Kuhlschrank's Content

There have been 399 items by Kuhlschrank (Search limited from 30-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#86476 Longshot Mod

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 04 August 2006 - 12:34 PM in Modifications

Has anyone considered that this gun may outdate most of our older nerf guns? Muzzleloading nerf guns may now become a disadvantage to the user, meaning all of our Xbows, BBB's, and LBB's that dominated nerf wars will be decomissioned. Until Nerf makes another gun comparable to the LS, I foresee a period where everyone uses the same gun, making nerf wars a little less exciting. Already, half the people I nerf with have LS's and are swearing by them. Weapon variation is half the spice of nerf wars. Different weapons force people to use different strategies to counter their weaknesses. Single shot weapons offset their lack of ROF with range, now that is no longer an issue. The LS has it all, how will older guns compete with it? I have already tried competing with the LS using a BBB, and found that it was almost impossible.

Does anyone else see this potential problem, or am I just insane? :wacko:

Nah you're just insane, If anything, I think the short range, high RoF guns would lose prestige, because now they lose their advantage that our old xbows and bbbs couldn't touch. At least with the spring guns like the crossbow and maxshot, their RoF isn't gonna be that much of a hinderance, because it doesnt take as much time to reload one of those as say a single barreled airtech. In terms of wars, it will actually help the game by forcing more cooperation among low RoF nerfers so that they dont fire and then get caught with their pants down. All I see is a drop off of high RoF, short range guns, because they have just lost the Rate of Fire advantage that they've always enjoyed.

#109600 Official "show-off Your Crossbow" Thread

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 05 June 2007 - 04:33 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Name: Claudia II
Mods Done: Level 4, PVC coupler and a PETG barrel nested inside 1/2" PVC.
2 barrels are taped together as a type of speedloader. (When I am in practice, it allows me to load the second shot within 3-4 seconds) Steel reinforced plunger, with screws reinforcing the catch plate.
Integrations: SM1500 chamber with AT3000 pump.
Comments: Obviously, my second Crossbow(see name) Its namesake carried an AT3000 with a key-ring trigger underneath the Crossbow and an AT2000 mounted above with a pull-bar trigger. This one eliminates the AT2k, and will incorporate an SM 1500 when I get around to it. It is also much cleaner than the original Claudia with no duct tape used.(uncommon for an LCM primary)
The name is taken from a female character in a German language film for a class that I attended with Evil and Warlock.
Its ranges are weak for a Crossbow, but are more than enough for most firefights.

#150050 Summer Dcno

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 08 April 2008 - 03:09 PM in Nerf Wars

I may not be able to make the 24th. I have responsibilities that might tie up that weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to get down there.

#151292 Summer Dcno

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 15 April 2008 - 03:08 PM in Nerf Wars

You can use whatever is on the ground. Just don't assume you can keep them.

Of course. And thanks for the anwsers guys! I'm gonna try to see about making FA24-style darts... time to head to ACE again.

Maybe I've been staying in the Nerf Wars forum too much without venturing out, but what style of stefans did forsaken come up with?

I remember a few years back when everyone and their mother tried making their own different design of stefan, shortly after the zeroes arrived, if anyone here even remembers those.

I do not remember any new designs since then.

#156014 Summer Dcno

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 16 May 2008 - 09:15 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm gonna have to back out of this one, sorry guys.

It's a shame cause this is shaping up to be one helluva war. Oh well I'll see ever one at the LCM Tune-up, Apoc, whenever

#148084 Summer Dcno

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 30 March 2008 - 01:23 PM in Nerf Wars

I might be able to make the 17th. It depends on if I can fix my guns in the 3 days between when I get home and the day of the war.

Any decent hotels/people's houses in the area that anyone knows off hand? a 7.5 hour round trip would be brutal in one day.

#165598 Nerf War Etiquette

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 31 July 2008 - 06:59 AM in Nerf Wars

On the topic of blocking darts, where does a foam Buzzbee sword stand? I have heard of OMC using one, but heard that anything other than a Manta Ray counts a hit.

The only time that I've seen someone block shots with that sword is when the situation was clearly set up, and the shooter was trying to get him to block it. I have not seen it work in a actual war. I'm sure if someone DID manage to block it, no one would be averse to not counting the hit.

