Airsoftguy777's Content

There have been 91 items by Airsoftguy777 (Search limited from 02-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#262518 Wipeout/pistol Splat Priming Lever?

Posted by Airsoftguy777 on 20 January 2010 - 05:54 PM in Homemades

Hello sorry if im breaking any rules, if I am just let me know. But anyway I just finished painting my wipeout just to find out my dog chewed up the priming lever. Is there any ways you guys could think of to make a new one? I was thinking wood, my stepdad has all kinds of wood working stuff. So could i get some ideas or Pictures of just the priming handle. (and i need to make the metal peice on it to) Or does anyone have one I can buy?

#262544 Wipeout/pistol Splat Priming Lever?

Posted by Airsoftguy777 on 20 January 2010 - 07:46 PM in Homemades

Did your dog just chew the handle? if he did you could probably glue and slip a length of PVC over the chewed part, or you can look for some stuff to make one out of.

You probably crossed the line at giving yourself "Airsoft Guy 777" as your username.

Yes i know i made this account a while ago I have requested name changes but it hasnt happened yet. :D
And he pretty much destroyed it. :angry:

#262568 Wipeout/pistol Splat Priming Lever?

Posted by Airsoftguy777 on 20 January 2010 - 09:41 PM in Homemades

Yeah, I'd think you could hit up a dollar store or thrift shop to find something.

Dollar Store? And i already cleaned out my local thrift store a few weeks ago.

#262721 Wipeout/pistol Splat Priming Lever?

Posted by Airsoftguy777 on 22 January 2010 - 03:45 PM in Homemades

HOTH, just to let you know, the springs in wipeout guns are VERY powerful. I don't think any of us here would be able to prime it, with the exception of a few body builders we have here. Thats why they have a lever, to make priming easy.

Thats what i was thinking. Besides what would you use to pull it back? I would think most things would just snap.

And compound im getting the box tommorow.

#262752 Display Name

Posted by Airsoftguy777 on 22 January 2010 - 08:40 PM in Off Topic

Title says it all. Where is the menu to change your display name?

I believe an admin has to change it. And believe me I would love to change mine.

#262795 Wipeout/pistol Splat Priming Lever?

Posted by Airsoftguy777 on 23 January 2010 - 10:40 AM in Homemades

I have done it, with cpvc and a cpvc tee, and it really was not that hard to prime. I'm a teenager, not a bodybuilder. Blue, I'm not home right now, at a hotel, so a picture will be up soon, sorry.

Could you possibly make a video?

#263036 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Airsoftguy777 on 24 January 2010 - 09:29 PM in Modifications

Just finished this about an hour ago.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

It's a cpvc'd Maverick with a black base coat with green and gold detailing, and silver dry brushed for a metal look.

(all done with testors acrylic paint except for base coat)

PS. I couldnt find a good mode on my camera.

#264090 Weird Ass Recon Break

Posted by Airsoftguy777 on 01 February 2010 - 09:21 PM in Off Topic

That happens all the time. Thats why that one guy is selling aluminum plungers.

#264168 Extra Mega Missile

Posted by Airsoftguy777 on 02 February 2010 - 07:11 PM in General Nerf

Heres a link http://www.hasbro.co...m.cfm?sku=61575

#264170 Arb

Posted by Airsoftguy777 on 02 February 2010 - 07:14 PM in Homemades

How well do you think this would work with a Cobra?

#264504 Tsbno Updated! We Have A New Location!

Posted by Airsoftguy777 on 06 February 2010 - 01:14 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there.

#264509 Tsbno Updated! We Have A New Location!

Posted by Airsoftguy777 on 06 February 2010 - 03:39 PM in Nerf Wars

I still like the name FAT: Foam Across Texas.

Count me in, but I might have to buy a shitload of darts off of somebody.

I will be selling some darts.

#264541 Tsbno Updated! We Have A New Location!

Posted by Airsoftguy777 on 06 February 2010 - 08:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Ignore.

#265606 Bbbb Barrel Material

Posted by Airsoftguy777 on 16 February 2010 - 11:34 AM in General Nerf

17/32 tends to not be as tight as CPVC. But you have to think about how much brass costs and if your willing to pay that. I hope I helped.

#265898 Modding A Mav

Posted by Airsoftguy777 on 18 February 2010 - 04:09 PM in Modifications

We have a thread for this. http://nerfhaven.com...97&hl=directory

#266354 Tek 6 Re-barrel Problems

Posted by Airsoftguy777 on 21 February 2010 - 06:36 PM in Modifications

Boiling water definatley does not wok on these. Do you have a dremel? Because its gonna take alot of dremeling to get this thing right.

