Vexal's Content

There have been 62 items by Vexal (Search limited from 10-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#356965 LongStrike with Immortal kit question

Posted by Vexal on 30 November 2016 - 09:38 PM in Modifications

Hello! I was wondering if it was worth it to put brass in the barrel from the dart tooth through the detachable barrel

#356700 I'm Scared My Gun Might Blow Up In My Face

Posted by Vexal on 09 November 2016 - 08:12 PM in Modifications

but then i couldnt get the springs back.... the retaliator costs 45 freakin bucks in korea alone.... also it seems pretty stable. although the smart AR is getting a bit glitchy. sometimes it works some times not. but the increase in accuracy and sheer power is probably worth it.

You could just get the OMW retaliator replacement spring, and by the time you'd want your springs back id assume your gun would be toast, so you can just cut into the shell

#356674 I'm Scared My Gun Might Blow Up In My Face

Posted by Vexal on 07 November 2016 - 07:36 PM in Modifications

You could, as dangerous as this sounds, unscrew the thing, smother each screw in some sort of glue or epoxy, and then screw it back in for additional support

#356119 Ohio Hell Before Halloween

Posted by Vexal on 05 October 2016 - 04:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Do you know what the predicted attendance is going to be? Because ironically, this war is my bday :) and I might drive the 3hrs to come here if attendance is high enough

#355336 What water gun to mod

Posted by Vexal on 02 August 2016 - 02:57 PM in Modifications

The only super soakers I know of are the Hydro Cannon and the Super Soaker Max D 2000. There are a lot more, but their names evade me

#355287 17/32 Brass Vs 9/16 Brass: What fit for elites

Posted by Vexal on 30 July 2016 - 10:54 PM in Darts and Barrels

<p>

K&S 19/32" is a really sloppy fit, since its ID is .570"
K&S 9/16" is a loose fit with an ID of .5345" which is way too loose for springers unless it's part of a hybrid/telescope barrel.
K&S 17/32" has an ID of .503" and should fit stock darts (name brand or not) really well. It did the last time I used it.

And no, none of them make a "perfect" seal because you're interfacing brass with brass. Even when you screw brass fittings together tightly you have to dope, tape, or gasket the joint to get it to seal pressure. They wouldn't be able to slide inside of each other if they were toleranced really closely either. You're going to sacrifice a tiny fraction of your range potential in favor of having the convenient of a brass breech.

I've generally not been particularly happy using brass for barrels because the downsides are

• Really difficult to glue to anything to it. Usually best to just nest it inside of something else using electrical tape instead, which also helps to mitigate the next issue...
  • Easily damaged because the walls are so thin.
  • Tarnishes, lymes, and gets ugly really quickly.
  • An extremely smooth interior surface is great for air-powered blasters, but not particularly preferable with springers.

For my BBB I currently have 12 inches of 17/32 nested in 1/2' PVC. But yeah, I can't seem to rear load stock elites into it, except for some reason, zombie strike elites (which I know are a repaint).

#355282 17/32 Brass Vs 9/16 Brass: What fit for elites

Posted by Vexal on 30 July 2016 - 08:05 PM in Darts and Barrels

Hello!
I am in the process of modding my Nitefinder, and I was wondering what dart fit would be better. I currently only have 17/32 brass in my hands, and it's a pretty tight fit (the only darts I can use for some reason are some zombie strike darts, as I can easily twist them in with some force).

So, I was wondering what everyone else uses for fitting elites. Also, does nested 9/16 brass over 17/32 create a perfect seal? (I wanna create a sliding breech, but if 9/16 is a better fit then I'd have to get 19/32 brass then)

#354786 Indianerfolis 2016

Posted by Vexal on 04 July 2016 - 10:54 AM in Nerf Wars

Anyone in indiana going to Indianerfolis? I know that I am

(See the original Indianerfolis post by Nerfrocketeer)

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

I merged this into the indianerfolis thread.  There's no need to start a new thread just to ask who is going.

#354734 Elite Strongarm Barrel Dart Pegs Removal & BB Gun Mod For Elite St

Posted by Vexal on 01 July 2016 - 12:00 AM in Modifications

The point of the dart pegs is to not allow foreign objects into the barrel, such as batteries, etc.

#354726 PVC vs CPVC: What to use

Posted by Vexal on 30 June 2016 - 07:53 PM in Darts and Barrels

Hey man! You definitely want to use CPVC for your BBB if it's available. CPVC couplers will fit pretty well on a cut down barrel. Also make sure you put another spring in your BBB. 

