ilikefish58's Content

There have been 81 items by ilikefish58 (Search limited from 18-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#363737 Moddifications for the Nerf Vulcan EBF 25

Posted by ilikefish58 on 18 March 2019 - 09:19 PM in Modifications

I made a vulcan writeup several years ago at: http://nerfhaven.com...ulcan-overhaul/

Time has proved that the electrical work was way, way sub-par. If you attempt a mod, do NOT use trustfire batteries. Use a real lipo and redo all the wiring in heavier gauge wire.

That said, my writeup references and links Split's original writeup, and is maybe good for a reference of how you can remove the AR and/or do a spring swap. Its pretty well impossible to make a vulcan not HvZ legal as far as power is concerned. Upping the voltage will improve your rate of fire tremendously, which is the advantage of a vulcan in an HvZ setting, which some HvZ Moderators may take issue with. With crap wiring and crap batteries, I was getting a rate of fire in the neighborhood of 600 rounds per minute. 

I will say that it may not be wise to crack into a vulcan as your first mod. Its a relatively complicated blaster in terms of the mechanics, and if you've never performed a mod before, all the pieces may become overwhelming.

#355040 Nerf Wars Pictures/Footage Thread

Posted by ilikefish58 on 16 July 2016 - 09:58 PM in Nerf Wars

Houston Summer War 2016 footage:

#355039 Houston Summer War 2016

Posted by ilikefish58 on 16 July 2016 - 09:56 PM in Nerf Wars

War video. Apologies for the shakiness. Will probaby try to invest in a micro gimble before the next war. Also, I accidentally didn't film about half the war due to forgetting how the camera worked.

Fantastic war, y'all. Great turnout.

#354892 Houston Summer War 2016

Posted by ilikefish58 on 09 July 2016 - 07:24 PM in Nerf Wars

We're a week out!

I will try to bring some stuff to trade including a vortex drum and a bag of vortex discs. If you feel so inclined, bring stuff you would like to trade or sell as well.

#354249 2016 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by ilikefish58 on 15 June 2016 - 08:50 PM in Nerf Wars

July:

16th [TX] Houston Summer War 2016

#354119 Houston Summer War 2016

Posted by ilikefish58 on 11 June 2016 - 10:17 AM in Nerf Wars

aWuXfaL.jpg

8510 Will Clayton Drive Humble, TX 77396
Date/Time: Saturday, July 16th, 10:00 AM - Whenever

If you are coming off 59, park in the FIRST parking lot you get to (before the sign, even). We'll be over by the alpine trail in the nice, wooded area with lots of shade and cover. If you need better directions, PM me and I'll give you my number.

What to bring:
-Eye Protection (seriously, guys, let's not get hurt). If you have multiple pairs of safety glasses, please bring them along, just in case.
-Blasters: Primary, Secondary, Pistols, Etc.
-Loaners: If we get a group of newcomers, these will be very important.
-Stuff for trading. Work it out in this thread or just bring some choice items. Most of us have a decent collection, so bringing a bunch of crap will just wear you out.
-Bring your own hydration and lots of it. It's gonna be hot.
-Darts. Lots of them. There's practically no grass where we've been playing, but you will lose some.
-Good attitude, but that goes without saying.
-FRIENDS.

What Not to Bring:
-Overly powerful blasters, like a singled Titan or whatnot.
-Crap darts. No exposed metal, please. I personally don't care if you're shooting slugs or domes or stock darts or what have you, but let's not go crazy.
-Camo/Black/Realistic blasters. Historically this hasn't been a problem.

Games played: Lots of free-for-all 3:15, some team/wingman games, the rest depends on attendance. If we get a decent size group, objective games will be played heavily.

