Vistagecko's Content

There have been 196 items by Vistagecko (Search limited from 30-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#294126 The Ohio Revolution

Posted by Vistagecko on 07 February 2011 - 10:13 PM in Nerf Wars

Thats just it, they don't cause anymore pain then felt tipped darts when made correctly. And since when have you all become such little girls? We used to judge how good of a day we had based on the number of welts we accumulated.

But your decision is your decision, and well have to respect that. We will be hosting our own war in the near future for men that can take a hit. You are all welcome to attend, just don't forget your purse at home.

#294118 The Ohio Revolution

Posted by Vistagecko on 07 February 2011 - 09:39 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright, I'm going to be plain and simple here... blah blah blah here's my unsolicited opinion on a moot issue blah blah blah

Slugs or stock darts.

If I am in attendance, I plan to use my already made stock of darts.

Not so much.

You obviously have either lost or were never capable of grasping the true concept of nerfing. Which is to have fun, shooting foam from little kids toys, on a budget. To become a Nazi about such a simple and petty subject as the type of weight used in darts for over 15 years, is absurd. Nerf in my 3 years, has always been about bringing people together from all around to have a good day of foamtastic fun. Have BB weighted darts ever left welts? Of course. Have felt tipped darts ever left welts? YES! Its all the blaster, angle, and range. Any mix of variables that are thrown at you in a war.

I would love to come down and share the true spirit and fun of nerfing and see some fellow nerfers that I haven't seen in close to a year, which is why I am politely challenging this rule, to open your horizons to a wider variety and group of people.

#294031 The Ohio Revolution

Posted by Vistagecko on 06 February 2011 - 09:38 PM in Nerf Wars

Dome BB darts are simple, cheap, effective, produce better ranges, more aerodynamic, and for me I have 800 made from the last war prep and about 100$ invested in materials. I really want to attend a war, but I cant afford the gas for a 5hr car trip and another $100 in supplies and my time to remake 800-1000 darts for me and my guests.

#294028 The Ohio Revolution

Posted by Vistagecko on 06 February 2011 - 09:23 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm down to make a trip, but I just finished the last of my foam with double copper BB darts. If I can use those I'll be bringing Boisie and a guest as well.

#288825 It's A War 3 (foam Ninja Doesn't Do It Right)

Posted by Vistagecko on 24 November 2010 - 06:10 PM in Nerf Wars

So...guys...whens the next gathering of nerftastic, dartomatic, foamalicious warfare?

#288622 It's A War 3 (foam Ninja Doesn't Do It Right)

Posted by Vistagecko on 19 November 2010 - 06:52 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm afraid Boisie and I will not be making this war. His parents don't trust my driving for whatever reason, and I don't feel like making the trip alone. Sorry guys.

#288545 It's A War 3 (foam Ninja Doesn't Do It Right)

Posted by Vistagecko on 17 November 2010 - 10:41 PM in Nerf Wars

Oh and anyone from the Cleveland area, or anywhere in between Cleveland and Cinci, and that needs a ride, send me a message, and well pick you up. We don't bite.

#288544 It's A War 3 (foam Ninja Doesn't Do It Right)

Posted by Vistagecko on 17 November 2010 - 10:33 PM in Nerf Wars

3. AND you can't take the name of my war.

3. I just did.

Owned.

#288540 It's A War 3 (foam Ninja Doesn't Do It Right)

Posted by Vistagecko on 17 November 2010 - 09:13 PM in Nerf Wars

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about. Vista + Boisie reconfirmation.

#288520 It's A War 3

Posted by Vistagecko on 17 November 2010 - 03:47 PM in Nerf Wars

You want me to host a war 5 hours away from where I live? I'm not even gonna bother driving down if there's not at least 5 confirmed people able to hold a Nerf gun.

#288466 It's A War 3

Posted by Vistagecko on 15 November 2010 - 09:54 PM in Nerf Wars

Thanks, I thought it was in Indiana for some reason. Well count me and Poizone in as definites. Someone's gotta represent Cleveland Nerf.

#288385 It's A War 3

Posted by Vistagecko on 14 November 2010 - 12:45 PM in Nerf Wars

Whats the full address of the park? Or at least the city?

#271546 Neono #3

Posted by Vistagecko on 06 April 2010 - 10:09 PM in Nerf Wars

Canceled.

#271158 Neono #3

Posted by Vistagecko on 02 April 2010 - 10:24 PM in Nerf Wars

Updated with pics. Looking towards the 17th, or the following Saturday.

#268635 Neono #3

Posted by Vistagecko on 08 March 2010 - 11:31 PM in Nerf Wars

So it's that time again in North Eastern Ohio. This time we're gonna change the park a bit. Found a playground that's right next to an abandoned mini golf course, that's become over run with plants and such. Looked for interesting play.

Rules: Same as before, 3/15, don't be a douche, bring you're own weapons/ammo, etc. etc.

