DjOnslaught's Content

There have been 321 items by DjOnslaught (Search limited from 12-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#356122 Your thoughts on the Accustrike darts?

Posted by DjOnslaught on 05 October 2016 - 07:08 PM in Darts and Barrels

I think they will wobble horrendously out of any sort of canted flywheel cage.

#357326 XP180 shaft question

Posted by DjOnslaught on 26 December 2016 - 08:21 PM in Modifications

Xp180 were the motors most used for that size before hellcats became available

#351436 Would anyone be interested in an ammo counter kit?

Posted by DjOnslaught on 10 February 2016 - 10:41 AM in Modifications

The counting up would likely be standard since to count down it requires additional sensors installed and a mag mod.

I don't know about different size segment 7 displays I have only seen them in 1 size.

#351456 Would anyone be interested in an ammo counter kit?

Posted by DjOnslaught on 11 February 2016 - 08:46 AM in Modifications

Measured them, they're 9.5x13mm.
Heres 2 on the back of my Rayven.
7seg.jpg

That's sweet looking, wouldn't be hard to include a reset switch near the mag release button especially in some battery guns

#354021 Wiring/Microswitch Question

Posted by DjOnslaught on 07 June 2016 - 07:33 AM in Modifications

Yes you will need a minimum 10amp rated microswitching (sometimes referred to as a roller switch) there is no need for a batter that big when you can get a standard 2s lipo that is small enough to fit in the batteryear tray with minor modding (there is also a 3d printed door replacement you can get.)

#354043 Wiring/Microswitch Question

Posted by DjOnslaught on 08 June 2016 - 04:48 AM in Modifications

Nobody has given him an exact response for what to buy, so...

I have ordered from these links before, both work as expected.

18 AWG wire (Black and red): http://www.banggood....e-p-921159.html
18AWG is all you need. The resistance wont worry you anyway, no point wasting that extra money and space inside your blaster.

Microswitch: http://www.ebay.com....m//321705842639
The microswitch is rated high enough for the job. Ive used higher rated switches before, no noticeable difference between them.

I gave him exact responses, I didn't mention brands or provide links because both are available at local stores such as radio shack and possibly Fry's type store, especially since he mentioned radio shack specifically.

#354036 Wiring/Microswitch Question

Posted by DjOnslaught on 07 June 2016 - 03:01 PM in Modifications

Make sure your wire is silicon insulated, due to the flexibility needed to bend it around without worry. Amps are the important part of the switch, needs to be rated for 10-16 amps

#354252 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by DjOnslaught on 16 June 2016 - 05:00 AM in Modifications

Is the tubing used in air guns such as the Titan and Hornet the vinyl tubing mentioned earlier in this thread?

#353789 What to do about that glue!

Posted by DjOnslaught on 27 May 2016 - 11:19 AM in Modifications

I saw a video (Bay Area Nerf, maybe?) where they submerged a Hammershot for five minutes, melting the gun entirely... by the time they tried to pull the gun apart with two vehicles I realized they were being facetious.

Even so, I don't want to ruin my 2K... unfortunately I can't get the barrels off to be able to cut where I want to until the glued piece is removed.

I'll try the dipping method... thanks for the tips guys.

Solvent welding works by changing the chemical bonding of the plastic so the pieces rebound together, heating the plastic and inserting the water will break those bonds and allow the method to work, just monitor it closely

#354910 What switches should i use for a 3s and xp180s

Posted by DjOnslaught on 10 July 2016 - 07:58 AM in Modifications

Uxcell a13060600ux0523 16 Amp 4 Amp 250VAC 1NO+1NC Screw Connector Actuator Limit Micro Switch (5 Piece) https://www.amazon.c...a_dyKGxbNGS9HAX. These are the non roller version of those switches your looking for.

But if you can't find then CaptainSlug's relay trick works great for the application

#353948 Vucan / Havokfire modification!

