nomad01's Content

There have been 12 items by nomad01 (Search limited from 03-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#322532 Prince Caspian wrist crossbow mod.

Posted by nomad01 on 13 October 2012 - 03:46 AM in Modifications

Even the nerds you hang out with think that you're an enormous dork. I just wanted you to know that.
[/quote]

Says the anal retentive moderator of a nerf site. Glass houses, thats all I'm saying :)

#321459 Homemades Forum Policy

Posted by nomad01 on 07 September 2012 - 08:40 PM in Site Feedback

Don't question the modorators, they are perfect in every way & never make mistakes. Just ask them if you have an hour or 48 to spare :)

#320654 Retaliator revive project.

Posted by nomad01 on 18 August 2012 - 10:06 PM in Modifications

It appears you're addressing two different people with that post, as the person concerned with the longshot and with the great pictures also has great post quality.

Unlike you.

The Longshot is also not discontinued; I've seen it still in stock in some retail locations.

just did a look around at the nerf website and no longshot, no longshot=discontinued:P if you knew anything about logistics you'd know stores have warehouses that store product. most likely those stores had some left over in thier stock or were just not selling everything as soon as they get it.
USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

#320652 Fantasy Football anyone?

Posted by nomad01 on 18 August 2012 - 09:33 PM in Off Topic

Amazing, What's coming out lists & idea threads are pounced upon without remorse by the dusc I meen moderators but this one goes unmolested

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

#319921 Would this mod work?

Posted by nomad01 on 04 August 2012 - 07:26 PM in Modifications

I agree with Ktcookie & like him my 1st go at moding was a maverick. Personaly the brassing idea sounds cool, I might even have to steal it from you when I get around to geting some brass myself. Unless these guys are paying you to mod the blaster for them who realy cares what they think, it's a hobby have fun.

#319919 Need painting advice!

Posted by nomad01 on 04 August 2012 - 07:10 PM in General Nerf

I'll add idea #3, go to Walmart get yourself a can of grey, black or white primer(depends on the color you want to use)a can of the main color you want, a can of Crystal Clear Enamel Coat, a can of Matte finish and what eveer Acrylic Water Based paints they have that you'd like to used for details & weathering. It should be selfexplanitory but start with priming the blaster with the chosen primer(apply lightly like 2 light coats, 1 thick coat could hide detail). Next once your primer coat is dry spray on your primary color once again a few light coats. Next using the acrylic water based paints & a brush ad any details that you want. With the Crystal Clear coat I usualy put on around 4-5 good coats of it(This is going to be doing the lion's share of protecting the paint job you just labored over). Finaly to get rid of that super shinney look that the crystal coat has given your blaster give it 2-3 coats of the matte finish leave to dry for about a day & you should have a good looking blaster with a paint job that should stay for awhile.

#318161 My take on the Retaliator

Posted by nomad01 on 08 July 2012 - 07:01 AM in General Nerf

My range test was purely for distance only. I do not plan on keeping this stock, so stock accuracy is not too important. However my friend was playing around with it after I filmed my video. he had better luck with it. 5 shots clustered pretty well at 55-60 feet. I will take your advice regarding the accuracy test after I mod this.

From your friend's results it sounds like it truly will be an elite blaster, just wished they would have cloned the alpha trooper insted of the raider(guess that's what orange mod works is for if you have the money).

#318126 My take on the Retaliator

Posted by nomad01 on 07 July 2012 - 10:17 AM in General Nerf

I recently found a Retaliator at TRU, and did a video review for it.

Or as I like to call it the Recon 2.0, its honestly the best "stock" blaster I have seen in a long time. A few things I missed in the review, The color redesign is nice, I like the Blue with White and Orange accents and the elite darts are I think Hasbro/Nerf trying to make a safer stefan. Overall while my blaster hit the 75 foot on occasion, it's still a great stock with much more potential then the Recon. Highly recommend it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIizDdX3eo4

Great review but as with all "range tests" it wasn't the effective range but where the dart lands without hiting anything. A true range test would be place a mark on the wall at the height you fire the blaster at, fire from set distances & once the dart isn't hiting the height mark that's the distance it fires. Sory if this comes across as snarky but I'm geting a bit tired of people saying they are hiting 75 feet when in reality it's more like 50 feet effective range. Other than the range test it was good info.

