Kail's Content

There have been 7 items by Kail (Search limited from 12-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#296322 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Kail on 20 March 2011 - 11:37 PM in Modifications

NitroQuad

Posted Image

Coral Viper

Posted Image

Autogrip + Stingin Scarab.

Posted Image

^ It's not completely finished, but this is the latest mod I've been working on. Kind of works like the Defender T3, but it does not come apart. Both can be cocked and fired simultaneously, or independently.

More details coming soon.

#296293 Autogrip Mod + Stinging Scarab Integration

Posted by Kail on 20 March 2011 - 02:42 AM in Modifications

Posted Image

Been a couple years since I posted here, and I wanted to follow up my NitroQuad and Coral Viper mods.

It's not completely finished, but this is the latest mod I've been working on. Kind of works like the Defender T3, but it does not come apart. Both can be cocked and fired simultaneously, or independently.

More details coming soon.

#81042 Stinging Scarab Mod

Posted by Kail on 01 May 2006 - 12:28 AM in Modifications

Nice job. I have one modded into a cocking pistol, but I'm combining it with another mod that's not done yet.

#80508 Nitro Quad Mod

Posted by Kail on 20 April 2006 - 10:01 PM in Modifications

Thanks for the welcome, ompa, and thanks for the feedback guys.

Blinky, it's pretty sturdy, but I won't be hurling it at the ground or running it over anytime soon. Also, I have a multi-shot concept in mind for a future mod.

Stallion, I do plan to paint it when I can get some paint. I'm hoping to stay close to the original color scheme, but make it look more "solid."

#80507 Coral Viper Mod

Posted by Kail on 20 April 2006 - 09:53 PM in Modifications

Thanks for the comments guys!

The Coral Viper was a blaster that I once wrote off as "unmodifiable".

What else have you filed under "unmodifiable?" I'm always looking for more test subjects. :lol:

#80369 Nitro Quad Mod

Posted by Kail on 19 April 2006 - 06:06 PM in Modifications

The Nitro-Quad. I was more tempted to punch people in the face with it, then try to fiddle with the barrel selector and make the thing shoot correctly. So after some plastic surgery, what once scraped the shit out of my knuckles, is now a decent single-shot pistol.

Posted Image

It started as a Starbuck-inspired "Boomstick." The new barrel is a 2.5in piece of 1/2 CPVC inside a 4in. piece of 3/4 CPVC. The barrel attatchment point is stabilized and centered by other PVC couplers. However, I couldn't find a comfortable way to fire it and I had a bunch of spare parts that I didn't want to throw away.

Posted Image

So I added a trigger piece directly on to the old one.

Posted Image

And then I put everything else on, neglecting to take pictures beforehand.

Posted Image

It gets mid-50's flat, unbanded. Hopefully some decent bands or a different barrel setup will up the power later. If I get my hands on another NitroQuad, I might try to reincorporate another barrel selector system, but for now I'll settle for this.

When I get around to my next mod, I'll try to take pics BEFORE going nuts with the dremel and glue. Things slated for the operating table include a Strongarm, Perceptor, Razor Fin, Armor Shot, Iron Raptor...

#80176 Coral Viper Mod

Posted by Kail on 17 April 2006 - 08:07 AM in Modifications

Here's my new Coral Viper mod.

Posted Image

Basically flipped it around, removed the tubing, put a 2.5in. piece of 1/2 CPVC inside a 4in. piece of 3/4 CPVC (not sure what it is, some grey pipe we had in the basement), and glued it onto the plunger barrel.

Then I fashioned a trigger and pivot point from an old CD and piece of hanger wire.

Posted Image

I didn't want to waste any of the old parts, so with a bit of dremel work and various glues, I managed to fit them back on nicely.

Here's a size comparison pic with a NF.

Posted Image

Ranges aren't all the great yet, I'm only getting 40-50ft. Haven't had a chance to try bands yet, so I'll update when I do.

Also, yeah this is my first post, but I'm not a noob to Nerfing or the NIC either. I've been Nerfing on and off since I was 9, but mostly through middle school (in college now.) Had a lame Geocities Nerf site and everything. So anyway, hi everyone :unsure:

And here's a bit of what I'm working on next...

Posted Image