Posted by DjOnslaught on 03 June 2016 - 03:34 PM in General Nerf

If you were able to 3d print the chains you could prolly sell them

#353935 Vucan / Havokfire modification!

Posted by DjOnslaught on 03 June 2016 - 04:40 AM in General Nerf

Is it really that bad?

#350807 Trustfires or Ultrafires or IMR?

Posted by DjOnslaught on 16 January 2016 - 02:15 PM in Modifications

Is this a normal unmodded demolisher, or doesn't have just basic mods (lock removal, etc)?

Mixing batteryou brands and types is never good, mixing trustfire and generic AA could have damaged your motors.

So the question is, does it still rev if you use just generic AA batteries?

#350898 Trustfires or Ultrafires or IMR?

Posted by DjOnslaught on 19 January 2016 - 09:36 AM in Modifications

Good demolisher rewire tutorial: https://www.youtube....h?v=fsj_G2gGxoc

Never rewire while a battery is attached. Follow that rule, and cuttin g a wire will never result in things blowing up.

After a rewire, always test with normal AA batteries first. If they heat up or act weird, you have a short (which would be bad with the various lithium batteries). If everything seems good, then put in your NiMH'lithium/whatever batteries.

"protected" trustfires

It is also wise to run each wire individually and use a voltmeter to check continuity individually, then once all the wires are ran, check the entire circuit for it before soldering to the battery connection.

You can prevent shorts by using heartstrings at each connection instead of etape and leaving space between your wiresite as you run them.

#351074 Trouble putting back together Alpha Trooper CS-18

Posted by DjOnslaught on 24 January 2016 - 09:34 AM in Modifications

What issue are you having? Is it the spring not fitting properly?

#355130 Trishula: 3 rods and 3 kinds of springs

Posted by DjOnslaught on 21 July 2016 - 04:15 PM in Homemades

Since the plunger system is backwards, does that make it a reverse plunger? Over all the system looks like what the mega centurion should have functioned like.

Still heavily interested in this blaster.

#355140 Trishula: 3 rods and 3 kinds of springs

Posted by DjOnslaught on 22 July 2016 - 08:29 AM in Homemades

No

Well the function seems the same just a different mechanism for it, the tube moves to compress the spring instead of the plunger rod...
Maybe I just misread it though

#350062 TR-27 GRYPHON - CR-18 Rapidstrike Mod

Posted by DjOnslaught on 19 December 2015 - 05:14 PM in Modifications

As someone who is looking to both mod and make a homemade nerf gun, this project intrigues me heavily.

#353830 TR-27 GRYPHON - CR-18 Rapidstrike Mod

Posted by DjOnslaught on 29 May 2016 - 11:55 AM in Modifications

This continues to be my spare time hobby.  I've almost finished a home made reflow oven so that I might begin making my own PCBs. But the project is moving slow.  For that I'm sorry everyone, I know many of you have expressed interest in this endeavor.  I do intend to complete it, and I will contact you all when it is completed.

Thank you all!  And enjoy playing Nerf!

- Technician Gimmick

Glad your still working on this buddy. I might be messaging you to do a little coding for me soon.

#354080 Titan tank

Posted by DjOnslaught on 09 June 2016 - 01:12 PM in General Nerf

Not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this, but does anyone know the dimensions and volume of the Titan air tank?

#351569 thoughts of the Vulcan

Posted by DjOnslaught on 16 February 2016 - 07:24 PM in General Nerf

ok so a large catch/feed bag like BritNerf's box would be a good idea. 
from what i see the chain sections are the breach/chamber. do the darts fit nice and snug? could this be why the blaster's inconsistent.

i do have one coming. hope it gets here soon.

The chain feed mechanism breaks to easily and from what I can glean the feed motor is weak. If both could be beefed up you might be able to do it but it's likely still not gonna be good for anything but spot protection in a capture the flag style game.

#356123 The Modding Mistakes Thread

Posted by DjOnslaught on 05 October 2016 - 07:11 PM in Modifications

Trying to be gentle and breaking tabs off of motors you thought you fully desoldered and had not.