Unrelated Question: Wasn't this topic intended more as a guide for a person's conduct at a war, rather than how a war is run?

#108020 Nerf War Etiquette

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 28 May 2007 - 07:41 PM in Nerf Wars

Excellent article badger, this needed to be said after the Tune-up(not wide-scale problems, just a few offenders).

The other thing that sort of goes with Clearing is wandering around nonchalantly, and then when someone asks you if you are in, you shoot them in the chest with a brassed 2k in the chest. (One person comes to mind, but I haven't seen anyone do it recently, and that person hasn't been around much.)

Asking if you are hit is a favor done by the other team so they don't accidentally shoot someone who isn't even in the round.(Not that they are going to cause injury , but it's annoying to get shot when you aren't even playing), so don't be a douche when they are doing you a favor.

That's not to say that deception isn't allowed. One time in a CTF match, I calmly walked up to the enemy's flag and grabbed it right out from under them without being questioned as to whether I was in or whose side I was on until i was on my way out.

However, when you are actually questioned, it's sporting to at least say whether or not you are in before you shoot them. Again, I encountered this a while ago with a certain player, but I still felt it could use mention.

Again, great job on the article badger.

#239688 Nj Apocalypse #8

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 01 July 2009 - 09:53 PM in Nerf Wars

Gun rules are posted.

Game types are also listed under the Round Schedule, they will be organized sometime this week into a real schedule.

#240062 Nj Apocalypse #8

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 04 July 2009 - 01:36 AM in Nerf Wars

z80, you can most likely use the national geographic gun. I may just want to see it before we start, so bring a back-up, just in case.

The updated rule on Titans and their variants will be as explained here:
- NO Titans with plugged pumps.
- Any other Titans/Chimeras/other variants will be allowed/disallowed on a case-by-case basis.

I want to be done with any gun testing by the time the rules clinic starts (9:45). I will be at the park by 9am.

On a separate note: I will be posting another map, for you guys to use to get yourselves to the staging area. It is a decent walk, but essentially a straight shot out from the parking lot. This map will be posted by Tuesday.

diamondbackNF1626:
Yes, for most of the day we will be having "option rounds," where we will give 3-4 different games to play, and allow people to choose which one they want to participate in. We will also have a couple rounds which will incorporate the whole group into one large gametype. A more specific round schedule will be posted later.

#234829 Nj Apocalypse #8

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 07 June 2009 - 04:56 PM in Nerf Wars

First post updated, Just got back from 5 days in Williamsburg, VA.

#233077 Nj Apocalypse #8

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 28 May 2009 - 03:52 PM in Nerf Wars

First post is updated

To the Attendees:[u] With the number of people we are expecting, this war can become very hectic and chaotic. I cannot stress enough, how important it will be for you to follow the field managers instructions. We will almost definitely be getting more than 60 and potentially 80-90 people. As long as every pays attention, it will be a fun day for everyone.

#219774 Nj Apocalypse #8

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 25 March 2009 - 10:24 AM in Nerf Wars

The gun rules will be hammered out long before the war. It will cover both general gun types and specific guns being allowed or disallowed.

#242612 Nj Apocalypse #8

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 18 July 2009 - 10:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Round schedule is up. If anyone has any questions, do not hesitate to PM me.

#219274 Nj Apocalypse #8

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 22 March 2009 - 03:45 PM in Nerf Wars

Location: Deal Park, Monmouth County New Jersey (directions below).

Date: Saturday, August 1, 2009.

Time: Arrive no later than 9:30 AM. Rules Clinic at 9:45 AM. War starts at 10:00 AM.

