mintee's Content

There have been 224 items by mintee (Search limited from 03-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#175209 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by mintee on 05 September 2008 - 06:36 PM in Modifications

I present to you all, my Longshot. Fresh paintjob and fixed the internals. Still fine-tuning the clips and breech though.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The flash gives away the unpainted innards of the gun. Had to throw in the stripes to make it less plain. =)

#151070 The Vulcan

Posted by mintee on 13 April 2008 - 11:53 PM in General Nerf

Holy crap, look at the screws on that thing! Dear God Almighty, DO NOT WANT. Although that front end with what's surely a faux barrel looks real good, I count 11 screw holes on that section alone...

I count about 28, maybe 32 tops screws, so not that bad.

Hmmm... in comparison, how many does a Longshot have?

#150818 The Vulcan

Posted by mintee on 13 April 2008 - 04:15 AM in General Nerf

Holy crap, look at the screws on that thing! Dear God Almighty, DO NOT WANT. Although that front end with what's surely a faux barrel looks real good, I count 11 screw holes on that section alone...

#143965 The Vulcan

Posted by mintee on 05 March 2008 - 03:25 AM in General Nerf

I can see it now: people strapping car batteries on their backs in order to give this gun the juice to fire 100ft flat with an ROF of 300 RPM. You'd be a walking tank. With poor mobility. Hmmm... car-mounted MG maybe? (Or bicycle-mounted?)

But sheesh, chain-fed? What a biatch to reload...

#160957 The Vulcan

Posted by mintee on 29 June 2008 - 11:59 PM in General Nerf

LINK

This video is by the guy who had the info on the Nerf Eliminator set. He supposedly works for Hasbro. It was posted two days ago, but I don't know if it's been posted. He claims to have fired it and wants to give us real info...

In summary:
- Fires slowly, at most 1 shot a second, definitely not fast as some may have speculated. Think DTG or Recon fast.
- Firing modes are On and Off, meaning you turn the motor On for Automatic firing (just pull the trigger), and Off for bolt action firing like the DTG, Recon, Longshot.
- There's a pop-up sight.
- The On/Off switch is above the gun's grip, and is covered by that orange flip-up thing.
- The tripod is spring-loaded and automatically retracts itself when the gun is picked up. The tripod stays in place by the weight of the gun itself. (Nice!)
- Heavy. (Presumably because of the 6 D-cell batteries.)
- Ranges... I DUNNO LOL IT WAS LAST WEEK WHEN HE FIRED but battery life/performance will not affect ranges, it will affect Rate of Fire because...

(most importantly...)
- Its firing mechanism is based on the traditional spring and plunger design, and not the spinning wheel design a la Tommy 20. The electric motor is used to pull the plunger back. (This is why its rate of fire is so slow, why the gun's ranges will not be affected by low battery, why it's operable without batteries and is used much like a Recon/Longshot/DTG/etc.)

At least, according to the fellow in the video. I'm very convinced that this is all fact because his claims to the gun's performance seem to be in accordance with the limitations and freedoms of the gun's firing mechanism.

#162637 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by mintee on 13 July 2008 - 01:52 PM in General Nerf

Functional guns:

Panda Longshot (DS spring, AR removed, locks removed)
Panda Recon (AR and locks removed)
SM1500 (stock, my new project gun)
Crossfire (licks monkey sacks)

Broken or given away:

3 Mavericks (fully destroyed and thrown away)
2 NiteFinders (likewise)
1 Disk Shot (scrapped for the spring)
1 Recon (failed petg breech, scrapped for parts)
1 Crossfire (failed paint job)
1 Iron Man Magstrike (given away to a less privileged fellow Nerfer)
1 Dart Tag Magstrike (piston wasn't working properly)

#164896 The Vulcan: Internals And Mods! New Mods Pg.9!

Posted by mintee on 28 July 2008 - 03:08 AM in Modifications

^ An inner tube mod will fix that. Two or three layers and maybe 20-30 pumps will give you insane ROF. I can guarantee you my old Magstrike can clear a clip in less than a second, with ranges around 30-40 feet.

