Cannonball's Content

There have been 300 items by Cannonball (Search limited from 27-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#298512 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Cannonball on 24 May 2011 - 03:44 PM in Modifications

Finally got around to messing with My Just Toys crossbow.
Posted Image

the Raider stock is attached to one side of the shell. I plan on adding a strip of polycarbonate to the crossbow that will stretch across and connect to the stock via a screw so it's a little sturdier.

Can't speak for ranges too much, but with the stock spring and a Rfsg spring it can send darts smacking the wall down the hall out of my lower power homebrew hopper. Still working the kinks out of it though.

#265804 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Cannonball on 17 February 2010 - 08:36 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've been keeping this one under my hat for a couple of months now, but since I don't have too much time to perfect it, I figure I'd just put up what I've got. It's an at3k and a signal launcher tank, hooked up to a dual action bike pump. They're both separated by their own individual ball valve. (you can see the one linked to the at3k tank at the top. The one hooked up to the signal launcher tank is attached to the other side of the shell.) That allows me to pump each individually. I didn't have any check valves so I worked with what I had.

For some reason, turrets seem to hate me, but this one turned out alright. The rotation mech. is a little finicky, but it still works. I haven't ranged tested it officially, but from what I've seen; it's doing an exceptional job of putting my darts downrange. The signal launcher tank is set up with a ball barrel. It does it's job. I've been having more than my share of problems with the pump so I might just change it out when I finally decide to actually perfect it.

And every Frankensteinish blaster needs a flowery tabletop.

#126109 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Cannonball on 14 October 2007 - 12:43 AM in Modifications

I've been checking the forums out for a while now so I thought I should at least put something up. Here's my Longshot and Nitefinder.

Posted Image

#141788 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Cannonball on 21 February 2008 - 06:45 PM in Modifications

If my eyes don't deceive me, slug put an old edition and new edition tech target shell together to form one gun. I get the name now. May I ask what happened? I'll edit with pictures later so this post isn't completely stealing space.

#303823 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Cannonball on 25 August 2011 - 04:28 PM in Modifications

Tank expanded, knock-off Sonic Bazooka. One of my more ambitious projects. I wasn't sure it would work out, but it sure did! I wanted a cheap and easy primary-worthy blaster to bolster my dwindling fleet of loaners.

Posted Image

It's a little awkward to hold at first, but it isn't too hard to handle. The handle is a wee bit small though.

Posted Image

Found the blaster at Big Lots for $8. In total, the project cost me around $10, with the inclusion of the pvc fittings. All in all I think it's a success so far. Just took it out and it's hitting around 100 feet with 8-10 pumps. I'm sure it can do better, but I don't feel like I need to push it any farther. Going to officially put it through it's paces on Saturday.

Posted Image

#261321 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Cannonball on 09 January 2010 - 11:38 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yes, that is a double-barreled ball gun. No, it's not held together by hot glue. That's just the side that is meant to be removed in case I need to fix something.

It's not pretty, but it's survived 3 wars so far and has served it's purpose well. I've been meaning to paint it, but I've become quite fond of the blood stains that found their way on it during our last war.

#317402 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Cannonball on 23 June 2012 - 12:06 AM in Modifications

Got my Maximizer working again. Breaking the 100 ft mark consistently. Nothing crazy, but it shoots far enough.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#304710 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Cannonball on 14 September 2011 - 06:41 PM in Modifications

My SS2 with 9 in cpvc barrels.

Posted Image

And the secret barrel still works!

Posted Image

#126542 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Cannonball on 18 October 2007 - 12:31 AM in Modifications

Longbow, that LS looks amazing, I feel like I've seen it in a movie or something though.
Cannonball, nice LS mod. What did you use for the grip?

thanks man. It was actually the grip from an old spring airsoft grenade launcher that I had laying around.

#127771 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Cannonball on 28 October 2007 - 01:04 AM in Modifications

pretty sweet. I was going to do the four ammo holder into the crap light holder thing but keep the bottom ones as well. I ppked mine though. looks clean though.

#304709 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Cannonball on 14 September 2011 - 06:35 PM in Homemades

My finished Pumpsnap. Credit goes to Beaver for the superb design. sports a homemade hopper and a custom stained wood grip. Took me forever to get the thing up to snuff. Brought it to the last Socal war and was super disappointed that it wasn't getting the same range it was getting during testing. Upon inspection after the war, I discovered why. Apparently it sucked a dart out of my hopper and into the PT. Guess I'll have to give it another chance.

Posted Image

This thing is so ungodly long and unwieldy I was referring to it as my Lance the whole day. Because of this, I decided to name it Don Quixote.

Posted Image

#129771 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Cannonball on 15 November 2007 - 04:06 PM in Homemades

If I were You, I'd use the search function instead of posting in this thread without a gun to speak of. If you are looking to build one, I'd suggest studying what's been done via the homemade gun directory.