Attendees:

ilikefish58

+1 (from youtube)

snakerbot

HJNerf

Ganarndy + #

Maybes:

Neeko Paladin

6 from facebook event

#353078 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by ilikefish58 on 26 April 2016 - 09:04 PM in Modifications

C25B4413-1044-4166-935A-4BA007306EBA_zps

36EF6AF5-65EB-45E5-B83A-0DDC82493D49_zps

26EA3598-04A2-462F-902C-E97695ACFA38_zps

Blasty McBlaster

An Elite Alpha Trooper with the front lower pump slide of a Raider, a Triad as the pump handle, and a Longshot front end and carry handle.

Stick magazines are unaffected by the Triad pump handle. I can no longer comfortably use drum mags with it, but that doesn't really bother me.

The triad is stock. The Elite Alpha Trooper has a lock removed, but is otherwise stock also.

#350155 Vulcan Issues

Posted by ilikefish58 on 24 December 2015 - 03:40 PM in General Nerf

Seems like I'm gonna have to pop this beast open and see what maker her tick. Will keep you guys posted. 

Don't be afraid to open it up. All the vulcan's mechanical components are more or less self-contained. Sounds to me like you may have a faulty electrical switch by the trigger. Then again if it doesn't always fire in manual and you have to manually re-prime it, it may be a catch issue.

This was my old vulcan writeup. There are a ton of things I'd do different now, namely replace all the wiring and switches, but it may help you as a general reference.

#350125 Houston Area Christmas War CANCELLED

Posted by ilikefish58 on 22 December 2015 - 01:18 PM in Nerf Wars

Due to the projected weather and low availability of people, I'm going to have to cancel this.

#350047 Houston Area Christmas War CANCELLED

Posted by ilikefish58 on 17 December 2015 - 08:57 PM in Nerf Wars

Found out my brother and his fiancée are coming in on the 26th, so I'm no longer go for that day.  I'm off until January 4th, so if you're able to move it back, even to midweek, that would work better for me. 

That's pretty much the only day I can do it.

If I don't get any more people by next Wednesday, it'll have to be cancelled.

#349989 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by ilikefish58 on 13 December 2015 - 06:56 PM in Modifications

7F057306-4471-47FE-A85E-A8ECC213E7BA_zps

Re-barrelled, added Retaliator spring, and added a rear-loading slot to a Cycloneshock this weekend.  End results are rather underwhelming compared to what I was hoping for.  It's hitting in the ballpark of 70' flat.

#349970 Houston Area Christmas War CANCELLED

Posted by ilikefish58 on 12 December 2015 - 04:24 PM in Nerf Wars

Wait, what?

Whenever it is, I should be there.

Whoops. That would be AM.

#349940 Houston Area Christmas War CANCELLED

Posted by ilikefish58 on 10 December 2015 - 08:28 AM in Nerf Wars

CANCELLED

Kgl1tFs.jpg
Date/Time: Saturday, December 26th, 10:00 AM - Whenever

If you are coming off 59, park in the FIRST parking lot you get to (before the sign, even). We'll be over by the alpine trail in the nice, wooded area with lots of shade and cover. If you need better directions, PM me and I'll give you my number.

What to bring:
-Eye Protection (seriously, guys, let's not get hurt). If you have multiple pairs of safety glasses, please bring them along, just in case.
-Blasters: Primary, Secondary, Pistols, Etc.
-Stuff for trading. Work it out in this thread or just bring some choice items. Most of us have a decent collection, so bringing a bunch of crap will just wear you out.
-Bring your own hydration.
-Darts. Lots of them. There's practically no grass where we've been playing, but you will lose some.
-FRIENDS.

What Not to Bring:
-Crap darts. No exposed metal, please. I personally don't care if you're shooting slugs or domes or stock darts or what have you, but let's not go crazy.

Games played: Lots of free-for-all 3:15, some team/wingman games, the rest depends on attendance. If we get a decent size group, objective games will be played heavily.

Attendees:
ilikefish58 +1

#349674 Houston Area Thanksgiving War Take 2

Posted by ilikefish58 on 26 November 2015 - 11:53 AM in Nerf Wars

Hell with it.  On, Saturday, my wife and I will be out here around 1:00.  If no one shows up by 1:30, we'll probably shoot each other a few times and leave.