I wonder why that part broke... I'd like to take a peek inside one myself and try to fix it or figure out why it happens in the first place.

#164949 The Vulcan: Internals And Mods! New Mods Pg.9!

Posted by mintee on 28 July 2008 - 01:27 PM in Modifications

I'm interested in ranges, but I have a problem. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you got rid of the chains, right? That is like singling an RF20! I mean, come on, the rapid firing capability of the Vulcan is the best part of the gun's perfomance!

Exactly. But he has no choice until he fixes the rotation mechanism somehow.

#167044 The Vulcan: Internals And Mods! New Mods Pg.9!

Posted by mintee on 07 August 2008 - 05:14 AM in Modifications

Perhaps it's just to cover the hole which would allow random junk into the Vulcan's shell?

#155148 Primary Guns

Posted by mintee on 08 May 2008 - 01:31 AM in General Nerf

Since we've got very few long-range guns in play at NUVO, I can make good use of a lightly modded Recon and Magstrike. Easily the most fun I've had, big singled guns just aren't fun to play with for me.

#156680 Lancer

Posted by mintee on 23 May 2008 - 02:15 AM in Modifications

Link please; I'm guessing someone made an imitation Nerf Lancer.

#222243 Season Of Foam Trip Map

Posted by mintee on 07 April 2009 - 06:13 PM in Nerf Wars

Season of Foam Nerf Out, Vancouver, BC - July 21st

Have you guys made arrangements for your trip to Vancouver? Is someone already making plans for the war? I can bring maybe 6 to 10 people, depending on availability and whatnot. Let me know what's up. I know there are two other active nerfers in here aside from me and my crew, and I've just pm'ed Betrayal and SuperDetectiveSpy.

#223037 Season Of Foam Trip Map

Posted by mintee on 11 April 2009 - 06:36 PM in Nerf Wars

That war currently doesn't have an active community representative pulling the event together. If you feel up for it, consider it your responsibility to find a location adequate to handle about 18 nerfers with plenty of cover.

Email me personally at tripmap@seasonoffoam.com, and we'll talk. Thanks!

I do believe I sent an email already regarding that inquiry a while ago.

#178985 The New Hereti Corp. Assault Rifle

Posted by mintee on 22 September 2008 - 10:13 PM in Modifications

Any little old spare spring should work. Just cut it to length.

I had a 1st-gen LS and a more recent LS and I simply combined the two's catch springs (one was shaped like a cone kinda, the other was just a normal rod shape so I meshed them together and fishin' glued it). If you have a few broken guns, you've got plenty of springs to use.

#176867 The New Hereti Corp. Assault Rifle

Posted by mintee on 12 September 2008 - 02:11 PM in Modifications

^Maybe he cut down the nub too much, that there's not enough plastic surface area glued down to the brass. If he cut the orange nub too skinny then I can see this happening. Otherwise, if he did sand down the brass enough and put down enough Zap-a-Gap, it should hold. My breech has held up for a few wars, +100 shots, and I only held it down for five minutes with my bare hands.

umdlancer, try putting some more Zap-a-Gap around the joint to further reinforce it.

#176783 The New Hereti Corp. Assault Rifle

Posted by mintee on 11 September 2008 - 10:50 PM in Modifications

I just want to put it out there, that adding another spring or two to the lock/unlock switch in the stock will keep your stock adjustable, yet hold it in place strong enough for you to prime it again and again without the stock collapsing. (One added spring is enough for a LS + NF spring combo in the plunger, and a stronger combo might need the two springs. You can use any of the springs in any gun internals that you no longer need.)

Anyways, great stuff as usual from Hereti Corp., and nice detailed write-up. Real pretty gun you got there... hell all of your guns turn out so awesome! =)

#165080 Ls That Funtions Well Without A Boltsled

Posted by mintee on 29 July 2008 - 01:46 AM in Modifications

... it hardens like a rock.

That's what she said.