Hosts: Kuhlschrank

---

PARTICIPANT RESPONSIBILITIES:
  • Arrive no later than 9:30 AM
  • Expect to carry all items - We will be utilizing all available fields. Last year, we did hike everything over to a gathering area before the day began. It's about 1/4 - 1/2 mile walk from the parking lot.
  • FIRST TIME AT APOC? - At 9:45 AM, there will be an explanation of the general rules as well as explanations of the different game types that will be played during the day.
  • Lunch - Pack Light, you will be eating on the field.
  • Liquids - At least one gallon of water or Gatorade. We're talking about New Jersey in August. The humidity will be so high, you'll feel like you're running through a swimming pool.
  • Hat - Keeps your head out of sun.
  • Sunscreen - Sunscreen is STRONGLY encouraged.
  • Nerf Blasters and Darts - A least one primary and one SPRING pistol, a sufficient amount of darts, also.
  • Eye Protection - Eye protection is cheap and worth it, CVS and Home Depot offer glasses/goggles.
  • Extra T-Shirts - See Liquids.
  • Clean up ALL garbage and items you bring on the field - Flagging tape, lunch items, water bottles, etc., all of these must be thrown out properly. If you leave trash behind, do not expect to be invited next year. Garbage bags will be placed in the staging area.
  • Follow Instructions from the Field Supervisors - Select individuals will be Field Supervisors at Apoc 09. Each player is responsible for listening to and following the instructions of these advisors; we cannot guarantee that the day will progress smoothly otherwise.
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST WEAR EYE PROTECTION.

BLASTER RESTRICTIONS:

Banned Blasters:
  • Air-powered Homemades
  • Singled 5ks
  • Doomsayers (NOTE: FA is exempt from this rule, due to his contribution to this blaster)
  • Other Titans/Chimeras will be allowed/disallowed on a case-by-case basis. I want to have the gun testing finished by the time the rules clinic starts (9:45).
All other blasters are subject to range and power testing by the hosts. If any blaster is deemed unsafe to those on its receiving end, it will not be allowed. If you believe that your blaster is on that border of being too powerful, bring a backup so you won't be without a gun if it's disallowed.

---

ROUND SCHEDULE:

1. 2-Team DM (The Grove)

2. Option
  • Multi-Team DM (The Grove)
  • Primaries (Undiscovered Country)
  • Pistols (Staging Area)
3. Option
  • Gunslinger Heaven (Undiscovered Country)
  • Primaries (The Grove)
  • Primaries (Resurrection Forest)
4. 4-Team DM (The Grove)

5. Lunch

6. 2-Team DM (The Grove)

7. Option
  • Group “A” Attack/Defend (The Grove)
  • Multi-Team DM (Undiscovered Country)
8. Great American Gorefest (The Grove)
  • Sudden death, free-for-all using springer pistols
9. Option
  • Group “B” Attack/Defend (The Grove)
  • Gunslinger Heaven (Staging Area)
10. 4-Team DM (The Grove)

Field Supervisors:
Kuhlschrank
One Man Clan
Rambo
Members of Mag7

There will be a 3 minute break between rounds. This will be enough to grab ammo and water, before the next round.

Team Selection: Teams for each round will be chosen by counting off by numbers. From there, we will balance teams as we see fit.

During any option round, once two options are completed and have returned to the staging area, "sudden death" will be called. At this point, a 5 minute time limit will begin, and any players remaining will have their hit points reduced to 1.

NOTE: For Attack/Defend, any players wishing to participate in these rounds will be asked to fill out their names on a signup sheet sometime before the lunch break. Depending on the interest, we will need to break that game type up into two sections. The player will sign their name and specify whether they would prefer to play gunslinger heaven, or multi-team DM. We will then try to make teams as far as possible for both balance in the game and allowing people to pick a game type for the other round.
---

DRIVING DIRECTIONS:

Take the Garden State Parkway to Exit #105 - Eatontown / Rt 36 East
Follow signs for Rt 36 East - Long Branch.
Make an immediate Right at the 1st Traffic Light onto Hope Rd.
Take Hope Rd. for less than 1/2 mile, merge Right onto the ramp for Rt. 18 South
Take Rt. 18 South for approximately 2 miles to Exit #12A - W Park Ave / OAKHURST
Merge on to W. Park Ave heading East, continue for approximately 2 miles
At the 4th Traffic Light turn Right onto Whalepond Rd.
Take Whalepond Rd. for 1 mile and turn Right into the 3rd entrance for the park
There should be a parking lot immediately on your right.
If you come to a traffic light you've gone too far, turn around and then make a left into the first entrance you see.

