CynicalSynapses's Content

There have been 23 items by CynicalSynapses (Search limited from 31-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#32955 Would You Buy Watermelon Pink 1/2" FBR?

Posted by CynicalSynapses on 02 August 2004 - 09:45 PM in General Nerf

We have to purchase the initial batch out of our pockets, so we can only go with one color for now.

#32937 Would You Buy Watermelon Pink 1/2" FBR?

Posted by CynicalSynapses on 02 August 2004 - 06:46 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image

Here's a comparison shot of the two colors.

We can sell what's on the left, and what's on the right is what we showed you before.

#32930 Colored Fbr Arrived... But

Posted by CynicalSynapses on 02 August 2004 - 05:31 PM in General Nerf

It's not as saturated as the samples we showed you, so it's still visible. The rest of the samples are at my place, and once I'm at home I'll take a quick picture of the difference... It's quite noticable.

We're still waiting for the factory to call back.

#32625 Red Fbr: Reviewed

Posted by CynicalSynapses on 29 July 2004 - 04:26 PM in Articles

I'm not trying to show an attitude, it's just irrelevant because if you do want 5/8th inch, than ours doesn't matter at all, and this pool place has been mentioned multiple times before in other threads.

Perhaps he should make a new thread about the 5/8th inch, that way anyone that wants to make the larger darts can talk about it there and we can keep the discussion here pertaining to the half inch darts.

Thanks.

#32621 Red Fbr: Reviewed

Posted by CynicalSynapses on 29 July 2004 - 04:07 PM in Articles

News Flash guys:

You can find that red FBR at any Leslie's Pool Supplies.  They are nationwide, so there is a pretty good chance they are in your area, considering California is essentially its biggest area.  When I get back to work, I'll get the Leslie's product number so you can call them up for it.  One key fact though, the stuff sold by Leslie's is 5/8".  The stuff is used to be put in between the concrete slabs on the side of the an inground pool.  Take the info as you please.

That's good if you want the larger darts.

#32391 Who Would Buy Colored Backer Rod?

Posted by CynicalSynapses on 26 July 2004 - 11:51 PM in General Nerf

half inch is better than 5/8ths for most things though.

#32387 They're Here.

Posted by CynicalSynapses on 26 July 2004 - 11:16 PM in General Nerf

I don't like raining on parades, but the Shindig found this stuff at the pool store he works in. He got a boner over it, but its not as good as the gray kind. He has the 5/8" if you guys want any.

What makes his worse than the gray kind?

#32375 They're Here.

Posted by CynicalSynapses on 26 July 2004 - 09:51 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image

The red is INSANELY easier to find, we did some testing :w00t:

edit: Sorry, my webspace just went down, there's a picture above that sentence that will reappear shortly ^_^

#32372 They're Here.

Posted by CynicalSynapses on 26 July 2004 - 09:26 PM in General Nerf

Nope, we're only offering 1/2"

#32367 They're Here.

Posted by CynicalSynapses on 26 July 2004 - 08:44 PM in General Nerf

Is that pre-straightened/cut? If so, at what lengths?

I look foward to the stats for usage with barrel materials.

Great job, and, thanks SS. First, awesome barrels, now, red FBR. I salute you.

It's just going to be sold in sets of 25 feet

#32354 They're Here.

Posted by CynicalSynapses on 26 July 2004 - 07:18 PM in General Nerf

We're still testing it out. We'll have our results up in a few days.

#32347 They're Here.

Posted by CynicalSynapses on 26 July 2004 - 06:42 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image

#32281 Preferable Pre-Cut Length

Posted by CynicalSynapses on 25 July 2004 - 06:05 PM in General Nerf

Thats just a waste of money to cut thme down. I'll go with 1.5 or 3, so I can cut them in half to make 1.5. Precut foam is a bad idea since everyone likes to make theirs different sizes. Sell it by the foot, if you sell it by dart size, you cant please everyone, but by the foot, at least they can do waht they want with it.

THIRST

Well, the pre cut is probably not going to happen with the red, so you won't have to worry about it. We're probably going to be selling it in sets of 25 feet, so you can easily order 25 feet, 100 feet, etc

#32222 What FBR Color Would Be The Coolest?

Posted by CynicalSynapses on 24 July 2004 - 01:19 AM in General Nerf

I've seen glow in the dark gluesticks before

#32048 Who Would Buy Colored Backer Rod?

Posted by CynicalSynapses on 21 July 2004 - 11:48 PM in General Nerf

We're still in discussion with them, but it's in the thousands of feet. Also, there's a pretty good chance we could get it precut, and in that case, we'd just throw 'em in the dryers for you guys :)

#32045 R.s.c.b Barrel Modded Bazooka

Posted by CynicalSynapses on 21 July 2004 - 11:44 PM in Homemades

Yeah, it's real nice except for the rear pumping and 8 pumps, but I guess that's what you pay for the super range :)

#31952 Who Would Buy Colored Backer Rod?

Posted by CynicalSynapses on 21 July 2004 - 04:37 PM in General Nerf

*you know what? Call me crazy, but wouldn't FBR companies make more money if we just kept loosing our darts?

We're so miniscule in the FBR market, as I said before, for them to even consider getting us bright pink, we'd need to order a truck full, with hundreds of thousands of feet. And that's just the minimum order from them.

The amount that they actually use in construction is insane compared to the amount that thousands of 2" darts use.

#31859 Who Would Buy Colored Backer Rod?

Posted by CynicalSynapses on 20 July 2004 - 08:42 PM in General Nerf

Hey ShortShit, you know what I want?

You package enough pre-cut red FBR, 1/4" steel shot, and colored hot glue to make 200 darts and just sell the whole deal.

Bonus points if you make several colors of hot glue available so different people/clans can have easily identified darts once everyone is using your red FBR.

Let me know when I can send the money.

We were actually discussing that earlier today, it won't be hard to do at all, and it'll be very convenient. We're definitely going to try to do that if the red rod works out.

#31808 Raw-shit-cynic-bbq At2k Rifle Barrel Creation

Posted by CynicalSynapses on 20 July 2004 - 02:46 PM in Homemades

Plus the thing is pretty damn accurate, that was funny shooting into the large water bottle's lips :)

Damn gun gave me a small welt from maybe 30 feet away or so. It can definitely hit 90 feet, I've seen it in person.

Weeeee.

#31805 Who Would Buy Colored Backer Rod?

Posted by CynicalSynapses on 20 July 2004 - 02:35 PM in General Nerf

We talked to a bunch of manufacturers, and none will do pink without a rediculous shipment (hundreds of thousands of feet of backer rod)

#31797 Raw-shit-cynic-bbq At2k Rifle Barrel Creation

Posted by CynicalSynapses on 20 July 2004 - 01:41 PM in Homemades

With the proper darts, it's perfect. If they're waaaay skinny it can cause some problems, but that's not good in any gun.

#31795 Preferable Pre-Cut Length

Posted by CynicalSynapses on 20 July 2004 - 01:40 PM in General Nerf

ShortShit and I've been talking to manufacturers, and we're trying to get a feel for what you guys want most.

Thanks.

#31794 What FBR Color Would Be The Coolest?

Posted by CynicalSynapses on 20 July 2004 - 01:36 PM in General Nerf

Yellow would be nice, but red looks the best. It'd look really nice with the AT2k mods :)