Kgl1tFs.jpg

Date/Time: Saturday, November 28th, 1:00 PM - Whenever

What to bring:
-Blasters: Primary, Secondary, Etc.
-Bring your own hydration.
-FRIENDS.

What Not to Bring:

#349591 Nerf Wars in Houston, Texas?

Posted by ilikefish58 on 23 November 2015 - 08:31 AM in Nerf Wars

Is there a lack of interest in the foam flinging department in the Houston community? I am surprised by the lack of participation as described. Keeping it low in party size sounds like the best option(4+), depending on game type. Also think there should be a quarterly schedule (meaning 1 war in a 3 month timeframe) and recruiting a party before the war. 

If you can organize that, more power to you.  For the record, my wife and I will be in town the weekend after thanksgiving and the weekend after Christmas, if anyone wants to do one this year.

#348946 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by ilikefish58 on 04 October 2015 - 05:26 PM in Homemades

Did some maintenance and finally got around to painting my Rainbow Longstrike
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#348675 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by ilikefish58 on 07 September 2015 - 01:16 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Posted Image

#347903 Houston area war

Posted by ilikefish58 on 17 July 2015 - 05:44 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be on a family vacation from August 8 through August 16, so I will not be able to make it

#347621 Nerf Wars in Houston, Texas?

Posted by ilikefish58 on 02 July 2015 - 08:10 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm in when/if people start hosting wars down here. Up by me in Humble, I can think of a place or two to host a war. If theres enough interest from people in Houston, I'd be willing to do pair with someone, and do some of the leg work myself.

We used to war at Humble City Park (Hilton C Shott). It is about 5 minutes from my parent's house. We used the area with all the trees in the back corner where bystanders rarely got in the way. It's a good location.

I'm also interested in getting together for a little shoot around or something larger. I can pitch in to help make it happen too. How many people do you think we need for something like this? 6-8 minimum? I think getting together on the average weekend, probably not a holiday, or later after work would be solid.

Near the end, we typically had 6ish, but we've warred with as few as 3 before. What ends up happening is a lot of free-for-all deathmatch for any number of people less than 6.

Depending on the timing, I'd be a maybe on attending. I'm about 4 hours north of Houston, but my wife and I are willing to come down and war if the timing is right.

#342856 Houston area Thanksgiving war

Posted by ilikefish58 on 13 November 2014 - 11:15 PM in Nerf Wars

I will be in town that weekend but like I said before, my girlfriend's 4 year old son will be with us and that'll be the only day we'll have to spend with all of my family, so we won't be able to make it. Maybe we can make it down in December.

#342526 Houston area war planning thread

Posted by ilikefish58 on 21 October 2014 - 08:11 PM in Nerf Wars

I will likely be in the area around the thanksgiving holiday with my girlfriend, who would be willing to join. We will have her 4 year old son with us, however, which will probably affect our availability.

That said, it is not out of the realm of possibility that we can come down without him on any earlier November weekend after the 1st.

Also, I've done basically no maintenance on any of my blasters since the last HAMNO war I attended, so we may need some loaners

Edit: Now I can defintely not come on 11/8.

#329618 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by ilikefish58 on 10 May 2013 - 09:18 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Posted Image

Angel Breeched EAT. Slamfire still works. Ranges and writeup forthcoming.

#329036 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by ilikefish58 on 25 April 2013 - 08:32 PM in Modifications

My 3B/Praxis abomination isn't so much of an abomination anymore.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#328292 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by ilikefish58 on 23 March 2013 - 04:09 PM in Modifications

Finally did cosmetics and painted my SMG Stampede
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#327423 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by ilikefish58 on 27 February 2013 - 11:08 PM in Modifications

T3k 2.0.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#327065 Firestrike Rifle

Posted by ilikefish58 on 20 February 2013 - 08:08 AM in Modifications

One question; how secure is the plunger tube to the shell?

And as others said, how did you secure the pt to the shell?