I put a [k26] in there (and reinforced things of course). And about the barrel, I thought 17/32 brass would be better than (I assume) 1/2" CPVC.

#354713 PVC vs CPVC: What to use

Posted by Vexal on 30 June 2016 - 03:14 PM in Darts and Barrels

Besides McMaster Carr, where else can I purchase 17/32 brass that's reliable?

#354671 PVC vs CPVC: What to use

Posted by Vexal on 29 June 2016 - 07:43 PM in Darts and Barrels

Thank you all for taking the time to answer my questions! I really appreciate it!
Now, I have one more thing to ask. Can someone please explain to my father how 17/32 brass can fit inside Sch. 40 1/2" PVC? Because he frankly isn't understanding it in my words, and tbh I didn't explain it the best XD

#354632 Where to buy Buzz Bee Sentinels

Posted by Vexal on 28 June 2016 - 10:19 AM in General Nerf

Update: I have found Sentinels on Cabelas website, and I have purchased one. As of my last check on their website, they're on sale for $10.44 or something like that

#354620 PVC vs CPVC: What to use

Posted by Vexal on 27 June 2016 - 10:03 PM in Darts and Barrels

No. 9/16 brass will.

Honestly, most, if not all of your questions can be answered with this magical secret that few know about.

I know that all brass can fit over eachother (I.e 17/32 < 9/16 < 19/32, etc). But what I'm talking about is what type of pipe (CPVC and PVC) can fit over the least amount of brass pipe layers

#354618 PVC vs CPVC: What to use

Posted by Vexal on 27 June 2016 - 08:11 PM in Darts and Barrels

No need to telescope with elites. Just remember to cover the brass with something so that it won't cut anyone.

You might want to consider making a brass breech for a 3b, though. It's a efficient and will increase ROF a ton.

Will any CPVC or PVC fit directly over 17/32 brass?

#354612 PVC vs CPVC: What to use

Posted by Vexal on 27 June 2016 - 05:15 PM in Darts and Barrels

Thanks everyone for their input!
If I went with a brass barrel, should I telescope it (starting with 17/32), or just have the entire barrel be 17/32' brass?

#354601 PVC vs CPVC: What to use

Posted by Vexal on 27 June 2016 - 11:20 AM in Darts and Barrels

Greatly depends on what you want to shoot. For example, many different kinds of foam have a nice push/twist fit in CPVC, but if you ahve really, really fat stefans, you might want to consider PETG or brass. Elite darts have a very tight fit in CPVC, and can be hard to have a high ROF with a single barrel. It is also worth noting that 1/2 PEX can be you "alternate" CPVC if it is unavailable.

1/2 PVC is basically too large for any darts besides the "mega stefans". For a 3B firing elites, 17/32 brass is the way to go.

Because I can't be bothered to make or buy stefans, I'll be using elites. Now, how would I barrel the 17/32 brass pipe in the BBB?

#354598 PVC vs CPVC: What to use

Posted by Vexal on 27 June 2016 - 10:51 AM in Darts and Barrels

Hello!
I am in the process of rebarreling my BBB, and I was wondering which type of pipe to use for the coupler and barrel!

#354584 Buzz Bee Sentinel Mods

Posted by Vexal on 26 June 2016 - 08:03 PM in Modifications

I honestly have no fucking clue what you're doing, go trouble shoot yourself a bit. Did you put both the [k26] and stock spring in? I think your spring rest CPVC ring sucks and probably isn't compressing the [k26] at all.

I didn't put the [k26] and the stock spring in at the same time. Should I?

#354580 LEDs in barrel break sonic fire

Posted by Vexal on 26 June 2016 - 01:59 PM in Modifications

Hey so I was wondering if anyone has tried to put LEDs inside a sonic fire barrel break? Lots of moving parts I was wondering if it is even possible?

I suggest just google it or search it on the forums. I don't think anyone has since the Barrel Break isn't that good of a blaster.

Where do you plan on having the LED's at?

#354579 Buzz Bee Sentinel Mods

Posted by Vexal on 26 June 2016 - 01:50 PM in Modifications

Did you troubleshoot you blaster yourself?
I really don't like this spoon feeding but, did you check everything in your blaster. O ring in, no cracks and PT is good, than it works. It sounds like you fucked something up because [k26] is about double the prime weight of the stock spring. 