Anyways, as the others have said, a filled t-coupler would have done the job.

And finally, a video without you talking. The world is ending!!!

#163396 Nerf Video Directory

Posted by mintee on 20 July 2008 - 11:16 AM in General Nerf

NUVO's July war #1 video (edited by myself XD) I had a lot of fun with this video.

#162935 Nerf Video Directory

Posted by mintee on 15 July 2008 - 09:03 PM in General Nerf

NUVO's June war highlights. July war #1 highlights is in the works. Hope this gets the word out to more Vancouver nerfers!

#165339 Nonstandard Game Types - Ideas, Rules, Etc.

Posted by mintee on 30 July 2008 - 05:15 AM in Nerf Wars

Whew, it took a while to go through this thread.

I must say that a lot of the games recently posted on here forget the simplest rule of them all: KISS (Keep it simple, stupid)!

If it's impossible to absolutely force the players to conform to the rules (the way a computer game would), then you have to limit how many rules the players have to abide by. We humans are fallible beings, after all. Since Nerf wars rely heavily on the honor system, I say:

Forget multiple hit-point systems. Multiple lives/respawns is ok, but for the sake of simplicity, at least limit multiple hits to 'special' players, those who have a special purpose in the game (such as the Alpha zombie in Zombie Outbreak, to be explained below).

Forget time-based objectives unless you have actual timers. This should speak for itself.

Forget overly complicated multiple objectives. Giving multiple objectives to both teams is just asking for trouble.

If it takes over a hundred fifty (150) words to explain it then you should scale it down.

This one game I've written up worked flawlessly indoors even with humans grouping together, because of the many hiding places for the Alpha Zombie. Outdoors, it's too difficult for a single Alpha Zombie so a few rules need to be changed (I tried changing them on the fly and wound up adding objectives and became a clusterfuck of a LARP/HvZ/Nerf that was too unbalanced). I'm trying to balance it for both indoor and outdoor.

I present to you, for criticism and suggestions, Zombie Outbreak.

Zombie Outbreak
- 1 player starts out as the Alpha Zombie.
- The Alpha Zombie must wear a dart tag vest (or some other mark). He gets 30 seconds to hide before the game starts.
- Humans can use all weapons and reasonably sized shields.
- Humans start the game after the Alpha has hidden.
- Any human who is tagged on their body by a zombie becomes a zombie, and respawns as one.
- After every death (or when you turn into a zombie), you must sit where you were tagged and count to 20. Zombies have infinite lives.
- Tagging a zombie while he is out does not reset his time to zero.
- All players are 1-hit kills, with the exception of the Alpha Zombie, who takes 2 hits to kill.
- Only the Alpha Zombie can use melee weapons. Other 'normal' zombies may only use their hands.
- The last human alive starts the next ZO round as the Alpha Zombie.

Indoor
- Only one player starts out as the Alpha Zombie, with no additional zombies.

Outdoor
- The Alpha Zombie starts off alongside a team of normal zombies (the total number of zombies being the total number of players combined divided by 5 rounded to the nearest digit).

A simpler, equally fun game we play at NUVO is Freeze Tag. I don't know how to change it otherwise. It works.

Freeze Tag
- Played with two or more teams.
- Unlimited lives.
- To win, each team must eliminate the opposing team(s) by freezing all members of the opposition at once.
- Once you are hit, you are frozen. This means you are stuck in place and cannot walk around. You MUST sit down or crouch.
- To respawn, a teammate must 'tag' a crouching/sitting frozen player with his/her hand. You have respawned the moment a teammate's hand makes contact with you.
- Puppy-guarding frozen players is forbidden. Camping is OK. No meat-shielding, no physical contact with any frozen players of the opposite team.

Please give me any feedback regarding the two, especially Zombie Outbreak. If you've got a different Zombie game, please post the rule set - I'd like to compare and adjust.

#165594 Nonstandard Game Types - Ideas, Rules, Etc.