Am I missing something, it seems like you have completely neglected attaching the plunger tube to the blaster ?

You have a large amount of deadspace eg. spring is too short/plunger tube too long.

Any consideration given to adding some sort of spring rest to spread the load ? The plastic seems pretty weak around the catch.

The E-tape around the plunger tube that fits behind the second screw port from the top at the front of the blaster should be enough to hold it in. If you're worried about it or have problems with it coming out, just slather some hot glue in there.

In all my nitefinder rifles and now this, I have that extra "dead space" as an attempt to lessen the wear and tear as the plungerhead slams against the coupler. Sure, there are better ways of doing it, but it works for me. Also, even with the spring shorter, the plungerhead still travels the length of the plungertube. It performs well enough that I don't really care to eliminate any minor inefficiencies.

I gave no consideration to anything around the spring rest. I guess I'll find out if it needs reinforcement over time. Hopefully later rather than sooner.

You know that you can use this: http://www.mcmaster....ow-rods/=lk4jnj in the fire strike because the stock plunger and shell can fit it, and you wont have to use some other plunger head. I have already donethis withe the previously mentioned plunger tube andbasically just smaller, like the same size, and got 90', so ya.

Cool story.

#327051 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by ilikefish58 on 19 February 2013 - 11:17 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Posted Image

#327050 Mod Contest Submission Thread

Posted by ilikefish58 on 19 February 2013 - 11:14 PM in Modifications

Firestrike Rifle. It's a cop out, but its something, I guess.

#327049 Firestrike Rifle

Posted by ilikefish58 on 19 February 2013 - 11:10 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

tools needed:
-Dremel with a cutting disc and sanding drum
-Drill

Supplies:
-Firestrike
-Nitefinder (yeah, its cheating. The Firestrike plunger head is a bit big for the PETG and I sort of already had the NF rifle parts done)
-Screws (with corresponding tap) I used 8/32.
-1" PETG. I get mine at PETCO in the aquarium section.
-1/2" cpvc coupler
-lubricant
-E-tape
-Sharpie
-8732K13 3/8" square nylon bar. You'll only need a foot. I used about 9.5".
-[k26]

Writeup:
Posted Image
Open up your firestrike. You'll see this.
Posted Image
Lift up the LED light and lift the plungertube and the front pieces out of the shell. It'll all come out as one piece.
Posted Image
So, uh, like I said, I already had the NF rifle parts built, so I don't have in progress pics of it, so hopefully I can explain it well enough. Its very straight forward.
Take apart your nitefinder. All you need is the plunger assembly. Take the plunger head off, take the screw out, and set it aside. Carefully drill and tap a hole in the center of one of the ends of your nylon rod. Enlarge the existing screw hole in the Nitefinder plunger head if necessary, then screw the NF plunger head onto the nylon rod. You can kinda see it here.
Posted Image
Set that aside and go back to the firestrike assembly. Take the plunger rod and cut it at the back. Take care not to damage the catch.
Posted Image
Take the catch off and don't lose it. Toss the rest. Now you need to decide how long you want your [k26]. Some people like to use full springs, but personally, I think that makes the PT a bit long, so I usually cut them down to somewhere around 7". That decision will affect how long your 1" PETG PT will be. Cut the PETG 1-2" longer than the spring. Wrap your 1/2" cpvc coupler in E-tape until it fits in the 1" PETG, surround it with goop, and insert it about halfway into the PETG. Take your drill and screw in three screws to hold the coupler in. They also act as a dart stop, should you vacuum load. Slip your [k26] onto the nylon rod, then drop the firestrike catch on top of that. Lube up your plunger head and gingerly insert it into the 1" PETG.
Now look at your firestrike shell. There are little nubs on each side. Sand them down. Also cut about half of the hole on the light off.
Posted Image
Now align the nitefinder rifle plungertube assembly you've made into the shell. Close up the shell. You should probably screw it together. Now pull the nylon rod as far back as you can and mark the nylon rod with a sharpie right next to the shell. Open the shell back up and take out the plunger tube assembly. Take the plunger out of the tube and take the spring off the nylon rod. Put the rod back into the tube and align it back into the firestrike shell. Pull the nylon rod out to where the mark you made is right at the edge of the shell, where it was when the spring was at full compression. Mark where the catch is when the plunger rod is in this position and cut it out with a dremel. Note the shape from this picture.
Posted Image
Now wrap your 1" PETG plunger tube with E-tape until it fits snug behind the screw port. Take the front piece from the firestrike and cut off the part that covers the light halfway where it sits on the screw ports like so.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Fit it back into the shell beneath the plungertube. All you need now is a catch spring. I used one of these cut to size. You may need to shave the spring guide on the catch down a bit.
Posted Image
Now close up the blaster. It is complete, but alas, it doesn't have a priming handle yet. Decide how close you want the priming handle. Make sure you push the plunger rod all the way forward when you measure. You can go two ways here. You can either screw on a tee or a piece of cpvc or you can cut off the back of the Nitefinder plunger rod and drill a hole and screw it into the back of the Nylon rod. Its a matter of preference - they're the same, performance wise.