GPS COORDINATES:

40°15'21.85"N
74° 1'25.08"W

GOOGLE MAPS INFO:

271 Whalepond Rd.
Oakhurst, NJ 07755
(if you don't specify the town it will take you to the wrong 271 Whalepond)

PARK MAP:

Here is also a link to a most excellently horrible MS-Paint image of the park.

The area designated "Trail Parking" is the preferred parking lot.
The area between "Leaf Compost Site" and "Bddy Soccer Field" offers additional parking along the fence.
The area designated "Overflow Parking" is probably a mile away from the actual Nerfing area. Arrive early.

---

PARTICIPANT LIST:

Definite: 80-85
Kuhlschrank
Magic
Groove
Vacc
Falcon
Baghead
Apollo256
Pillz
T.O.N.Y.

One Man Clan
ice
zack attack
Echnalaid
Captain Slug
Silencer
Guest (1) - Silencer
Zaxbys
Splitlip
Skitzo
Jlego
keef
Theygor
Longshot Wielder
numa-t49
Talio
Icespartan_1114
teleportingasiankid
flashflint
pitbull
Ubermensch
z80
Texansharpshooter
StealthMan
Forsaken_angel24
Deaddumpster
Crooked
Pearson
K-10
Krolik
Tank Rat
diamondbacknf1626
whitemoonlight
Seven7h Man (1-3)
ThatWasRandom
badger
Photobug
Guests - badger (3-5)
DX
Baked Tater
1337 (+2)
slowguitarman
Codename: Pending
Roamer
Galaxy613
fenixharth
Guest (7) - fenixharth
gszwabowski
Guest - gszwabowski
BustaDartInYourAss
Ferd
KevinFunny
Zack the Mack
Chalywong
gears
deadshooter711
Guest - deadshooter711
Rambo
Digitalkid
Analogkid
Biofreak2
ChemGoggles
Guests (2-3) - digitalkid
Ubermensch
Guest - Ubermensch

Maybe: 46-61
Guest (2-3) - Magic
analogkid
biofreak2
dizzyduck
Just Some Bob
amerikanidiot154
Guest (1-2) - amerikanidiot154
Guest (?) - Skitzo
Longshot Wielder
Dark Shrimp
Guest (1) - Longshot Wielder
Guest (1-2) - numa-t49
Wes7143
ballisticjoe
Guest (2-3) - faddle
Guest - flashflint
Guests (1-2) - pitbull
deadshooter711
Effeminate
Guest (1-4) - Effeminate
foamatron
Guest (5-8) - z80
Guest (1-4)- Chris is cool
DTReaper (1-2)
xCraiG iZ BeasT (2-3)
Cardiac-kid
Guests - badger (3-6)
deathdude23505
Guest - DX
Dragon216
Guest - Dragon 216
Twitch
Chris is cool
Mantis
Guest - Chalywong
gizidemo
---

OTHER NOTES: This will be used to answer other questions as needed.

The rounds will be varied. In order to give a large and small war appeal, we will be having multiple battles going on simultaneously during some points of the day.

This is going to be a huge war yet again. We're going to need your cooperation to make sure things run smoothly. Follow directions and we'll keep the day moving at a good pace. If you act like a moron, don't expect to have an open invite next year. If you piss us off, there are enough admins in attendance that one of us is bound to suspend you. You can find your responsibilities as an attendee in the first post. Don't act like a moron and this should be a really fun day.

#244573 Nj Apocalypse #8

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 29 July 2009 - 03:52 PM in Nerf Wars

OK guys, with only 3 days left, I have drawn up a better map for use when you get to the park. This should be helpful in getting you to the staging area. The top image is the full map with the google maps background. Under it, is a more printer-friendly version, which shows you the paved paths to the staging area. If the preferred parking lot (in blue) is full, the red parking lot is farther away, next to soccer and softball fields, but it will do fine.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm looking forward to Saturday, this will surely be one hell of an event.

#244580 Nj Apocalypse #8

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 29 July 2009 - 04:34 PM in Nerf Wars

We'll try and fit one in, maybe right after lunch.

