joeybootz's Content

There have been 15 items by joeybootz (Search limited from 23-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#358294 Blasters for Newbie Modders

Posted by joeybootz on 28 February 2017 - 08:18 PM in Modifications

the firestrike pistol is an easy mod as well. shoots lasers once the AR's are removed and the plunger is reinforced. The stryfe is also an easy mod as well as the modulus

#358293 Modifications Directory

Posted by joeybootz on 28 February 2017 - 08:15 PM in Modifications

anyone have a good one for the hyperfire? i watched dracs but it doesn't say where to actually solder the wires to the switches. i also watched another one on YT but it seemed half a$$'d to me..any help would be greatly appreciated.

#358283 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by joeybootz on 28 February 2017 - 12:28 AM in Modifications

My newest project. This thing is gorgeous in person

il_570xN.1151962224_9gks.jpg

#358163 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by joeybootz on 23 February 2017 - 11:25 AM in Modifications

love this thread. keep them coming

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

THERE'S ONE RULE FOR THIS THREAD. NEXT TIME, POST A PICTURE. YOU CAN EVEN INSULT ME IN A POST, AS LONG AS YOU POST A PICTURE OF A BLASTER YOU MODIFIED OR PAINTED.

#358131 My 1st rewire and motor upgrade

Posted by joeybootz on 22 February 2017 - 08:28 AM in Modifications

Canted is no bueno. It wastes some of the flywheel's energy putting spin on the dart, which - if it actually works at all - only works for a given cant at a certain specific RPM with a certain specific dart mass. Otherwise, you'll end up with more whirlybirds or a simply less efficient setup.

well then that settle's it lol. 

so you guys like the DRS one better then the Artifact?

#358130 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by joeybootz on 22 February 2017 - 08:23 AM in Modifications

ill add some of mine, im very new to nerf but really enjoy doing some modding with with 8yr old son.We play every weekend at a local nerf facility as well as hold some games in our court.Hopefully will get invited to a nerf war in the jersey philly area lol. These are all for sale as well on Etsy

The Rapidstrike:

mods include:

complete rewire,15a microsowitches,MTB Hb motors including pusher,Red dot Laser diode,Blue Led's,custom paint.il_570xN.1147628270_9ri8.jpg

The modulus esc10:

Mods:

complete rewire and custom paint. 

custom made silencer from PVC

Laser diode

il_570xN.1124602698_caeb.jpg

the stryfe:

mods include:

complete rewire and custom paint

il_570xN.1124596360_so77.jpg

the crossbolt:

mods include:

lock removal

cord shortened 4"

custom paint

il_570xN.1147643684_8u3w.jpg

the firestrike:

mods include:

AR removal

plunger seal reinforced

removed the stock led and installed laser diode

custom paint

il_570xN.1148220116_rd9g.jpg

#358020 My 1st rewire and motor upgrade

Posted by joeybootz on 17 February 2017 - 01:34 PM in Modifications

nice job man. I was thinking about getting one of those artifact FWC but I want the canted and they are sold out :(

#357782 How much can the stock Stryfe motors take?

Posted by joeybootz on 02 February 2017 - 02:25 PM in Modifications

They have them here: http://www.containme...t-category/mtb/

Sold out still. I spoke with MTB and they are backordered for a while still :(. I order mine direct from blastertech.

#357772 How much can the stock Stryfe motors take?

Posted by joeybootz on 01 February 2017 - 02:07 PM in Modifications

I currently run 3 imr 14500 800Mah and a dummy on all my FWB. Works pretty well and I haven't noticed much degrading of the motors. Its a huge performance increase but not recommended. I have just purchased a dozen MTB HoneyBadger motors and plan to upgrade to 2s Lipo on all my blasters. I really do not have a need(or see a significant value on going 3s, plus the MTB Rhinos are hard to get and I'm not going to 180's....

#357714 South Jersey Nerfers

Posted by joeybootz on 28 January 2017 - 08:14 AM in Nerf Wars

Hey Guys, i just wanted to let everyone know there is a new INDOOR nerf location in Sewell NJ. THey just opened and have nerf wars every Friday night. here is the site. i played there with my son lastnight and had a blast. THey only accept 30 players per session(every hour) and break it down by age group. they supply the darts and safety glasses. mods and DIY's are welcome as well.

www.legendsbp.com

#357622 Best ways\tricks to strip paint from your blaster

Posted by joeybootz on 19 January 2017 - 04:01 PM in General Nerf

Hey everyone, so i was wondering how to remove the paint from a nerf while still keeping the ABS in tact and not making it brittle or destroying it completely. What has everyone used in the past\present to remove paint from your blasters?

i personally have had great success with DOT 3 brake fluid soaked overnight. Paint just falls off while not damaging the ABS.

#357618 Nerf prices skyrocket

Posted by joeybootz on 19 January 2017 - 10:45 AM in General Nerf

not sure if you are in the NJ area but Kmart is offering 30% off the entire store at certain locations as they are closing shop. I picked up 2 hyperfire, 3 stryfe,2 crossbolt, 1 modulus ecs and a retaliator for 170.... that's INSANE... plus every Friday the % goes up until they close shop in March. My parents live in Wildwood, NJ and they call me every Friday with the sales prices lol.

#357473 South Jersey Nerfers

Posted by joeybootz on 06 January 2017 - 07:23 AM in Nerf Wars

Thanks everyone, i will be sure to check out the groups. We consist of parents(im late 30's) and kids(ranging from 8-14). I did see a few videos on the Allentown wars although its about 1.5 hrs from me(i live near the Atlantic City expressway entrance). I would like to get a war going at a local park here in Washington township, just have to figure out how to do it(rules and allowances from the park rangers). I was a D3 speedball\xball player for about 8 years as well as on a scenario paintball team(13th legionnaires) but wifey made me retire as the cost was crazy lol. Look forward to meeting new people and hopefully attending a few events.

I modfied my first blaster and now im hooked on getting more and modding them haha. so much for cheap hobby. 

#357471 nerfhaven threatens to shut down MY ISP?

Posted by joeybootz on 05 January 2017 - 08:36 PM in Site Feedback

Wow, I'm an IT professional by trade with over 18 yrs experience(yes I am an old head). I have run forums and joined forums.. This kid would have been blacklisted already. Rules are quite simple, don't be a d1ck or troll and life is good.. not sure why you are trying to start needless drama..

now odds are your ISP wont disconnect service for "trolling" as they have bigger things to worry about but this is a friendly site for people who love the sport.If one or more rule does not sit well with you, you can always feel free to unsubscribe.

sorry I am new here but damn drama..

#357448 South Jersey Nerfers

Posted by joeybootz on 05 January 2017 - 09:39 AM in Nerf Wars

Hey everyone, i am new to Nerf and getting into it with my Son and neighborhood kids. We are always looking for places to play. Are there any nerfer's around the south Jersey area?