And you should be done.
Posted Image
Again, apologies for not having pics for a good writeup for the standard nitefinder rifle stuff, but its pretty easy, so yeah.

Now make yourself some speedloaders (I use 9.5" ones) and you have a great backup primary or loaner. Ranges are juuust over 100'. Standard NF rifle range in a smaller, newer package.

#326502 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by ilikefish58 on 07 February 2013 - 11:00 PM in Homemades

Ladies and Gents, I give you the OH SNAPbow. Could be a bit cleaner, but I was hurrying to get it done by HAMNO 2.2 on Saturday.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#326405 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by ilikefish58 on 05 February 2013 - 10:33 PM in Modifications

Another day, another 3k
Posted Image

#326291 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by ilikefish58 on 03 February 2013 - 08:45 PM in Modifications

Functionally finished. Uploading the video took so long that its actually integrated on something else now. WHATEVER COULD IT BE?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9PWrIHInlw

#326168 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by ilikefish58 on 30 January 2013 - 10:28 PM in Modifications

Commission for McKnight1990
Posted Image
Posted Image

Two tone, word to your mother.
Posted Image

Got a ghetto cardboard spacer for the time being until he orders a venom one or whatever he wants to do with it.

Fun fact: Blue and Grey 3k shells don't fit together perfectly like you'd expect.

#325821 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by ilikefish58 on 25 January 2013 - 10:04 PM in Modifications

Pantherfly

Posted Image

Posted Image

Internals

Posted Image

Also, didn't think it was worth a new post to show basically the same blaster I already posted, but I repainted my pinpoint sight to match my LS.
Posted Image

1-26-13 edit:
Hydro Cannon with mongo hopper.
Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npd2N4VnrpE

#325600 HAMNO 2.1

Posted by ilikefish58 on 22 January 2013 - 07:46 AM in Nerf Wars

War vid

Youtube took a big fat dump on my chest. I'm reuploading with different music.

fixed

#325226 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by ilikefish58 on 11 January 2013 - 06:44 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Posted Image

#325102 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by ilikefish58 on 06 January 2013 - 04:26 PM in Modifications

Super soaker shot blast in a hornet shell.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edit: Also, fixed up the seal on the T3k and made a polycarb trigger for it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#324973 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by ilikefish58 on 31 December 2012 - 08:46 PM in Modifications

pSyk, I love you.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#324529 TrustFire unprotected use questions

Posted by ilikefish58 on 16 December 2012 - 10:51 PM in Modifications

Why not just recharge them after every use? Then you don't even have to worry about it. I've done that with trusties in my stampede and vulcan (and barricades and rayvens on occasion) for a while and haven't had any issues whatsoever.

#324499 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by ilikefish58 on 15 December 2012 - 04:50 PM in Homemades

Rainbow in longstrike shell.

Posted Image

Posted Image