#244799 Nj Apocalypse #8

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 30 July 2009 - 10:39 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm working on putting together some of Slug's Mobstacles. They should help out the defenders in the A&D rounds.

I am getting very excited for this war. Apoc 2009 will be insane. This is why I cannot stress enough, we need your cooperation on Saturday. OMC already laid out the threats of violence if anyone acts up. I am more worried about people not paying attention, forcing us to spend more time organizing when we could be nerfing instead. Have fun, have a lot of fun. Just be aware of what is going on, and where you are supposed to be. Do that, and we'll get as much nerfing in as we can. Don't do it, and you'll have 75+ people pissed at you for wasting part of the afternoon.

Also, if anyone needs a cell phone number, PM me. If you need help getting to the park, or especially if you need help getting to the staging area from the alternate lot, feel free to call me.

Good luck, see you all Saturday morning.

#245065 Nj Apocalypse #8

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 01 August 2009 - 08:15 PM in Nerf Wars

I want to thank everyone who came out today. Everyone that I talked to said that they had a fun time, which is all I care about. It was a very good turnout. I feel like everyone did a good job of keeping the war moving, and getting in as much as we could.

Yea, the schedule went to shit, but it happens. We didn't get to some of the more "gimmicky" rounds, like Gorefest and Attack & Defend, but we did get in a lot of high quality Deathmatch, gunslinger, and multi-team rounds, instead. OMC and I have already started working on some ideas to streamline the war, and get more rounds in. Even after 8 years, there is always room for improvements.

I can't even think of individual highlights; the day as a whole was great. I'm already looking forward to Apoc 2010.

Once again, everyone who came out, the Mag7 who helped organize rounds, and especially everyone who drove ridiculous distances to come to this war: Thanks.

#220942 Nj Apocalypse #8

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 31 March 2009 - 07:17 PM in Nerf Wars

As organizers, we do not operate in a vacuum, separating us from the world. Thusly, certain parties were PMed tonight for their feedback and concerns for this year. That being said, any gun rules and bans will be made with considerations to gameplay and safety, not attendance.

#244893 Nj Apocalypse #8

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 31 July 2009 - 02:04 PM in Nerf Wars

Diamondback, clear out your inbox, I sent you the wrong phone number

#280631 Nj Apocalypse 2010

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 18 July 2010 - 08:37 PM in Nerf Wars

Less than 3 weeks to go!
I've been pushing this to the side for long enough. I've posted a round schedule on the first page. It's mostly the same as last year's, with one or two changes. As with last year, it will be subject to change as the day progresses.

Also, if anyone needs a cell phone number, PM me. If you need help getting to the park, or especially if you need help getting to the staging area from the alternate lot, feel free to call me.

If you have any other questions, just let me know.

Now, I guess it's time to rebuild the crossbow.

#278236 Nj Apocalypse 2010

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 21 June 2010 - 08:03 PM in Nerf Wars

Gun Rules have been added to the first post.

#274622 Nj Apocalypse 2010

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 12 May 2010 - 07:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Location: Deal Park, Monmouth County New Jersey (directions below).

Date: Saturday, August 7, 2010.

Time: Arrive no later than 9:30 AM. Rules Clinic at 9:45 AM. War starts at 10:00 AM.

Hosts: Kuhlschrank, Mag7

As we get closer to the date of the war, we will add the Gun Restrictions & Round Schedule.

---

PARTICIPANT RESPONSIBILITIES:
  • Arrive no later than 9:30 AM
  • Expect to carry all items - We will be utilizing all available fields. Last year, we did hike everything over to a gathering area before the day began. It's about 1/4 - 1/2 mile walk from the parking lot.
  • FIRST TIME AT APOC? - At 9:45 AM, there will be a quick explanation of the general rules as well as explanations of the different game types that will be played during the day.
  • Lunch - Pack Light, you will be eating on the field.
  • Liquids - At least one gallon of water or Gatorade. We're talking about New Jersey in August. The humidity will be so high, you'll feel like you're running through a swimming pool.
  • Hat - Keeps your head out of sun.
  • Sunscreen - Sunscreen is STRONGLY encouraged.
  • Nerf Blasters and Darts - A least one primary and one SPRING pistol, a sufficient amount of darts, also.
  • Eye Protection - Eye protection is cheap and worth it, CVS and Home Depot offer glasses/goggles.
  • Extra T-Shirts - See Liquids.
  • Clean up ALL garbage and items you bring on the field - Flagging tape, lunch items, water bottles, etc., all of these must be thrown out properly. If you leave trash behind, do not expect to be invited next year. Garbage bags will be placed in the staging area.
  • Follow Instructions from the Field Supervisors - Select individuals will be Field Supervisors at Apoc 10. Each player is responsible for listening to and following the instructions of these advisors; we cannot guarantee that the day will progress smoothly otherwise.
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST WEAR EYE PROTECTION.