Posted by mintee on 31 July 2008 - 02:57 AM in Nerf Wars

Do you have any easy visual way of knowing which team a person currently belongs to? If not, how do you know who you should be shooting at if you don't see someone get tagged?

http://www.reminderband.com/index.php

Found this in another thread, I'll try ordering some but they should work fine.

#155226 Sidearm/secondary Guns

Posted by mintee on 09 May 2008 - 02:03 AM in General Nerf

Uh......so.....

Great comeback there, kiddo. Way to present an argument.

Because people want more range and rate of fire in a primary. One that can really whip them out fast or far. A NF can only do that with extensive modding. They want a small, dependable secondary to fall back on which complements their primary weapon. Therefore, a minimized NF does the trick.

#155170 Sidearm/secondary Guns

Posted by mintee on 08 May 2008 - 02:22 PM in General Nerf

Spideys. 3-shot mini air-gun that actually hurts people from close range.

#171087 My Youtube Account

Posted by mintee on 20 August 2008 - 09:19 PM in General Nerf

Look. Ice, our main issues with your Youtube videos is 1) the kind of audience you attract (and bring to the 'Haven), and 2) the quality of your Nerf-related videos.

Regarding #1, you have no power over it unless you completely change the kind of videos you put up. And that's not really a big deal, that's your Youtube account and you can post whatever you want. You can post your sorta immature random vids, and your (progressively improving) Nerf-related videos, and you net both kiddy subscribers and those who are interested in Nerf (and those who fit both categories, seeing as how Nerf is marketed towards kids). Regardless you'll have little kids subscribing (and finding about NerfHaven through you). And it's not even really an issue - Elitists we're not, but Grammar Nazis and strict we are. So it's really a moot point not worth discussing.

#2, however, is a very big deal. I propose a change in your approach to your Nerf videos. I mean, looking through all your videos I see a you doing a lot of talk and talk about your Longshots (how many now, 11+?) and not really very much in the form of information. It's been getting much better as of late (and one Nerf video you didn't even talk :o). It is the quality of your older videos that make much of us NerfHaven users think of you as a very lame Nerfer. Well, one particularly annoying trait is that your videos are always about you and you're always in camera somehow... or talking... and as such it just makes you look like a camwhore. And how exactly does a kid find the money to go through 10+ Longshots in the span of a year or so?

Granted, you're still a kid, but you're also one of the most well-known NerfHaven users on Youtube and as such you represent this forum and Nerfers in general. Please be a little more professional in your Nerf-related videos, that's all we ask, really.

And to reiterate, I acknowledge the fact that your video quality is consistently improving, so you've already begun taking steps and as such it was sorta pointless to ask us ;)

#170206 Longshot Mag Combination

Posted by mintee on 18 August 2008 - 02:25 AM in Modifications

If we are all talkin about the same duct tape here, then...

... just get some epoxy or fishin glue or something. Duct tape is not as permanent.

#154418 Oh My Gosh

Posted by mintee on 03 May 2008 - 04:06 PM in General Nerf

Why does everyone HERE hate my vids so much? I'm close to 400 subscribers.

Because your videos aren't exactly cool (like F_a24) or instructional (like Captain Slug)... you're sort of closer to those little kids posting Nerf gun reviews.

Anyways, I digress. This thing looks like a handy little thing. I'll likely grab a set. Good find, OP.

#155147 Oh My Gosh

Posted by mintee on 08 May 2008 - 01:28 AM in General Nerf

Doesn't this violate copy write laws? I thought that OMC had to go through a whole lot of legal stuff before nerf shows him the new guns. We should not let him in because he won't be a Hasbro employee for much longer, and his typing sucks a fat one.

What they don't know won't hurt him :D As long as he doesn't browse NH at work, and that he doesn't give out too many details about who he is, he should be fine.

He should keep a low profile...