#317638 Recon problem

Posted by nomad01 on 28 June 2012 - 08:41 AM in Modifications

I have a problem with my Nerf Recon. I drilled out all the AR's and re-loobed the plunger tube and head, and stretched the sprig a little. With those mods i now get good ranges. So one day I opened it up so I could do some cosmetic work, and I noticed that the o-ring had stretched. I went out and bought a new one that fits perfect. I reloobed it and the proformince has dropped by at least 15yd. I need help what do I do? (sorry about any spelling errors)

If you haven't already seen it on Orange Mod Works' site they have really good mod guides for the recon, alpha trooper, raider & long strike. Think if I recall right they recommend a #67 o-ring for the recon with a few wraps of Teflon tape. Also if you want to boost the spring power a bit without buying a new spring wrap electricians tape around the plunger tube then trim to get the stock spring to max compression.

#312396 The Definitive Guide to Posting From an iDevice

Posted by nomad01 on 04 March 2012 - 07:18 AM in General Nerf

So you wrote a tutorial on how to properly post photos from a phone, but you're telling us you'll fix your shitty sideways images later? Saying you'll fix it later is the exact problem I have with people posting from their phone. You seem to be trying so hard to post a helpful thread that will get pinned, but you just aren't pulling it off. I don't know what part of NJ you're from, but there was an actual nerf war today in your state. You could have gone to that, and Nerfed. That's why we're all here, right? To nerf? Not to talk about nerfing, or to talk about how to use a nerf forum, or to seek the approval of other nerfers on the internet. So instead of expending all this effort on trying to be helpful to the forums, you could maybe get your ass to an actual war? Or make some darts, or mod some blasters, or try to talk some of your friends into nerfing and having a backyard war or something. Anything really. And then, if you do something really awesome, you could post about that. That would be cool.

How exactly do you do you engage in a nerf war from behind a computer screen??? Do you have your buddies with all of their computers with you in a room with nerfhaven pulled up & blasters in hand? Last time I checked the internet was created for sharing information & ideas which is what this poster was trying to do.

#311819 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by nomad01 on 25 February 2012 - 08:08 AM in Modifications

Hope this works as I have no idea how to post pics here and there's nothing in the help file for the computer chalenged like me. These are pics of my modded praxis. I did the usual stuff on the inside so nothing new there. On the outside I got rid of the shotgun action in favor of a bolt action that I made useing a screw driver & so 2 part epoxy puty, mounted a modded secret strike with a 3 barrel turret from some Buzzbee blaster on the now free underside of the paxis' barrel, kit bashed 2 10 disc clips to make a 25 disc clip, made a 6 round N-strike clip into a 6 round railmounted ammo holder & gave the shell a paint job. I'm going to try to posts the pics I took bellow, if this doesn't work could some one please let me know how to go about posting pics? Thank you, nomad.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#311738 Noise cancelation mod ideas for fly wheel designs

Posted by nomad01 on 23 February 2012 - 11:12 PM in Modifications

I bought a Rayven and have so far done the lock removals (electronic & physical). I'm planing on uping the voltage to 18 volts(2x9volt) but while I'm sure the gun roaring like a beast every time the motors rev up may intimidate the hell out of you opponent I'd like to come up with a way to maybe not get rid of the roaring motor sound all together (thinking that would be impossible) but at least drop it down closer to stock noise level. Along these lines I'm thinking my best and probly ceepest bet would be puting foam rubber space fillers in all the dead spaces inside the gun. This way I'm thinking the inside of any nerf gun is basicly one big echo chamber and the foam rubber would absorb at least some of the sound & vibration. That's my guess at a solution if anyone else has a beter/cooler idea I'd like to hear it and may even try it out. Thanks in advance for any help offered, Nomad.