BLASTER RESTRICTIONS:
Banned Blasters:
  • Air-powered Homemades
  • Singled 5ks
  • Doomsayers (NOTE: FA is exempt from this rule, due to his contribution to this blaster)
  • Other Titans/Chimeras will be allowed/disallowed on a case-by-case basis. I want to have the gun testing finished by the time the rules clinic starts (9:45).
All other blasters are subject to range and power testing by the hosts. If any blaster is deemed unsafe to those on its receiving end, it will not be allowed. If you believe that your blaster is on that border of being too powerful, bring a backup so you won't be without a gun if it's disallowed.

These are pretty much the same rules as last year, with one addition:

If we are making teams, and one side seems to have an inordinate amount of the same type of weaponry, we may ask players to switch sides or switch guns. This will be done on a case-by-case basis.

------

ROUND SCHEDULE: (Subject to change)

1. 2-Team DM (The Grove)

2. Option
  • Pistols (Staging Area)
3. Option
  • Gunslinger Heaven (Undiscovered Country)
  • Primaries (The Grove)
4. 4-Team DM (The Grove)

5. Lunch

6. 2-Team DM (The Grove)

7. Option
  • Pistols (The Grove)
  • Multi-Team DM (Undiscovered Country)
8. Great American Gorefest (The Grove)
  • Sudden death, free-for-all using springer pistols
9. Option
  • Gunslinger Heaven (Staging Area)
10. 4-Team DM (The Grove)

Field Supervisors:
Kuhlschrank
Members of Mag7

------

DRIVING DIRECTIONS:

Take the Garden State Parkway to Exit #105 - Eatontown / Rt 36 East
Follow signs for Rt 36 East - Long Branch.
Make an immediate Right at the 1st Traffic Light onto Hope Rd.
Take Hope Rd. for less than 1/2 mile, merge Right onto the ramp for Rt. 18 South
Take Rt. 18 South for approximately 2 miles to Exit #12A - W Park Ave / OAKHURST
Merge on to W. Park Ave heading East, continue for approximately 2 miles
At the 4th Traffic Light turn Right onto Whalepond Rd.
Take Whalepond Rd. for 1 mile and turn Right into the 3rd entrance for the park
There should be a parking lot immediately on your right.
If you come to a traffic light you've gone too far, turn around and then make a left into the first entrance you see.

GPS COORDINATES:

40°15'21.85"N
74° 1'25.08"W

GOOGLE MAPS INFO:

271 Whalepond Rd.
Oakhurst, NJ 07755
(if you don't specify the town it will take you to the wrong 271 Whalepond)

PARK MAP:

Here is also a link to a most excellently horrible MS-Paint image of the park.

---

PARTICIPANT LIST:

Definite: (81-87)
Kuhlschrank
Split
Lucian
Fenixharth (7-11)
Talio
Gears
faddle
Vacc
Famine
Death
Wave
Silencer (2)
Chaosbrood
phillypretzel
numa-t49 (3-4)
area5100
NerfMonkey
Princexbuster
Sublimedom777
flamincows
DX
Zack the Mack (4)
firesflame4
zach attack
BakedTater
Jlego
badger
One Man Clan
Seven7h Man
ThatWasRandom (1-2)
Mantis
sharvil06 (2)
chalywong
Pearson
Tank
Dumpster
Forsaken_angel24
K-10
Crooked
Zack the Mack
Echnalaid
JWasko
JMWasko
Phree Agent (5)
digitalkid
ChemGoggles
Saber
Biofreak2
ice
Mr BadWrench
titanium2
bickeringbrothersiii (2)
deadshooter711 (2)
soothsayer (3)
bpso86
chubbylad13 (2)