#181937 Official "show Off Your Longshot" Thread

Posted by mintee on 06 October 2008 - 03:09 AM in Modifications

This is a bit late but I give a shit. One, Tantum you can FUCK OFF. I actually buy all my shit myself, because I have a job and had a few grand from bar mitzvah money. Personally I don't give a shit what people think unless they say i'm spoiled, because i'm the exact opposite. I bought the lancer, and my crossbows with MY MONEY. I've attended wars too dickface, have you? I went to APOC and DCNO plus i'm going to a few more during this year. The only reason I bought the lancer was because I've admired it since it came to production. Maybe you just criticize people about being spoiled little fucks because you are, and you just want people to think that you're not. Seriously get a life, same for you Busta Faget.

I fucking lol'ed. What's funny is that you're the one who's upset at being called a spoiled little fuck and now you just want people to think that you're not. How's that bar mitzvah money treating you? Must be nice to get a few grand for turning thirteen, eh? I'd like to know what kind of a job you've got at your age, since apparently you make enough expendable income to buy NERF guns at a couple hundred dollars a piece (and the Lancer at a grand).

Actually, don't bother replying to this because you'll just make yourself look dumber.

#154525 Oh My Gosh

Posted by mintee on 04 May 2008 - 03:03 AM in General Nerf

C'mon guys let's speculate like crazy! Instead of being hasty and making conjecture about something I know nothing about, I'm just going to say that I love the look of it. If Nerf could make all their blasters have such simple lines and excellent form, I'd be the happiest man alive. I like the look of the Vulcan too, but in my opinion some aspects of that blaster look a little too overdone. I think it has something to do with the diffence between the N-strike and Dart Tag (Office Tag?) lines.

Well said. The N-Strike line is marketed towards kids who want to pretend to be futuristic soldiers; the office line is marketed towards older office nerfers. Somehow I don't think a bright yellow and orange Deagle would suit an office, while a nice little toned down Glock does. However, I don't like the Dart Tag line's designs much, they're somewhere between the whimsical toy-like nature of the older guns and the more futuristic N-Strike line, and their use of blue green red and orange just isn't very pleasant to look at. This is certainly a nice change for Nerf :(

#164048 Places That You Wish You Could Nerf

Posted by mintee on 24 July 2008 - 05:44 AM in General Nerf

Any sections from either Tanker or Plant in MGS:2.

#153104 The New Shall Replace The Old

Posted by mintee on 25 April 2008 - 02:30 PM in Off Topic

As a modder who just got into it not even a year ago, I voted 'Depends on the gun.' I have only nerfed with newbies like me so far, and our first big war is coming up. I have only met a person who owns an LnL and is a modding newbie who couldn't make heads or tails of what to do with it, so my first old-school gun to mod will be his LnL. In fact it will also be the first old-school gun I will touch, period.

I like to play up and close with high ROF guns. I started on the Mav and NFs doing stuff like crayola barrels and the russian roulette mod. I had no idea where to get a spring replacement for my NF so I stuck with my Mav for wars, and found myself having a LOT of fun. So I practically bust a nut when I found my first Recon at Wal-Mart.

I didn't like automatic guns because they were just too bulky to run around in like I wanted. The Mav that I used wasn't quite what I was looking for, and reloading was a pain without the clip mod. The Recon gave me what I wanted, a magazine-fed short range high rof pistol which was comfortable in my hands to run around with. Finally putting my validated account to use, I immediately looked for new CS-6 magazines for sale. And after doing some reading on NerfHaven while waiting for PMs, I thoroughly looked through the list of guns in the Mod directory.

Now I know the Recon's got a bad rep for being weak, but it's the only gun I feel comfortable running around with. Most pistols people talk about are singled and therefore low ROF. Modding a turret into my pistol is far beyond my modding skill, and even then it just wouldn't feel right compared to just cocking the slide on my Recon. SSII might be a good sidearm but it would still only get two shots, the old Mav I used would feel so slow and weak compared to my Recon with its four magazines. In the places I've warred in (small gated townhouse communities, indoors at a University, outdoors in the same University, all places with some cover) I've always had to get within 30 feet of my opponent, and part of my fun is sneaking and running and using cover to outwit the longer-range players and close the gap.

