The Elite Alpha Rayven

An EAT and Rayven Integration

10 replies to this topic

#1 Telerran

Telerran

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 11:59 AM

This project was my second integration. I always loved the Rayven stock but wasn't a huge fan of flywheels, so I wanted to ingrate the stock into a springer and when the EAT hit the market again I thought this was the perfect chance. This isn't a full write up but I think it's got pictures of the important steps so that if you wanted to you do this integration you could use those as a starting point. Also sorry for the crappy picture quality if people are interested I might be able to borrow a better camera for more pictures of the finished project

These two photos show the trimmed Rayven being hot glued to the back of the EAT. The EAT is mostly untouched except for the handle's sling point which I cut off and the cap on the back which I removed for better fit.

Posted Image
Posted Image

This picture shows the putty before I smoothed it.

Posted Image

I know I skipped a step here but this is the blaster after I smoothed out the putty, sanded it, and put a base coat of black vinyl dye on it. I also got rid of the sling point on the shotgun grip because I think it looks and feels more ergonomic without it

Posted Image

Detailed it with a dark blue enamel and gave it an enamel clear coat. Also it's barely visible on the second picture but there is a raven stenciled in on the Rayven magwell

Posted Image
Posted Image

If I missed anything and you guys have questions feel free to ask about the blaster with a reply or pm

Edited by Telerran, 07 November 2015 - 12:00 PM.

#2 thesnoopcian

thesnoopcian

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 12:20 PM

Is it a springer?
BRUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 Telerran

Telerran

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 12:23 PM

Is it a springer?

Yes it is using the EAT Internals thinking about using the Rayven battery tray to put LEDs in it when I have some time

#4 Brimstone Omega

Brimstone Omega

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 07:23 PM

I like it! Very cool looking and now you have a decent stock to give you a stable point to prime from, which if you put some crazy springs in there may be needed. Man, I need to pick up some more Rayvens, at least thier shells, i love what everyone is doing with those things.

#5 Snoop Doggy doge

Snoop Doggy doge

Fig you, Van

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 08:53 AM

Those are some smooth epoxy line, looks sub-optimal but need a brighter blue for a bit more pop or it's the photos.. Great job!

#6 pdpfeifer

pdpfeifer

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 04:12 PM

I like the idea of adding LED's, it'll add a little pop to the paint job.

#7 Felix the cat

Felix the cat

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 03:11 AM

Wish I could find more rayvens, I like this enough to try one out myself!

#8 Xenon

Xenon

Xenon131

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 06:03 PM

What a great shell to make a Quad rayven. 

#9 DjOnslaught

DjOnslaught

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 03:11 PM

Looks pretty cool. How come you lined up the 2 shells the way you did though? I'm curious because it looks like you could have moved the EAT forward some and down to keep a bit more of the rayven shell and have at least a little of its tacrail usable

#10 Telerran

Telerran

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 07:57 PM

Looks pretty cool. How come you lined up the 2 shells the way you did though? I'm curious because it looks like you could have moved the EAT forward some and down to keep a bit more of the rayven shell and have at least a little of its tacrail usable

I couldn't move the EAT anymore forward without making the rayvens thumbhole stock unable to reach the handle and I didnt want to build a peice to bridge the gap with an odd looking peice. As Far as moving the rayven down it would have make the back peice of the alpha trooper stick out or even interfere with the plunger rod.

#11 DjOnslaught

DjOnslaught

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 03:13 PM

I couldn't move the EAT anymore forward without making the rayvens thumbhole stock unable to reach the handle and I didnt want to build a peice to bridge the gap with an odd looking peice. As Far as moving the rayven down it would have make the back peice of the alpha trooper stick out or even interfere with the plunger rod.

oh ok I see what your saying. The pictures were a bit decieving in that regard. I actually was starting to consider a similiar mod, but I was gonna try and use the actual trigger and housing from a mega centurion for it, but same basic principle otherwise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users