Maybe:
Groove
Captain Slug
Twitch
Wes7143
nate the great
rork
diamondbacknf1626
Dez
compound
Doom
white moonlight
T dog
flashflint
nerf_monkey (2)
iM ThAT Kid
XIII
ejrasmussen
Skitzo
balisticjoe
xeorogue
lava dart
foam ninja

---

OTHER NOTES: This will be used to answer other questions as needed.

The rounds will be varied. In order to give a large and small war appeal, we will be having multiple battles going on simultaneously during some points of the day.

This is going to be a huge war yet again. We're going to need your cooperation to make sure things run smoothly. Follow directions and we'll keep the day moving at a good pace. If you act like a moron, don't expect to have an open invite next year. If you piss us off, there are enough admins in attendance that one of us is bound to suspend you. You can find your responsibilities as an attendee in the first post. Don't act like a moron and this should be a really fun day.

#282014 Nj Apocalypse 2010

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 03 August 2010 - 08:26 PM in Nerf Wars

i will be going along with my Pittsburgh Area Nerfers. I read the part about the banned blasters. I would like to use my Mav-titan to shoot titan rockets. Is it possible to get a ruling at the game on my cobra drain gun?

I have it set up to shoot 1 inch foam marshmallows. I will bring it for show and tell and then perhaps the powers may be can decide if it is suitble or not.

Are there facilities at the park like drinking fountains?

If you're shooting rockets, you're fine. We can look at the cobra drain gun before the war.

Only a few more days, remember to bring plenty of water and sunscreen. There isn't a whole lot of cover at Deal.

Again, if anyone has any questions, or needs my phone number in case they get lost, just send me a PM.

#164979 Nj Apocalypse #7

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 28 July 2008 - 03:46 PM in Nerf Wars

How many stefans should we bring. I plan on using my Vulcan as my primary for some point of reference..

Well for my crossbow I usually prepare 70-90, but if you're using an auto, you will probably want a lot more, probably 200 or more. But I have never consistently used an auto. We will be having periodic dart sweeps, but it really depends on how much foam you are sending out every round.

#155211 Nj Apocalypse #7

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 08 May 2008 - 10:40 PM in Nerf Wars

Posted Image

This is the site, the white names are the names for the 3 different fields we will be using.

Horsemen, I think I have all the locations right, holler if any of them are off.

#165363 Nj Apocalypse #7

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 30 July 2008 - 10:25 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm a Field Supervisor? Do I get a nifty walky-talky or a megaphone this year?

Maybe once the Hasbro sponsorship deal gets worked out, but for now you can always make a megaphone out of posterboard. You can even pick the color yourself, maybe put some stickers on it...

#164967 Nj Apocalypse #7

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 28 July 2008 - 03:12 PM in Nerf Wars

Glad to hear from people, positively and negatively, as to their attendance, this is helping a lot in the organization of the war.

I just want to reiterate that with 40 confirmed and another ~20 possible, cooperation will be critical to this war.
If anyone consistently acts like a dick, we'll have no problem with not inviting you next year, or even making you sit out a round this year.

We want to have as much fun as everyone showing up, so please help us out and just pay attention and know what's going on. It's going to be hectic, but last year was a blast and ran without a hitch, and we'd like to repeat that this year.

5 days left, time to make sure that you have your shit together.

Again, anyone needs help with directions/accomodations/general questions, give me or Shindig a PM and we'll help you out.

#161929 Nj Apocalypse #7

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 08 July 2008 - 09:45 AM in Nerf Wars

If anyone needs help finding a suitable place to stay, shoot me a PM. I cannot offer the services of my home, but I can help you find somewhere that leaves you easy access to major roads and the war site. You can also use hotwire.

#165341 Nj Apocalypse #7

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 30 July 2008 - 06:59 AM in Nerf Wars

FA, We didn't throw it in because we feel that it is too slow of a game to be the first round, when everyone is excited and ready to go. We are still keeping the idea on the back burner and will definitely use it if we want to slow things down or give people a break. Our logic was to build in as many fast-paced regular rounds as we could, to give everyone the maximum benefit.

