euphemism's Content

There have been 244 items by euphemism (Search limited from 26-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#74330 Fall '06 Blasters

Posted by euphemism on 25 February 2006 - 11:02 PM in General Nerf

could we possibly put a protective casing on the air bladder of the magstrike cause it looks like the plastic that foot pumps are made out of ?

Seeing as it is to be used as a stock and it is supposed to protect a rather fragile piece of rubber and that hasbro isn't stupid you can bet that it is made of hard plastic.

#74940 Fall '06 Blasters

Posted by euphemism on 02 March 2006 - 05:40 PM in General Nerf

Since the plastic is used to protect the air bladder would that mean that we could replace it?

If by it you mean the plastic then... sure? You could replace it but why? If you mean the bladder then yes you probably can if you can find a better bladder. Since the bladder is outside of the main body of the gun it would be much easier than in a PC or WF/RF20.

#89234 Longshot "shotgun" Foregrip

Posted by euphemism on 06 September 2006 - 08:20 PM in Modifications

Very very nice, I await the video(s). Nice intel guy too.

#58519 All Purpose Movie Topic

Posted by euphemism on 30 June 2005 - 10:50 PM in Off Topic

12 monkeys and almost anything by Alfred Hitchcock. Also Brazil is good but crazy.

#55641 Any Out There In Ma?

Posted by euphemism on 25 May 2005 - 09:05 PM in Nerf Wars

I might be able to come with some nerfin' friends depending on where it is (that is still undecided right?)

#54696 Any Out There In Ma?

Posted by euphemism on 12 May 2005 - 02:45 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm new and from milton, MA right next to boston

#60208 Any Out There In Ma?

Posted by euphemism on 25 July 2005 - 10:09 PM in Nerf Wars

I think a war in closer proximity to boston would be better for a simple reason:
I am a lazy bastard and so are all the people I nerf with

#74329 Hasbro Press Release 2-9-06

Posted by euphemism on 25 February 2006 - 10:52 PM in General Nerf

Starbuck the Expand-a-blast had a scope and that sucked

Say what? If you are refering to only a stock EaB then you are, of course, correct. A modded EaB is one of the most powerful spring pistols around. See cxwq's mod for details.

#72533 First Attempt At A Homebrew Gun

Posted by euphemism on 06 February 2006 - 06:40 PM in Homemades

Scattergun traditionally means shotgun, I'm not sure whether or not that's what super61 means.

#59977 Dart Tag Blasters

Posted by euphemism on 23 July 2005 - 12:53 PM in Modifications

http://www.hasbrotoy...2&ID=16521&PG=1
you can get them right from hasbro there
2 guns+gear for 2 people=$40

#99248 Battle In The Pines!

Posted by euphemism on 03 February 2007 - 11:05 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm afraid I must put myself down as a tentative no.

#95755 Battle In The Pines!

Posted by euphemism on 02 December 2006 - 02:51 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm there if I can get there. Unfortunately I don't know if I can get there and how many I can get with me.

#86782 If You Could Bring Back Any Nerf Gun

Posted by euphemism on 08 August 2006 - 10:11 AM in General Nerf

I'd have to say the BlastFire. Since they rereleased the RF20 which is similar to the BlastFire in a way, who knows what could happen.

I think you may mean the wildfire not the blastfire.

Also I agree with nerfmonkey on the old edition NF.

#75512 Sledgehammer

Posted by euphemism on 07 March 2006 - 08:42 PM in Homemades

I'm confused about one thing. What is the pump to shot ratio? It seems to be 1:1 and that doesn't seem like it would provide enough air for a decently powered gun.

#94217 I Have A Nerf Gun That Shoots Almost 400'

Posted by euphemism on 11 November 2006 - 11:32 PM in General Nerf

Just for the sake of argument, you never really see the dart during that entire video. Based on the gun's behavior it is clearly in the barrel when it fires but can anyone here say with confidence that they see a dart on the ground?