Not triple checking the battery housing of a rapid strike and fusing the batteries to the tray because a piece of wire slipped in and caused a short

#349661 The Elite Alpha Rayven

Posted by DjOnslaught on 25 November 2015 - 03:11 PM in Modifications

Looks pretty cool. How come you lined up the 2 shells the way you did though? I'm curious because it looks like you could have moved the EAT forward some and down to keep a bit more of the rayven shell and have at least a little of its tacrail usable

#349833 The Elite Alpha Rayven

Posted by DjOnslaught on 04 December 2015 - 03:13 PM in Modifications

I couldn't move the EAT anymore forward without making the rayvens thumbhole stock unable to reach the handle and I didnt want to build a peice to bridge the gap with an odd looking peice. As Far as moving the rayven down it would have make the back peice of the alpha trooper stick out or even interfere with the plunger rod.

oh ok I see what your saying. The pictures were a bit decieving in that regard. I actually was starting to consider a similiar mod, but I was gonna try and use the actual trigger and housing from a mega centurion for it, but same basic principle otherwise.

#350597 The C.L.E.A.R

Posted by DjOnslaught on 08 January 2016 - 01:45 PM in Homemades

If your getting to much light, might want to try a thicker o ring sufficiently lubed in order to create a better seal

#353501 The BEST upgrade motor for the Stryfe (after extensive testing) is...

Posted by DjOnslaught on 16 May 2016 - 08:10 AM in Modifications

It doesn't really need one. The stock motor can handle way more than the gears the motor drives can.

Like jwasko said, you need to upgrade the stampede gear cogs before you need to upgrade the motor even if you upgrade the springs.

#353115 The BEST upgrade motor for the Stryfe (after extensive testing) is...

Posted by DjOnslaught on 28 April 2016 - 11:12 AM in Modifications

A little confused on this, are you basically saying make sure that the circuit isn't going to try to draw more than the batteries are capable of out-putting?

Also, as far as the circuit is concerned, it's probably best to minimize resistance by going larger on the circuits (wire gauge, switches) than what the motors can draw/batteries can output, right? Meaning, even if 18 ga wire will work, 16 ga wire/higher amp rating components will provide a better flow... correct?

That's exactly what I'm saying if your batteries put more out then you need your better off and everything lasts longer.

Not nessacarily on the wire and resistance. Don't over complicate your circuit to increase the resistance.

#353066 The BEST upgrade motor for the Stryfe (after extensive testing) is...

Posted by DjOnslaught on 26 April 2016 - 04:46 PM in Modifications

Wow that's not what I expected, at least between the regular/pro Eneloops, figured it'd be the other way around. Guess I'll have to get the standard ones out and give it a go. Double bonus as they supposedly have more recharge cycles than the pros as well.

Would you consider it necessary to upgrade anything else running these 130's with NiMH batteries? Wiring? Switches? I know thermistors/locks/etc need to go... I was wondering if, while I have them gutted, for the sake of minimizing resistance/maximizing rev speed/time, if I should open up the circuits a bit more?

Thanks!

When using the voltage and amp output from the batteries always upgrade the wiring to a minimum of 20ga (stock blasters use 22ga) though 16-18 gauge is optimal. Switch upgrades depend on the upgrade, if the amperage is the same you can keep the stock switches if your upping that at all then a switch upgrade is called for, always remember to have you batteries output higher then the circuit wants.

#356416 Stuck screw

Posted by DjOnslaught on 25 October 2016 - 08:23 AM in Modifications

Lol I don't have a drill. Even if I did I probably won't do it.

what? 2 screws on the bottom won't come out. I just want to upgrade the spring and seals not disassemble it completely.

Thanks but what I'm hearing is... I'm screwed.
Goddamn it the triad costs 12 dollars in Korea...