#141986 The Vulcan

Posted by Cannonball on 22 February 2008 - 03:14 PM in General Nerf

unless nerf has some how developed a miniature high-torque motor to pull back the longshot plunger that runs off of 6 D batteries then I doubt they are going to use a longshot plunger.

#141793 The Vulcan

Posted by Cannonball on 21 February 2008 - 07:06 PM in General Nerf

thank you sputnik. And I wasn't targeting your post specifically smeagolsaur. chill. I was just saying I don't think nerf guns should be compared to airsoft guns because they are almost completely different.

#142006 The Vulcan

Posted by Cannonball on 22 February 2008 - 05:28 PM in General Nerf

ya, but to fit inside the vulcan and be powered by D batteries?

#142291 The Vulcan

Posted by Cannonball on 23 February 2008 - 06:18 PM in General Nerf

I know SAW is weapon. and I stand corrected on the .30 cal part.

#141785 The Vulcan

Posted by Cannonball on 21 February 2008 - 06:41 PM in General Nerf

I don't know about you guys but I'm kind of tired of comparing this gun to the electric system of an airsoft gun. First, if you are reffering to a precision airsoft gun with high ranges, don't expect it to run off run-of-the-mill AA batteries, or even Ds for that matter. Secondly, the balistics are completely different. As for the firefly plunger tube, it is thinner than a nf plunger tube.

#142325 The Vulcan

Posted by Cannonball on 23 February 2008 - 09:55 PM in General Nerf

I don't think it would be that hard to convert it to run off of rechargeable batteries kind of like an RC car

#142296 The Vulcan

Posted by Cannonball on 23 February 2008 - 06:53 PM in General Nerf

Is it just me or is hasbro secretly trying to teach kids how to use squad automatic weaponesque nerf guns to train future soldiers?

I wonder what Hasbro was training us for back when animal-shaped guns shot darts. :unsure:

you stumped me on that one. :unsure:

#142282 The Vulcan

Posted by Cannonball on 23 February 2008 - 05:53 PM in General Nerf

Is it just me or is hasbro secretly trying to teach kids how to use squad automatic weaponesque nerf guns to train future soldiers?

Now on to the serious stuff. The gun kind of looks cumbersome, but I think it would be a good and challenging addition to any indoor war. Stock or otherwise, it'll be letting out a good amount of foam which won't easily be dodged.

Lol, of course it's supposed to be cumbersome, it's modeled after a .50 CAL machine gun and it has a tripod. Mabye with quite a bit of minimization this gun could be wielded comfortably but until then this is going to be an important weapon to wield whe defending a flag.

We try to stay away from aim speak here. In anycase, I think it's modeled more after the squad automatic weapon which is .30 cal I believe. It sure does look it.

#142231 The Vulcan

Posted by Cannonball on 23 February 2008 - 02:50 PM in General Nerf

Now on to the serious stuff. The gun kind of looks cumbersome, but I think it would be a good and challenging addition to any indoor war. Stock or otherwise, it'll be letting out a good amount of foam which won't easily be dodged.

#141663 The Vulcan

Posted by Cannonball on 21 February 2008 - 12:43 AM in General Nerf

You might as well get a razorbeast then and save yourself some time.

#141669 The Vulcan

Posted by Cannonball on 21 February 2008 - 01:06 AM in General Nerf

from the looks of the vulcan, a crank would be awkward and would not greatly increase the power of the thing. I don't think a blaster of this caliber would be suited for people used to light weight weapons in either case.

#141028 The Vulcan

Posted by Cannonball on 18 February 2008 - 01:57 PM in General Nerf

Thanks for posting the same pic that I did, Angel, and then pointing out the LS handle (just like I did)...

In the cleavage-less pic that Angel and I posted,

I have been pretty focused on reading this thread as I am very excited about seeing the new gun and had never seen you post photos here or mention on the Longshot handle. I just went over the entire thread and have not seen that photo posted before. Maybe you could link me to this imaginary post you made, where I copied everything you did.

And about the cleavage thing. It is not cleavage on a guy, those are Pecs!

Not picking sides or anything, but...

Anyway, I'm sure 6 D batteries can do quite a lot in terms of pulling back a plunger tube, but I wonder how fast.
How many batteries does it take to power a typical AEG?

Usually it's a set of rechargeable lithium batteries that are bundled together.

#212465 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Cannonball on 15 February 2009 - 04:23 PM in General Nerf

kind of looks like a glorified recon to me.

#179248 +bow: Diy Thread

Posted by Cannonball on 24 September 2008 - 12:20 AM in Homemades

So with the new parts list, does 75 only buy you enough to make one, or will there be surplus parts to make another?