When I prime it back, the prime weight feels the same

#354576 Buzz Bee Sentinel Mods

Posted by Vexal on 26 June 2016 - 11:40 AM in Modifications

>sigh
first, you usually test. If it doesn't fit than cut it down, but just because a spring isn't the same length uncompressed, doesn't mean it won't be the same length compressed. It fits 13 coils, full compression in the sentinel. 

I put a [k26] to 13 coils in there and im getting the same ranges I was with the stock spring :/

#354572 Buzz Bee Sentinel Mods

Posted by Vexal on 25 June 2016 - 09:46 PM in Modifications

What I mean is that when I cut the [k26] to 13 coils, it doesn't match the length of the stock spring. Wouldn't that be bad?

#354568 Buzz Bee Sentinel Mods

Posted by Vexal on 25 June 2016 - 08:23 PM in Modifications

You cut down to 13 coils and it fits. the ring is a small sliver, it will be near full compression.

A [k26] to 13 coils isn't even close to the length of the original spring. is this alright?

#354527 Barrel type to use to fire elites in an air blaster

Posted by Vexal on 24 June 2016 - 09:45 AM in Darts and Barrels

I think he's asking about NPT.

Correct

#354499 Buzz Bee Sentinel Mods

Posted by Vexal on 23 June 2016 - 01:08 AM in Modifications

Now with the ring on, will it add pre-compression on the [k26] spring (Cut down to 13 coils)? Or will it make it a snug fit?

#354493 Buzz Bee Sentinel Mods

Posted by Vexal on 22 June 2016 - 11:42 PM in Modifications

There's a literal fucking guide I poured 8+ hours on and I feel insulted that you didn't read through it, because this is shown in the picture. I don't get what's unclear,  /endsalt

I have no idea what your interpretation is, but there are pictures that show what it should look like HERE under spring replacement

Dude trust me, I studied that guide. And it's well done. And I see what it looks like, but 2ndBluesBro is showing me a different way about how it's done, which I think is the same thing as yours but with excess pipe

#354487 Buzz Bee Sentinel Mods

Posted by Vexal on 22 June 2016 - 08:25 PM in Modifications

This diagram should explain it. I threw the 1/4" long piece away. The ridge is resting against the orange piece and prevents the coupler from sliding backwards. 

attachicon.gifsentinel spring rest diagram.png

Here is what I interpreted from your diagram. Let me know if I got this right or not. http://imgur.com/SZgQeLj

#354483 Barrel type to use to fire elites in an air blaster

Posted by Vexal on 22 June 2016 - 07:30 PM in Darts and Barrels

Everyone is dancing around the thing of substance here:  With a drain blaster, it doesn't matter who tight the barrel is, it will eject (at minimum) a portion of the dart  no matter what.  Probably the whole thing, even in something tight like 1/2" Flowguard Gold CPVC.  I recommend PETG for micro darts, which is partially why I offer it for sale to the community.

However.
Nobody want to play against a singled drain blaster shooting micro darts.  It isn't safe.  Almost all organized wars (in the developed world) require air blasters of Titan volume or greater to shoot larger ammo like rockets, balls, Demo missiles, etc. or have multiple micro dart barrels.

As for connecting to the drain blaster, my favorite method is to use a 1/2" NPT pipe die and cut threads on to the little outlet ball.  Then thread on a 1/2" NPT to slip pipe coupler.  I prefer to use pipe adhesive to weld the coupler on, but that is usually because I have no intention of removing it later.

It's going to be mainly for personal use, and can you show a picture of the pipe you're talking about because I can't find it online

#354480 Buzz Bee Sentinel Mods

Posted by Vexal on 22 June 2016 - 06:10 PM in Modifications

No I slipped it over the stock orange piece with the cut end facing towards the front of the blaster.

Was it the outside 1/4th that you used or the inside part with the ridge?

#354478 Buzz Bee Sentinel Mods

Posted by Vexal on 22 June 2016 - 04:52 PM in Modifications

Yes, it's a new spring rest. I actually used a 1/2" PVC coupler with about 1/4 of it cut off (I used a band saw but there are many ways to do this) and it fits in perfectly. A [k26] won't fit without reaming the coupler out, though, but that's done easily enough with a dremel. I ended up using some random spring that fit and seemed pretty strong.

So you used the 1/4 piece you cut off?