Dates: Here's where we've had problems in the past. No one can make a date happen. If people wanna start posting dates in April that they'd be willing to come up and have a good time in Cleveland , OH then we can get a solid war going.

War is canceled.

#263552 Nerf War

Posted by Vistagecko on 28 January 2010 - 04:17 PM in Nerf Wars

Any more details? Have you hosted a war before? Any rules? Restrictions?

#262804 Rainbow Highway Nerf Run June 26 2010

Posted by Vistagecko on 23 January 2010 - 11:58 AM in Nerf Wars

I can't do the 26th. I'll be in Florida after the 20th. Any week before that I'm good and could probably bring 1-2 guests.

#259772 Winter Ohio War Take 2

Posted by Vistagecko on 25 December 2009 - 09:36 PM in Nerf Wars

Since it is now relevant to my interests: Sword blocking? I would like to say yes so they can be used in the actual 3/15 rounds and not just zombies.

Also, I was thinking that we should start at 10 (arrive at 9:30) so that we can get some slightly warmer nerfing in. I doubt this would be much of a problem for people if they are local, but cinci/Lakewooders might want to chime in on this.

Those were the planned time already, where they not? And Lakewooders? Our city refers to us as Lakewoodians.

#259410 Winter Ohio War Take 2

Posted by Vistagecko on 20 December 2009 - 11:05 AM in Nerf Wars

"If the strength of the weapon is considered to be excessive and you say it isn't, be prepared to be shot with your own weapon on your bare skin at (mostly) full draw/pumps at point blank."

May I question this rule? When it's that cold out, ANY gun is going to hurt at point blank and bare skin. I think we should just do a majority vote, if after a few rounds it is seriously altering the field of play. At least, that's how it has always been done at these wars.

#259076 Winter Ohio War 2009

Posted by Vistagecko on 15 December 2009 - 04:00 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm finally refueling my dart supply, so if I can hitch a ride, I'm down.

#254863 Columbus War 1.2

Posted by Vistagecko on 29 October 2009 - 02:55 PM in Nerf Wars

Possible. 1-3 guests.

#243918 Sharp Shooter 1 Modification

Posted by Vistagecko on 25 July 2009 - 08:31 PM in Modifications

Nice to see it went to a good home. I love the minimization and paint job. Good work.

#229822 Rainbow Highway Nerf Run June 27 2009

Posted by Vistagecko on 12 May 2009 - 03:52 PM in Nerf Wars

I've avoided this thread for the longest time, because I had no idea what the hell a Rainbow Highway was.

Anyway, I'm a maybe. It's only an hour away so driving is no problem. Summer is just so unpredictable for me. I'll have to check my work schedule closer to the actual date.

#229191 Kyno Summer

Posted by Vistagecko on 09 May 2009 - 12:24 PM in Nerf Wars

Not going. Maybe next time.

#227904 Valhalla

Posted by Vistagecko on 03 May 2009 - 02:29 PM in Nerf Wars

Based on the area I was staying in, in Kentucky, it was more like 99.9%. I even spotted a water tower that read "Florence Y'all".

#227096 Ohio Nerf War

Posted by Vistagecko on 29 April 2009 - 03:36 PM in Nerf Wars

So don't be too upset that you missed one of the greatest wars this year.

Greatest war this year? Valhalla put 'Geddon & Apoc to shame.

I will just say this right now. I will be attending one war this entire summer outside of the Cleveland area and that will be the SOF Michigan war. So if this turns into a Columbus war, sadly, I'm out.

#226414 Valhalla

Posted by Vistagecko on 26 April 2009 - 09:56 PM in Nerf Wars

First off, great war. Twitch, you are awesome.

Pros:
-Being a part of the single most Effeminate three war weekend nerf extravaganza.
-Being one of maybe 20 nerfers outside of Cincinnati to nerf at Lazer Kraze.
-Seeing some familiar faces.
-Having my angel breech hold up for Day 1 and 10 min. of Day 2.
-Getting my sister into Nerf.
-Shooting a roman candle rigged up inside of a busted up longshot at 4 a.m.
-Playing some really cool, tactical schemes with the 15 man teams.
-Holding off all the zombies in HvZ, with the dust picking up in a sandstorm, really added to eerie effect, before they came.
-Shooting foam 2 days in a row, with 5 hours between wars.

Cons:
-My angel breech broke.
-I did not attend day 3, instead I caught up on some much needed sleep, and went fishing with a singled titan.
-I didn't make enough stefans.
-A fucking douchebag of a cunt rocket son of bitch A 12 yr. old kid, ignorantly stood in the middle of the fortress, and brought day 2 to an end.

All in all a great war Twitch. The footage captured by Captain Bojangles Mcpoonsnatch should be interesting to say the least.

#225498 Valhalla

Posted by Vistagecko on 24 April 2009 - 03:45 PM in Nerf Wars

Sorry this was so delayed. I didn't receive any PMs so I assumed nobody needed a place to stay.
Anyway here is the address to the campground.