#129818 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Cannonball on 15 November 2007 - 09:47 PM in News

Well of course I could do that, but from what I can see I don't think it will be too hard to fabricate a removable stock using the existing stock components.

Has Hasbro ever even rereleased any blasters? I'm just curious, and not saying it in a jackass sarcastic sort of manner. Just wanted to clarify that.

#129780 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Cannonball on 15 November 2007 - 05:30 PM in News

I don't really like the look of the stock. The way the mag is going to fit in there is something I don't like either. If I ever get one I may just replace it with a spare m4 stock I've got lying around.

#128765 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Cannonball on 05 November 2007 - 11:53 PM in News

Perhaps this should have been stated earlier. The rails on this gun are like on the normal LS. You would need to take an inverse rail, such as from the top of a Crossfire or from an LS scope, glue it to your gun/accessory, and then slide that onto the rail on the RC.

that or the rails from the sight and the 'laser" can be used if they turn out to be pretty much useless. Who knows though right?

#127822 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Cannonball on 28 October 2007 - 02:43 PM in News

I was speaking of the center part with all of the attachments removed since they house nothing important. without all of that crap on it, it is similar to a pistol hence the usage of "pistolesque"

you basically expressed my point while making me look stupid at the same time.

#127644 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Cannonball on 27 October 2007 - 02:47 AM in News

OMC = :rolleyes: at Hasbro.

-Piney-

I'm anxiously awaiting the hasbro over throw.

One Man Clan, or One Man Company?

#134254 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Cannonball on 28 December 2007 - 11:24 PM in News

It definitely is hell in a hand-basket figuring out what to do to it. I have no spring big enough to replace the stock one. I could replace the plunger tube with that of a nitefinder, but I'd rather try and do something with what the gun has got.

#127770 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Cannonball on 28 October 2007 - 12:55 AM in News

No, the plunger assembly in the LS is twice as long as this pistol.

No, it's not. Just compare the Recon (with out the fake barrel and laser) to the Longshot Carbine mod. it looks exactly the same. I'm guessing that the only difference is the way that the plunger catches on the Recon (since the stock is removable).

Ok, so then it'd be all of the goodies of the longshot that fills up that monster squeezed into the pistolesque Recon. Here's hoping Hasbro figured out how to do that.

#131510 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Cannonball on 06 December 2007 - 07:50 PM in News

ya, it definitely doesn't look big-hand friendly. hopefully that is not the case. I don't see a problem with speculating though.

#128908 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Cannonball on 07 November 2007 - 12:25 AM in News

I was just providing examples, but yes. However, I would leave one on the "laser." Even if it turns out to be a POS, which there is a 99.99% chance of happening, then it provides a readily available shells for an integration or replacement.

Oh I know, I just wanted to feel good about contributing to the discussion. That's looking at the bright side though. If it is in fact useless, like you stated, it's a shell for integration which is also removable. I'm pretty psyched for that.

#130732 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by Cannonball on 26 November 2007 - 07:54 PM in Modifications

I plan on using PETG as a barrel for a Secret Shot 2. Now I saw Baghead's mod in the directory but I haven't decided if I was going to use his UBS on mine. What would you guys recommend? It may be a noob question or what not, but I've been doing some research on it and I'd rather not risk ruining my gun. Also, should I go with the barrel length he used (6 inches) or go for something else?

#130748 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by Cannonball on 26 November 2007 - 09:25 PM in Modifications

I should have reworded that part. I should have said I don't want to risk ruining it some stupid way. Basically I want to know what I'm doing before I start so I don't mess up you know?

Thanks for the help Sam. So just slap on a coupler made of brass? I'm new to working with brass and PETG as you can see.

#130770 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by Cannonball on 27 November 2007 - 12:07 AM in Modifications

Thank you so much guys. I really appreciate the help. I'll keep all of this in mind when I work on it. I'll let you know how it turns out. Now I need to see a man about some PETG

#135082 +bow

Posted by Cannonball on 05 January 2008 - 06:07 PM in Homemades

I don't know if someone already asked you this or if you already did cover this ( if you or someone else did then sorry for waisting your time) but would it be possible for you to build, I guess, kits where all the pieces were provided and the holes were already cut in so that the only thing the person would need to do would be some cutting on their part and the rest just assembly? I imagine that in any possible scenario producing a lot of anything and cutting holes for that matter would be a major drain on you.

Kits would definitely be easier on some of the nerfers who would rather not go out and buy equipment just to cut and build one gun. Just a thought though.

#133377 +bow

Posted by Cannonball on 22 December 2007 - 02:56 AM in Homemades

That is amazing. Personally, I'd take one of yours over an xbow. The adaptability you put into it is one of the best parts. Another ridiculously awesome idea brought to life. Keep up the good work.