To summarize: None of the old guns fit my needs. Even in the newer guns only one was comfortable enough for me to play with. It's all up to your playing style, game environment and modding skill. Eventually as my group matures we'll probably get a lot more long-range players (no banned guns means LBBs and Titans) and it will get tougher and tougher to close the gap, and I might have to change strategies, train my body to get faster, or even change guns. But nobody said you must stay with only one gun. For now, I enjoy Nerf most as a pistoleer.

#155571 New Recons

Posted by mintee on 12 May 2008 - 02:38 PM in General Nerf

Hey, is it that hard to cut off the black tube so we can do are our awesome stock mod?

Also, can you shorten the plunger tube? If you can, you can probably unscrew the black tube, shorten the plunger tube, and then add a spring to the black piece. If that can be done, it just made spring additions to the Recon easier.

-Kanashimi

P.s. The black stick makes the recon look wierd...

I actually think this might make the stock mod a whole lot easier. Just cut off the back, or nest in large enough tubing, or put a cap on the end, or unscrew the back of the ARMED tube and stuff a spring back there since there's dead space in the back right? In fact I think this makes the stock mod possible without the stock. And it does make the Recon look weird.

Crese, if someone finds something new and tells it to others without any bloody proof, they'll be in disbelief. We're skeptics, so what? Similarly, we dislike bullshit angled ranges and for any fishy claims, we request proof. And if you can't get proof because your momma won't let you take a pic then sucks to be you. I'm sure Piney has heard every bloody excuse there is. Not having a pic as proof to present his argument means that his contribution is invalidated, surely this makes sense to you at least!

Human decency and understanding goes both ways. We expect proper grammar and spelling from our new members, for the sake of understanding. If a member presents him/herself with good communicating skills then we will treat him/her with human decency. If we conduct ourselves with vulgar manner and atrocious grammar, then how can you expect anyone to treat us with respect?

It's not a matter of bending over and taking it up the ass. It's called reading the fucking code of conduct. Read the rules, it's stickied for a reason. I do believe proper grammar and spelling is in there somewhere. In a game of basketball, for example, nobody's going to let you join a pick-up game if you don't know how to fucking play, they expect you to know the rules already. Sure there will be people like Ompa who are lenient and try to give you a chance. But even Ompa's patience has its limits.

Now seriously Crese, pushing the buttons of our senior members here by being a arrogant disrespectful prick when he didn't say anything which should offend you in the least bit really pisses me off. He simply explained that we prefer coherent English in our posts over aol abbreviations and tYpInz LyK3 d1s. as such we are able to determine which members are better for the community, and which are incoherent bastards who will never contribute anything. It's really that simple. And your 'higher-than-thou' attitude really pisses me off. Who the fuck asked your Highness to join our forum?

Do note the irony of being a total jerk while all Piney did was explain the way the forum works. If you can't read something like that without taking offense then for all the decent writing you just did, your reading comprehension is at or lower than grade school level.

#155551 New Recons

Posted by mintee on 12 May 2008 - 01:19 AM in General Nerf

OK guys, the only pic my buddy Edwin got me is this.

http://members.shaw....et/IMG_0673.jpg

Too large to post, too lazy to resize. View at your own risk... the plunger goes right up to the very back of the new black tube when cocked. Of course you can cut off the part of the ARMED tube that isn't used...

#155429 New Recons

Posted by mintee on 11 May 2008 - 03:26 AM in General Nerf

At NUVO today we had a new Recon come in, almost fresh out of the box. You know the black cap which goes on the back end of the Recon? It now is a whole lot longer. It still screws into the Recon with the two screws, and the normal stock works on it, but there is now an extrusion just the right size to allow the ARMED tube to be pulled back. It almost completely covers the ARMED tube, save for a semi-circle opening at the very back.

I'll try to get pics.

#154752 New Recons

Posted by mintee on 05 May 2008 - 04:44 PM in General Nerf

^ That thing is the jam door, nothing new about that.

ty23, please get a picture already.