#68064 Maniac 2?

Posted by euphemism on 20 November 2005 - 08:04 PM in Nerf Wars

As Likos said "I don't know why people always think that people wearing camo are black".

#68131 Maniac 2?

Posted by euphemism on 22 November 2005 - 10:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, you wouldn't happen to know any bait und tackle shops in our vicinity would you? I'v never been fishing in my life so I would not, and do not, have a clue where one would be... hold on, a may have seen one in hull where I have some contacts, I'll look into it.

#66047 Maniac 2?

Posted by euphemism on 17 October 2005 - 09:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Oh shit, I completely forgot to get pictures and stuff but here's an arial shot from google earth.
Posted Image
The red square is now a vacant lot but the picture showed a school. The retarded pentagon is the general area we can use. We cannot use the vacant lot, I just covered it to avoid confusion.

#68058 Maniac 2?

Posted by euphemism on 20 November 2005 - 06:13 PM in Nerf Wars

I love free stuff and great nerf wars so it's no surprise I was pleased by yesterday's events. We need to do that again sometime.

#64253 Maniac 2?

Posted by euphemism on 24 September 2005 - 11:00 AM in Nerf Wars

They are easily walking distance from each other so we could gather at the park, nerf there, then go to the cemetary and nerf more.

#64233 Maniac 2?

Posted by euphemism on 23 September 2005 - 10:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Milton borders Boston near lower mills in Dorchester ,where there's a red line (mattapan high speed rail) stop, and there are a few good placesin Milton. There's a park known as Cunningham park that has some nice wooded area behind it with no poison ivy and no drunk kids until 6:30pm, usually at least 7:00. There's a cool, mostly woody place with paths, access roads and whatnot but it has a risk of poison ivy if you leave the roads. The cemetary is also quite good but it sometimes has people during the daytime and it has this non-biting but somewhat annoying fly that seems to inhabit only there. The place that seems to have the least in the way of drawbacks is the park, but the cemetary can be more fun, in my opinion.

#64053 Maniac 2?

Posted by euphemism on 21 September 2005 - 04:51 PM in Nerf Wars

I am still living in MA and I expect to be for some time, I would like to go but transportation and lazyness play a big part in my decision making process. I have no real date preference as long is it is on a saturday. If you feel the urge to move it closer to Milton I, along with some others, would be far more likely to come, but if that place is really quite good than moving would just be foolish.

#66307 Maniac 2?

Posted by euphemism on 22 October 2005 - 10:17 AM in Nerf Wars

19th seems fine to me. I shall spread the word throughout my people and bring joy to the land... I mean, I'll tell my friends.

#66117 Maniac 2?

Posted by euphemism on 19 October 2005 - 04:28 PM in Nerf Wars

I've got a bunch of people here in milton willing to come but in order to get a head count I'd need an official date. So 22nd or 29th?

#67578 Maniac 2?

Posted by euphemism on 13 November 2005 - 12:35 PM in Nerf Wars

I can guarantee that I will be coming with at least say 4 people but there could be more, some first timers some not.

#67912 Maniac 2?

Posted by euphemism on 18 November 2005 - 06:41 AM in Nerf Wars

Snow is fine I say, the show must go on. If it is less then like 28 degrees though I'm not sure.

#66971 Maniac 2?

Posted by euphemism on 01 November 2005 - 11:05 PM in Nerf Wars

All the people watched in awe as the clouds parted and a bellowing voice rang through every valley, every mountain, every corner, every cellar and even every garage. The voice said very little but it meant very much. The voice said "75 Edge Hill Road, Milton, MA 02186." What do you mean "overdramatic"?

#71372 Next Yano

Posted by euphemism on 20 January 2006 - 11:40 PM in Nerf Wars

I will actually be on vacation in san diego during february vacation so if it occurs then I may be able to attend. Needless to say I have no insight on location or any such details.

#85362 Another Ma Skirmish?

