06:06 PM.

SexD Warves

#20 sourskttles772

sourskttles772

• Banned
  • 263 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 02:59 PM

The date isn't that great for me. I wish this could either be closer to the spring or closer to summer. Anyway I wont be able to get there till later than 12oclock if its on the 17th.
http://nerfon.smffor...3.com/index.php
One man Clan:
I saw the Crossbow re-release on the shelf at my local Target, but I didn't want to tell anyone because I wanted them all to myself. I hid them all behind Dora the Explorer toys....
[/quote]

#21 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 03:08 PM

And to drive to Maryland, that's a long ass drive. I've got 500 miles.

500 miles? What part of WV are you in? Anyway, so school gets out at like, what 2:00 PM? Just leave straight from school and arrive in Rockville between ten and midnight. Have the war on Saturday and then drive back through the night, or if you're too exhausted, drive back on Sunday. You don't have to miss any school.

I live about 20 minutes outside of Charleston West Virginia. I get back to school from vocational school roughly around 3:10 to 3:15 P.M. and could get on the interstate by about 3:30 P.M. And if I arrive to Rockville around 10 or midnight, where am I going to stay? This all banks on me getting my 18 year old lisence a few days ahead as well. So that would be the only way I could stay in a Hotel/Motel is if I'm 18; trust me, I tried it last year with prom, you HAVE to be 18. I might try to take off a day from school and come in early to my Dad's place in Souther MD. I could drive up from there the next day, it's not that bad of a drive really. I need to talk to Sinfil also and see if he can budge it.

If it's on the 17th I don't expect any surprise parties you guys. But yeah, if I make it in I'll be cramming time and money. I think I'll just sell most my guns and try and make arrangements to borrow or purchase something that works for me there. As far as ammo goes, I'm low/out, so I need to bum bur or borrow as much as I can. I really want to come, but at the same time, I know it will be hard for me to make it there. 16 miles to the gallon will def take me a fill up of gas before I leave, so thats 50 bucks right there. Idk, but leave me for a maybe.

#22 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 03:20 PM

If it's on the 17th I don't expect any surprise parties you guys. But yeah, if I make it in I'll be cramming time and money. I think I'll just sell most my guns and try and make arrangements to borrow or purchase something that works for me there. As far as ammo goes, I'm low/out, so I need to bum bur or borrow as much as I can. I really want to come, but at the same time, I know it will be hard for me to make it there. 16 miles to the gallon will def take me a fill up of gas before I leave, so thats 50 bucks right there. Idk, but leave me for a maybe.

I think the solution here would be not to fucking go.

#23 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 03:27 PM

LastManAlive, you sound like you're too poor to afford the gas for the trip right now and don't have anything ready for you to participate.
If that's not the case you can crash in my basement Friday night.
If that is the case then your post should have been: I won't be able to make it, sorry.

Any decent hotels/people's houses in the area that anyone knows off hand?

Since I already know you, you're free to crash in my basement Friday night (16th). In exchange I'll just mooch a ride to the war from you the next morning.

Anyway I wont be able to get there till later than 12oclock if its on the 17th.

Most of the time nothing really happens until 11:30am anyways.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 31 March 2008 - 03:36 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#24 Fireshot

Fireshot

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 04:16 PM

It would be much easier if this was around last years date. Put me as a maybe, me and one to three others.
Is anyone gonna make darts to sell/give out?

Nevermind, I can't do the 17th.
Anyone planning/thinking about a July war somewhere between Maryland and Virginia, give me a holler?

Edited by ‡Fireshot‡, 31 March 2008 - 09:10 PM.

#25 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 05:15 PM

The truth is I'm crunching money, time and my life into a big ball of frustration. I'm not too 'poor' to come. Let's not give people labels please. I'm having to dish out money to put new tires and a oil change on my vehicle in the next week, so I'm not sure where I'll be at on money. As far as time goes, I need to make sure I'm still going to graduate if I miss just one or two more days of school. I still don't even know if I'll have that big job yet. I want to come, don't get me wrong, but I need to get my affairs in order first. Thanks for the invite Slug.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users