#266366 Tek 6 Re-barrel Problems

Posted by Airsoftguy777 on 21 February 2010 - 08:15 PM in Modifications

Well I'm glad one person paid attention to the post. The turret itself is one piece and the pegs are glued in from the back. So unless boiling water magically makes the barrels expand enough to fit cpvc, I am forced to thank Airsoftguy777 for confirming my fears.

No problem and for CPVC your probaly going to have to cut down to the turret slip. So i suggest just covering the slip in hotglue. Or i could sell you an already CPVC'd turret for pretty cheap if you have PayPal.

#266438 Tek 6 Re-barrel Problems

Posted by Airsoftguy777 on 22 February 2010 - 09:05 AM in Modifications

All i did was cut down to the rotation mech and leave th little slivers of plastic that hold the slip clutch then I glued the shit out of it. So you can no longer rotate it by hand but thats not that big of a deal.

#266476 Tek 6 Re-barrel Problems

Posted by Airsoftguy777 on 22 February 2010 - 06:07 PM in Modifications

Yeah, I noticed those tabs, right after I cut throught them last night. Thankfully it's not gong back in the tek 6
so I dont have to be too picky about the rotation. At least its rear loading now, which is honestly the only reason I'm still working on it.

May I ask what this will be going on?

#266967 Best Barrel For Stock Darts?

Posted by Airsoftguy777 on 25 February 2010 - 09:55 PM in Modifications

I find that Buzz Bee darts tend to be more consistent, and more well constructed than Nerf brand darts.

And the fact that Buzzbee weights there darts with plastic.

#266969 Ping Pong Gun -> Nerf Gun

Posted by Airsoftguy777 on 25 February 2010 - 10:02 PM in Homemades

That is awesome. It seems as if its a reverse plunger, am i correct? And your darts are very...intresting I might have to try the ones where you left foam at the top.

#266975 Ping Pong Gun -> Nerf Gun

Posted by Airsoftguy777 on 25 February 2010 - 10:10 PM in Homemades

That is awesome. It seems as if its a reverse plunger, am i correct? And your darts are very...intresting I might have to try the ones where you left foam at the top.

It is a reverse plunger, and I'd only recommend the copper darts if you're into slightly more painful nerfing. They're pretty heavy and they get pretty fast, but they are topped by foam at least.

I dont think they would hurt more than typical stefans. And how old is that? I didnt know they knew about reverse plungers "Back in the day" since nerf just recently started using them.

#267054 Removing Super Glue Connecting Brass And Plastic

Posted by Airsoftguy777 on 26 February 2010 - 04:22 PM in General Nerf

Gorilla glue? Thats some heavy duty stuff. Your best bet is to Dremel/Sand or use a razor blade to get it out.

#267061 Removing Super Glue Connecting Brass And Plastic

Posted by Airsoftguy777 on 26 February 2010 - 04:40 PM in General Nerf

Gorilla glue? Thats some heavy duty stuff. Your best bet is to Dremel/Sand or use a razor blade to get it out.

How do you dremel it if its connected on the inside of the dart chamber?

Cut the brass if it isnt that important to you, or maybe try to heat the brass to melt the glue.

#267096 Removing Super Glue Connecting Brass And Plastic

Posted by Airsoftguy777 on 26 February 2010 - 08:49 PM in General Nerf

First try nail polish remover.

I know it's much more gravitated to paint removal, but I've had luck at least loosening super glue. And it's relatively plastic-safe.

And try dipping it in boiling water.

The kind of nail polish remover you want would be pure acetone. Which is not plastic safe, it will start to dissolve it, but as long as you try to keep it away from plastic and quickly remove any acetone that does come in contact with the plastic, you should be fine.

I haven't tried it myself, but I remember a model-making tutorial on Games Workshop's site that mentioned putting the pieces into the freezer to make the superglue brittle before trying to seperate them.

I can imagine the outcome of that.
Roommate: Why the fuck is some metal and plastic in the freezer!
You: Um, It's my angel breech.
Roommate: Then why is it in the fridge?
That would be a intresting conversation.

Wow that was not the least bit funny.

Wouldn't putting it in the freezer significantly shrink the brass? Just wondering before I try it.

No. Not significantly. Besides, don't you want it to come off?

True. How long should I keep it in overnight our just an hour?

You said you used Gorilla glue correct? If so I dont think freezing it will do much, try dipping it in boiling water.