#150693 Scout Modification

Posted by mintee on 12 April 2008 - 02:29 PM in Modifications

Anyways, I know the nut helps, take for example the +bow. It has three cocking notches, each gets a different range by compressing the spring at different forces. If you pulled the plunger rod of an NF an inch and let it go, would it go as far as when you cock it and shoot? No. Refer to Quillan's equation.

Hope this helps everyone in the future (I wish I didn't kill both my Crossfires for the springs...)!

Um, the examples you quoted gain a range increase because the further back you pull the plunger on both guns, the more air you have in the plunger to push the dart out with. Less pull on the plungers, less air you have to push out, less range. It's less to do with the spring than the amount of air you have available to power the shot with. Which is why adding the nut or pennies to the back only makes a minimal increase in strength:

The amount of air is always going to be the same in the plunger!

No matter how much more compressed your spring is, it has a limited travel distance because of the constraints of the plunger size. So at most, your spring will push at the same strength throughout the stroke of the plunger as you pull the trigger. It doesn't make your spring any stronger than it is, which is why there's no alternative to a good spring replacement.

Go grab a spring. Now try to compress it to 1". Then try compressing it to 1/2". Does it get harder? Yes it does. Now does it bounce back harder when you compress it to 1/2" than 1" Yes, it does. I know my analogy was rather stupid and honestly I don't know what I was thinking. If you don't believe me, then that's fine. All I know is I got a consistent 3-5' more using the nut (and the same darts).

Now can we stop arguing about nuts already?...

The spring will bounce back harder because it has that extra distance to travel in a free space. It doesn't have this free space when inside the gun's mechanism; it is constrained by the plunger travel distance and other parts of the gun's mechanism, which I noted in my post earlier. Now to make it fair, you should compare a spring that has been cut down a little and fully compressed to a spring that is stock and is not fully compressed.

As Splitlip said:

Force from a spring = spring constant * distance compressed

Since the distance compressed is essentially the same (because of the plunger's space constraints), it will output the same force. That extra 1/2" of force is wasted pushing the plunger hard against the pvc rather than pushing the plunger further another 1/2" giving you another 1/2" of air to power the dart with.

#174197 Tour Of The Workshop.

Posted by mintee on 01 September 2008 - 02:15 PM in General Nerf

I didn't see any red foam either... what foam are you using now?

#174428 Tour Of The Workshop.

Posted by mintee on 02 September 2008 - 01:19 AM in General Nerf

The foam I use has a minimum order of 2500 feet and only 1750 feet of it is usable.
I would not advise this method.
Lets just all wait and pray OMC has found something amazing. In which he will hopefully be releasing shortly.

Word. Why is 750 feet of that foam unusable?

#149610 Scout Modification

Posted by mintee on 06 April 2008 - 03:59 AM in Modifications

Anyways, I know the nut helps, take for example the +bow. It has three cocking notches, each gets a different range by compressing the spring at different forces. If you pulled the plunger rod of an NF an inch and let it go, would it go as far as when you cock it and shoot? No. Refer to Quillan's equation.

Hope this helps everyone in the future (I wish I didn't kill both my Crossfires for the springs...)!

Um, the examples you quoted gain a range increase because the further back you pull the plunger on both guns, the more air you have in the plunger to push the dart out with. Less pull on the plungers, less air you have to push out, less range. It's less to do with the spring than the amount of air you have available to power the shot with. Which is why adding the nut or pennies to the back only makes a minimal increase in strength:

The amount of air is always going to be the same in the plunger!

No matter how much more compressed your spring is, it has a limited travel distance because of the constraints of the plunger size. So at most, your spring will push at the same strength throughout the stroke of the plunger as you pull the trigger. It doesn't make your spring any stronger than it is, which is why there's no alternative to a good spring replacement.

#153150 For Those That Think I Seem "mean"

Posted by mintee on 25 April 2008 - 07:19 PM in Off Topic

Wow you ignorant americans.

Go fuck yourself.

I'd tell you to do the same but your dollar's on par with ours, so you're already fucked :D

Anyways, CS you're not mean, just honest.