Camper Village
940 Curry Ln.
Dry ridge, KY, 41035

It's on average 45 minutes away from each event. Not the greatest place to stay but, we will be making the drive every day. See you all tonight!

#225284 Valhalla

Posted by Vistagecko on 23 April 2009 - 02:39 PM in Nerf Wars

If brass is the issue, my local hobby shop has every piece of brass imaginable. I could pick it up and deliver it, no later than 10:00 pm. tomorrow night.

#225009 Valhalla

Posted by Vistagecko on 22 April 2009 - 02:38 PM in Nerf Wars

A mounted camera on a nerf gun? Beautiful. Someone is bound to be caught doing something stupid.

#224139 Valhalla

Posted by Vistagecko on 17 April 2009 - 12:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah Thaygor, that'd be cool. I'll let you know when we decide on one and the address.

Notice: I am a pyromaniac. I just found a big box of firecrackers, fireworks, bottle rockets, zippo fluid, lighters etc. Get ready for some fun.

#224065 Valhalla

Posted by Vistagecko on 16 April 2009 - 09:10 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright, I have some good news for a few of you. We will be renting a campsite with our RV for the entire stay of Valhalla. There is extra room on our campsite and we will be pitching a few tents. So far I have 1 tent available. After this tent is filled, you will be responsible for brining your own tent. If you have been looking for a floor to sleep on during the events, this is your best bet. We haven't booked an official compsite yet, but it will be all said and done by Sunday. There are plenty of campgrounds in the Cincinatti/upper Kuntucky area for us to choose from.

I will not be supplying you food, if you choose to stay with us. We simply don't have enough. So far anyone is free to stay with us, free of charge. If there is a large enough response, I will have to limit you on a first come first serve basis. The campsite is only so big. We also only have a 1 car. That means we will not be driving you to and from the war each day. We are only providing you a place to sleep and a nerfy campfire. If you are planning on staying with us, please send me a PM. IF you show up unannounced, you may very well be turned away due to lack of space.

I will post with directions to the campground and the official address when we book it.

#223773 Valhalla

Posted by Vistagecko on 15 April 2009 - 11:29 AM in Nerf Wars

Ok make it thaygor +2 my dad told me he would like to play so thats cool!!! I have told hopper about it but it sounds like hes to intersted in playing runescape rather than talking to his dad about going with me so im ready to roll.

Runescape rather than a Nerf war? Tell your friend that if he attends, you will bestow upon him the magical crossbow of Thaygor. It gives +50 ATK, +40 Def, and +100 Accuracy.

#222487 The Messiah

Posted by Vistagecko on 08 April 2009 - 08:34 PM in Modifications

May I be the first to say that this mod is actually really cool? He took a six shot gun, singled it, and then added an additional 20 shots. Who cares if it's not as good as a DTG? If it's practical, which I assume it is, it's good.

Carrying an RF20 along with a singled longshot, is a nice combo. Was it worthy of its own name? Maybe, maybe not, honestly, who gives a flying fuck?

#222178 My Brute

Posted by Vistagecko on 07 April 2009 - 03:14 PM in Off Topic

Weird little game, but fun. My brute

#221663 Valhalla

Posted by Vistagecko on 04 April 2009 - 09:29 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright, I was talking to a few people and I'm going to need two more tickets for Day 1 at Lazer Kraze. So I have a total of four (4) tickets. Vistagecko@yahoo.com

#221571 Valhalla

Posted by Vistagecko on 04 April 2009 - 03:59 PM in Nerf Wars

I'd like to say that I'm now a definate for all three days. We will be renting a campsite and camping out. I may be able to supply a tent or two for people that need somewhere to stay. I'll be able to say for sure closer to the actual date.

Anywho, I'd like 2 tickets for the Lazer Kraze. My e-mail is Vistagecko@yahoo.com

#220960 Valhalla

Posted by Vistagecko on 31 March 2009 - 08:58 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright, I talked to my ride, and you can count me in as more than likely for all three. It's about 90% right now. Right now I'm looking at Vistagecko+1-2 + Nerf RV.

#220931 Valhalla

Posted by Vistagecko on 31 March 2009 - 06:20 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm a maybe right now. If I do come, it will most likely be to all three. Good thing I just bought a bunch of stock darts. Sadly I have several years to go before I will be able to attend this famed, 'Feast'.

#220173 Your Worst Nerf Related Injury

Posted by Vistagecko on 27 March 2009 - 04:24 PM in General Nerf

I took a stefan in the ankle from a big blast at the Winter Ohio war in December. It hit at a weird angle and sliced off a big chunk o' ankle skin. I still have a good sized scar from it.

Yeah, sorry about that, Joe.

My worst injury: I was dremeling and my cutting wheel exploded. Took almost an hour to remove the shrapnel from my cheek.