#267103 Removing Super Glue Connecting Brass And Plastic

Posted by Airsoftguy777 on 26 February 2010 - 09:12 PM in General Nerf

Gorrilla glue is stronger than most plastic. I recommend a hammer.

So can I not do anything with my longshot now that my dart chamber is welded to a piece of brass?

I wouldnt say that I used to make Bows so I used gorilla glue all the time, it comes off fine with a knife you should try to use an exacto blade.

#267153 Removing Super Glue Connecting Brass And Plastic

Posted by Airsoftguy777 on 27 February 2010 - 01:36 AM in General Nerf

sorry man i thoguht there was only one page, single it. it'll give you range and save you your money

But lose the best part about LongShots, the ROF.

#267204 Cobra Vs Titan

Posted by Airsoftguy777 on 27 February 2010 - 11:51 AM in Modifications

Cobras are alot more powerful, and they take less pumps then a titan.

#267500 Tsbno Updated! We Have A New Location!

Posted by Airsoftguy777 on 01 March 2010 - 06:18 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll probably be there, the time works out and all, so I'm probably going to make it. But I have to ask, why no slingshot weighted darts? They're a lot more practical since they're about 5 times cheaper than fishing weights, and you don't have to use 2 or 3 of them like you do with BBs or order the supplies in huge amounts from McMaster like for Slugs. I've seen the argument that they make guns too powerful or whatever, but I really think gun limitations can balance that out.

I completely agree with you. I've been discussing this with him over skype but he wont give in. I say bring them anyway.

#267695 Hitler Finds Out About The Nerf Longstrike And Deploy

Posted by Airsoftguy777 on 02 March 2010 - 10:27 PM in Off Topic

This video is so awesome I'm speechless.

I second that.

#268012 New Barelling Material

Posted by Airsoftguy777 on 04 March 2010 - 01:30 PM in Modifications

*Pays fee and enjoys the show*

edit: VACC beat me.

#268130 N-strike Magazines

Posted by Airsoftguy777 on 05 March 2010 - 11:57 AM in Modifications

For those of you who have used these magazines, the problem I am about to discuss will relate to you. As the magazine is loaded, the force on the darts it get heavier and heavier. The mags are made to hold 6 rounds, but you might be able to squeeze in one more. As the magazine is loaded, though, it forces the follower to push directly in the center of the dart, which is often the result of jams if the dart is not perfectly straight.

Magazine mods that I've seen (that combine two mags into one) are nice, but still present the same problem, and will do so more in depth than the original mag.

Here's my thoughts:
Boltsniper used a constant force spring in his mags for the beautiful works he did. Now, by replacing the stock mag spring with a constant force spring of the right tension, each dart will have the same amount of force applied to it, which will cut down on jamming. But the added advantage is that these springs tend to compress just a little bit further, meaning that the magazine will comfortable hold more rounds instead of the standard 6. I'm estimating at least two extra rounds per mag.

Of course, the mag mod will require a longer spring, but it might net the addition of 5 or more extra darts with the same tension.

I'm gonna work on this over the weekend since I have three magazines for my Recon. If I fail, I'm not at a total loss. I will post in this topic when it is complete, along with a how-to if it is successful.

In the mean time, why don't you guys share your thoughts on doing this with the mags...

Try a spiral notebook spring.

#268346 Tsbno Updated! We Have A New Location!

Posted by Airsoftguy777 on 07 March 2010 - 02:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Update: Slingshot weighted darts are now legal.

Of course right after I go out and buy zinc BB's...I hate you.

#268412 Tsbno Updated! We Have A New Location!

Posted by Airsoftguy777 on 07 March 2010 - 08:17 PM in Nerf Wars

What time is this war going to start/end? My parents need times to see if they can take me.

My guess from what Ive been hearing from him on Skype is around 11:00-12:00

#268445 Cpvc, Hard To Find?

Posted by Airsoftguy777 on 07 March 2010 - 10:23 PM in General Nerf

I don't know if this is just in America, but in Home Depot they only have PVC. At Ace Hardware they usually have CPVC. :) Hope I was of assistance.

I almost always get my CPVC from Home Depot.

#268925 Tsbno Updated! We Have A New Location!

Posted by Airsoftguy777 on 12 March 2010 - 05:34 PM in Nerf Wars

I need the war Thursday or later.

To other people: if you state when you can come, people may be able to change the schedule.

Also: I might bring 1 or 2 people.

Hmm idk about this. The majority of our people need it to be on wenesday. But we will try to work something out.