Even if you got all 3 screws out the plate is glued on (which heat can help with as well as loosening the screws should any threadless be present.)

#351075 Stryfe vs. Brute: What should I get?

Posted by DjOnslaught on 24 January 2016 - 09:42 AM in General Nerf

If you own a stryfe, get him a brute.

#355683 Stryfe Mod - 3D Printed FWC

Posted by DjOnslaught on 21 August 2016 - 03:01 PM in Modifications

I do most of my nerfing during HvZ at my college. It's at UMBC on Mondays and Thursdays at 7 if you ever want to come by. We have a larger invitational event in the spring as well.

Would certainly like to go to Apoc one day though.

The southern md house of nerf does monthly battles anyone in the area is welcome.

#355447 Stryfe Mod - 3D Printed FWC

Posted by DjOnslaught on 09 August 2016 - 02:41 PM in Modifications

My big question is why did you need the relay? Was it because of the motor being a size above 130 (appear to be 180s maybe) or is it cause of your battery?

#355682 Stryfe Mod - 3D Printed FWC

Posted by DjOnslaught on 21 August 2016 - 02:57 PM in Modifications

I haven't had a problem using hot glue to hold in a microswitch either, as long as the I modified the shells so that they were both "sandwiching" the microswitch with the hot glue merely acting like something to hold it in place for the shells to do their work.

That's how I did it too in my rayven

#355534 Stryfe Mod - 3D Printed FWC

Posted by DjOnslaught on 15 August 2016 - 03:15 AM in Modifications

If I'm not mistaken you should have only used the brass at the ejection site of the dart out of the flywheels, not threw the entire length of the cage.

#355692 Stryfe Mod - 3D Printed FWC

Posted by DjOnslaught on 22 August 2016 - 04:44 AM in Modifications

Use a larger head screw and a washer one the back side should rescue that plate no problem. The thing is you could have flipped that switch 90 degrees and not had to cut the plate.

I will try and get a pic when I get home tonight of what I mean

#355579 Stryfe Mod - 3D Printed FWC

Posted by DjOnslaught on 17 August 2016 - 06:47 AM in Modifications

You're very welcome!  I remember about a year or two ago I looked at a long list of CAD software and tried to pick out the "best" one.  I have chosen wisely.

It looks like I'll only be able to work on the design on the weekends, so I will be curious to find out how other people improve it.

MAV and DjOnslaught, I wonder when the next war in Maryland will be. Baltimore, NYC, the NJ shore, and York, PA are all within a 2 hour drive from Trevose, PA.

Look up southern md house of nerf on facebook they have a war this saturday

#355679 Stryfe Mod - 3D Printed FWC

Posted by DjOnslaught on 21 August 2016 - 01:14 PM in Modifications

I went to this war (in Waldorf, MD) and had a blast, but not with my Stryfe.  During round 1, I learned the hard way that I shouldn't use hot glue to secure a microswitch.  Fortunately, I had a secondary.  I fought the entire war with my Strongarm and two pockets full of rolled up socks.

I've had zero issues with hot glue holding micro switches. What happened to yours? Daniel (the head of the group, might have been able to help also)

#352923 Stryfe Mag Release Extender

Posted by DjOnslaught on 21 April 2016 - 02:45 PM in Modifications

Great idea for a mod. I may be doing that to mine at some point. Bet it would work in other guns with similar mag release systems

#355807 Stryfe Kriss Vector Kit, Paint, and Internals Mod "Kookies 'n

Posted by DjOnslaught on 25 August 2016 - 06:15 PM in Modifications

I'm running rhino 130s on and 14500 imrs and I can run 2 batteries for solid performance. 3 is insane.

#350576 Straight Pistol Blaster, Help!

Posted by DjOnslaught on 07 January 2016 - 11:31 AM in Homemades

http://nerf.wikia.com/wiki/Manta_Ray. This is the gun i reference earlier and there are modsome available in the mod directory of that forum that show the internals. It seems like a toned down version of what your looking for.