Posted by euphemism on 19 July 2006 - 07:09 PM in Nerf Wars

I think I speak for everyone in the milton area when I say we'd be more than glad to host at 75 edge hill road again.

#86855 Another Ma Skirmish?

Posted by euphemism on 08 August 2006 - 10:24 PM in Nerf Wars

Where is 75 Edge hill road? Is that a house? Is it near Milton high?

The 19th hmmm... I'll get back to you guys shortly to see if I can go..

It's Cunningham park, it's pretty close to the high school.
I think the 19th is better for Milton people too, especially because MiMiC is off to college on the 27 I think.

but thats if I'm invited of course.

Of course.

#85999 Another Ma Skirmish?

Posted by euphemism on 29 July 2006 - 12:58 PM in Nerf Wars

19th sounds fine to me, I'm probably going to go to a reggae concert that night, meaning two things. I'll need to get out in time and it's gonna be a crazy day for me.

#85494 Another Ma Skirmish?

Posted by euphemism on 21 July 2006 - 10:49 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm afraid the location is not very close to the berkshires, it's much closer to boston. If you can make it, however, you'd be more than welcome, look in the nerf frappr for a better idea of where it is.

#58995 Powerclip Homemade Clip

Posted by euphemism on 10 July 2005 - 12:20 AM in Homemades

this thread is kinda old but it's still on page one and I have an important contribution
http://nobel.scas.bc...tic/plastic.htm
that page includes instructions on how to make plastic from milk

#72355 The End Of Night Finder Production?

Posted by euphemism on 05 February 2006 - 01:54 PM in General Nerf

It's wierd about toys r us, they're closing a ton of stores. I really need to check the one near me to check for any nerf guns on sale and clear them out completely.

#72715 The End Of Night Finder Production?

Posted by euphemism on 09 February 2006 - 03:44 PM in General Nerf

I believe we will see more NFs again as the hasbrotoyshop.com nerf page now lists the EX-3 and mav as available though they were listed as sold out until recently. Also the firefly and crossfires are now available there too (they were listed as coming soon). As always, I make no promises.

#68137 Traps.

Posted by euphemism on 22 November 2005 - 11:32 PM in General Nerf

It isn't a trap but it's simple surviellance, convex mirrors. Stick them at corners and attach one to the end of a piece of gooseneck for checking around corners and whatnot. Sticking a mirror out in stead of your head can mean the difference between "life" and "death".

#68921 Spring Maniac 3

Posted by euphemism on 08 December 2005 - 09:27 PM in Nerf Wars

Nice to see MANIAC 3 in the works, at this point all of the dates seem the same to me though. As far as H2H goes, I've got a couple PVC weapons, a blowsword that has 5/8 fbr for padding and a tonfa that uses pipe insulator and also doubles as a blow pistol. Normally a PVC tonfa couldn't work as a blowgun for two reasons, it is too short and most of the air would go out of the perpendicular piece. Both those to problems and the problem of it falling aprt when I hit someone were solved with some CPVC nested into the ends of two of the pieces of PVC. When the dart is sucked into the barrel at the right velocity about 5mm of it go into the CPVC, causing it to simulate a longer barrel.

#70278 Spring Maniac 3

Posted by euphemism on 02 January 2006 - 01:39 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok, I was thinking about this and decided to do some minor research I found that we (Milton people) could meet at North QUincy station (red line) and take the inbound to alewife and take a bus from there to lexington center. The only real question is where to go after that. We could meet you guys there or something, what do you think?

#73549 Spring Maniac 3

Posted by euphemism on 19 February 2006 - 01:02 PM in Nerf Wars

What is the actual location anyway? As in, where in Lexington.

#78416 Spring Maniac 3

Posted by euphemism on 02 April 2006 - 01:00 AM in Nerf Wars

Actually, it would appear that MANIAC 3 will be in milton (meaning yay for me and yay for you). Also, I am 15, turning 16 in june.