#354477 Barrel type to use to fire elites in an air blaster

Posted by Vexal on 22 June 2016 - 04:34 PM in Darts and Barrels

1/2 CPVC is sometimes a good fit for darts. Bring a dart with you to check. 1/2 CPVC sometimes fits into 1/2-PVC Schedule 40; otherwise you want 200 psi 'thinwall' 1/2 PVC. 1/2 PVC doesn't reliably fit into anything other than a 1/2 PVC coupler, I think 3/4 PVC is close though you'll need to ream it out.

I've got no idea how that relates to the drain blaster though. Your best bet is finding a barrel that works with your darts (push/twist fit in the CPVC) and then a way to attach that to the drain blaster's output port, ideally by bringing that part to the store to check the fit.

Before you ask, no, you cannot buy Australian standard electrical conduit in the US. At least, not cost-effectively (you could probably import some, if you wanted to spend loads of cash). We have different standards and use a different measurement system.

If you watched the vid you would see that I'm planning on attaching a coupler to the end of the drain blaster. And for the barrel that the elite will go into, would it be fine if there's a tiny amount of space between the dart and the wall of the pipe once the elites inside of it?

#354474 Barrel type to use to fire elites in an air blaster

Posted by Vexal on 22 June 2016 - 02:41 PM in Darts and Barrels

From what I know from reading lots of posts on here 17/32 is the OD of a elite dart, most people utilize 1/2 inch ID pvc or cpvc for barrels if I'm correct.

The barrel materials guide post in this section will have all the info for you.

I read in the barrel materials guide and it said for air blasters it should be lose fitting around the dart. But what I am unsure about is how lose it needs to be

#354472 Barrel type to use to fire elites in an air blaster

Posted by Vexal on 22 June 2016 - 02:28 PM in Darts and Barrels

Hello!

I am in the process of making a homemade-ish type of gun out of a drain blaster! For a quick reference to what i'm talking about, please visit this video! -> 

In the video, he uses 16mm, 20mm, and 25mm piping (Australian standard electrical conduit , according to him). I was wondering if anyone knows what type of pipe this is, where i can find it, and how tight my darts should be in the inner barrel (elite darts in the 16mm barrel), as I live in the US and am unsure what measurements (1/4 in, 3/8 in, etc) to use

#354441 Indianerfolis 2016

Posted by Vexal on 21 June 2016 - 05:25 PM in Nerf Wars

Would sunglasses work as eye protection? Also, why aren't modified super soakers allowed? (Such as a Max D 2000)

#354438 Buzz Bee Sentinel Mods

Posted by Vexal on 21 June 2016 - 03:53 PM in Modifications

You only put the [k26] in, no need for the stock spring after that. You should do the reinforcement with that mod too, 
The ring gives a place for the spring to rest and compress because there is little room for a spring to sit and compress otherwise.

Ok so the new CPVC ring is meant to be a better support for the new spring to rest and compress on rather then the stock spot where the stock spring rested on?

#354430 Buzz Bee Sentinel Mods

Posted by Vexal on 21 June 2016 - 01:19 PM in Modifications

A single [k26] or a [k26] and the stock spring? And why is the CPVC ring needed?

#354419 Buzz Bee Sentinel Mods

Posted by Vexal on 21 June 2016 - 08:11 AM in Modifications

yeaa, Sentinel hits 120ish with USCs and just AR banged out, 
You don't need much and it's great. I used it and it's HVZ legal, works fine for superstock

You don't really need a brass breech IMO, and follow my amazing guide (8ish+ hours put into that) like Blitz linked,

attachicon.gif12998416_10150698643564980_7471767654097071132_o.jpg

I have a couple of questions to ask you about your spring replacement. First of all, how did you make your cpvc ring out of a cpvc coupler? Did you just use a pipe cutter to cut it? And what is its dimensions? Second of all, did you put in a non cut-down [k26] in there ontop of the stock spring? And if it is cut down, how many coils?

Sorry for the large amount of questions  :D

#354401 Buzz Bee Sentinel Mods

Posted by Vexal on 20 June 2016 - 06:46 PM in Modifications

Hello!
I was wondering if anyone on here has any experience modding a Sentinel! I know Make Test Battle did a brass breech and replacement spring mod, but they did not show how they did it. (I am very inexperienced with brass breeching). If anyone could help me out that would be great! :)

#354371 Indianerfolis 2016

Posted by Vexal on 19 June 2016 - 08:37 PM in Nerf Wars

I will be coming and may or may not bring a friend or two. :)
Will trading and buying/selling of Blasters be allowed?