My problem with civil war rounds is that they literally are just target practice, and any of us could do that at home. The Cali kids like to hang out at the portables in Armageddon and take potshots all the time and that bored the hell out of me. Given that experience, I'd like to stay away from that and lean more toward the high-mobility wars that the East is known for.

Again, we will keep that scenario in mind in case we need a recovery round, however, we aren't going to promise it, given the failure of the similar game type last year.

#81451 Armageddon '06 Planning Thread

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 07 May 2006 - 07:31 PM in Nerf Wars

"You guys wouldn't want to leave OMC, Shinny, and Groove here all by themselves, would you?"

Excuse me, but I've had a much more concrete response than ole Shinny here for quite a while. I'll be out there.

#75626 Armageddon '06 Planning Thread

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 09 March 2006 - 09:18 AM in Nerf Wars

Hmmm....the 15th would be best I believe. 22nd isn't horrible. But the 15th is better for me.

But is that one of the first two weekends in July, Cx? (i'm not sure cause I'm too lazy to click something and check.)

Why can't we do it in the middle of the week anyway? Like a Tuesday or whatever. Who has school this summer? I mean, college classes are easy to get out of. So, uh...why?

Well, a lot of us older guys have work, so the weekend would be ideal, especially for those who need money to pay for a flight out there.

#84747 Armageddon '06 Planning Thread

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 11 July 2006 - 10:36 AM in Nerf Wars

Regardless of Hersh's eating habits, the 3 vs. 30 fight will become even more lopsided when I bring my primary into the fray:
Posted Image

Out here on the East Coast, we don't fuck around. (We just picked this sexy beast at work)

#75614 Armageddon '06 Planning Thread

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 08 March 2006 - 10:53 PM in Nerf Wars

I can make anything that is before the last weekend in July(29th & 30th)

I can't wait to show you loud-mouthed West Coast babies the pain that Megas dish out.

#85111 Armageddon '06 Planning Thread

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 15 July 2006 - 09:00 PM in Nerf Wars

Dearest Greg,

We were notified that you may be returning to the site of the war to gather some of your belongings. There are quite a few guns left there, you might want to check it out.

-Raymond
via Kuhlschrank's account.

#74609 Armageddon '06 Planning Thread

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 28 February 2006 - 01:58 AM in Nerf Wars

I should be joining the NJ contingent heading out there to LA.
I am indifferent to the dates, though I think it will be easier for those of us who are flying if the war is on a Saturday, allowing us to fly out on Friday and then back on Sunday.

#84793 Armageddon '06 Planning Thread

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 11 July 2006 - 02:39 PM in Nerf Wars

Yea, Groove, I hate you right now, where do you get all this fucking money? You're paying more than any of us for geddon, and you can still get a new digital camcorder? Whatever, at least we can get high quality video of our domination of the West.

#84777 Armageddon '06 Planning Thread

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 11 July 2006 - 01:06 PM in Nerf Wars

I didn't integrate the turret, just the internals. It would be a motherfucker to try and get the barrels to rotate if I did that. Then i have two dual barrel assemblies(one each for the xbow and at3k) which makes 4.

Oh I'm not insinuating copyright infringement or anything with the barrels idea, its just more shit to talk about.

Sorry to hear you're claiming to kick our asses, cause you won't get a refund on your ego when it doesn't happen.

#84767 Armageddon '06 Planning Thread

Posted by Kuhlschrank on 11 July 2006 - 12:20 PM in Nerf Wars

Ah, but it does have the same number of barrels, is clip-fed, and can be hooked up to a compressor. Yea Cx, sorry about the late warning, but I'm gonna need something about the size of a halftrack to tow this thing to the school. After that, I can just have the freight compnay pick it up there for the trip home. B)

On a more serious(not really) note, we had discovered the single barrels taped together idea long before you had it done to that maxshot, and they will be out in full force, giving us a tremendous amount of high ROF firepower to deal out on you and your piddly ass PETG'd guns.