#268935 Re-re-re-re-re-barreling A Titan

Posted by Airsoftguy777 on 12 March 2010 - 07:30 PM in Modifications

First things first, this has probably been done before but I haven't looked at anything close to this type of thing.
I am basically just putting a barrel on the titan.
The materials needed will be:

-Stock NF barrel (or barrel of your choice)
-Hot glue gun/ about 6 sticks of glue (I am absolutely CRAZY about leaks)
-Maverick faux barrel or stabilizer that can fit a Buzz Bee dart shell in it (Orange front piece where darts leave the actual gun)
-Duct tape
-Patience (Something I don't have)
-Nerf Titan of course
-Buzz bee dart shell (What the dart is put in)
-Cutting tool of choice

It is easier for me to post links (I don't know how to insert pics into a post)

Anyways, on to the "mod". First, you'll need to untwist the stock barrel off of the Titan.
(No pic, pretty self explanatory)

Next you'll have to cut down the Buzz Bee shell like so:

http://s813.photobuc...03.jpg&newest=1

http://s813.photobuc...04.jpg&newest=1

(It is basically to the point where it gets to be thicker or 1 5/16")

Now take your faux barrel (or something to keep everything straight) and insert the buzz bee shell and glue it in like so:

http://s813.photobuc...01.jpg&newest=1

The glue is on the other side. And you probably guessed it, the Buzz Bee shell is to reduce dead space by a little bit.

Now hot glue the NF barrel on to where the shell is slightly skinnier.(The shell should go on almost perfectly)

http://s813.photobuc...06.jpg&newest=1

Put on the duct tape for extra support and make it less sloppy and you're done!

RANGES:
These ranges were taken with ordinary streamlines:
*Shot 1: (With 6 pumps) 71' 6"
*Shot 2: (With 6 pumps) 74' 3"
Shot 3: (With 10 pumps) 113' 5"
Shot 4: (With 10 pumps) 109' 11"
Shot 5: (With 15 pumps) 151' 8 "
*Most accurate range*

More pics:

http://s813.photobuc...08.jpg&newest=1
First person View looking at my dog.

http://s813.photobuc...05.jpg&newest=1
General look at the gun.

Very, very happy with it.

Any errors or problems, please don't hesitate to tell me!

So its just a really crappy singeled Titan.

#268944 Re-re-re-re-re-barreling A Titan

Posted by Airsoftguy777 on 12 March 2010 - 08:32 PM in Modifications

Quoting the error message I get when trying to view your pictures:

The action you have tried to perform has failed.

............................,.-”............................ .......“-.,............
.........................,/.................................. .............”:,........
.....................,?...................................... ................\,.....
.................../......................................... ..................,}....
................./........................................... ...........,:`^`..}....
.............../............................................. ......,:”........./.....
..............?.....__....................................... ..:`.........../.....
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:` ........../........
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`.... ...._/...........
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/... .}...........
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”......... ...../............
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}.......... ..../.............
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(...... ;_,,-”...............
............/.`~,......`-...............................\.... ../\...................
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./ .....\,__...........
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|.. ............`=~-,....
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\..... ...................
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\. ......................
................................`:,,......................... ..`\..............__..
.....................................`=-,..................., %`>--==``.......
........................................_\..........._,-%.... ...`\...............
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``...... ..........`\..............

My dad,(he built a computer from scratch) being really good at computers, he has NO clue what this could be...

EDIT: Heheh, when a mod like Talio gets on I will probably be suspended or banned for a pointless topic.

It means Facepalm, and how would it be funny if you got banned.

#268958 How To Delete Your Own Account

Posted by Airsoftguy777 on 12 March 2010 - 09:57 PM in Site Feedback

Cool man thanks. The reason I ask is because I was told that deleting your own account is possible. I was curios but it turns out it's not. I just wanted to make sure.

I do however keep getting comments like the one you made about poking the bear with a stick. What's that about? Do I have to watch what I say or something?

I think this may have taken the place of most retarded topic ever.

#268996 Tsbno Updated! We Have A New Location!

Posted by Airsoftguy777 on 13 March 2010 - 11:38 AM in Nerf Wars

I need the war Thursday or later.

To other people: if you state when you can come, people may be able to change the schedule.

Also: I might bring 1 or 2 people.

Hmm idk about this. The majority of our people need it to be on wenesday. But we will try to work something out.

I second wing'd man, my dad has a ton of work and it would be basically impossible for Wednesday to work for me.

This was the whole point of the poll, to pick a date that's good for you. Fatnerfer said we might (and that's a slim might) push the war back.