WEASEL's Content

There have been 136 items by WEASEL (Search limited from 23-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#65340 Grammaton Cleric's Sidearm

Posted by WEASEL on 08 October 2005 - 05:27 PM in Homemades

It's an o-ring. He uses black some other palces besides e-tape.

#65716 Grammaton Cleric's Sidearm

Posted by WEASEL on 13 October 2005 - 06:43 PM in Homemades

Posted Image

How did you glue the little tabs for the screws to go in to hold the bottom part on to the top part of the gun? In my experiance, that little of surface will not hold.

PS: On your FAR rifle, how did you glue the paw that grabs the shell on the extractor to the exractor itself? I've tried about every type of glue but it just won't hold. Did you roughin up the surfaces first? If so, how.

#68861 Bolt Action Magazine Fed Carbine

Posted by WEASEL on 07 December 2005 - 12:38 AM in Modifications

I am not really caught up on my gun termenology. How does the stripper clip work? It sounds (and looks like) the casset tape peices that the darts are in couldn't work with the breach. Fill me in, thanks.

#68873 Bolt Action Magazine Fed Carbine

Posted by WEASEL on 07 December 2005 - 06:34 PM in Modifications

Ahh I see now. Thanks. And nice job on the gun, I wish I had modding skills like that.

#68911 Nerf Range Catagories

Posted by WEASEL on 08 December 2005 - 06:41 PM in Nerf Wars

In most circumstances you are going to find yourself in a close range battle with your opponent. That is one aspect of Nerf that seperates it from other sports like paintball and airsoft. You don't have a very fast rof so you need to get in close to make you shot count. Besides, nerf guns are not very accurate, especially from a long distance.

To answer you question, NFs are good, cheap, reliable, and pretty good ranged little guns. Splitfires, if you can find one (or two), are amazing, two shots and about 100 feet. Just remember you don't need to go out and buy a crossbow to be good at nerf.

PS: If you guys allow homemades in your wars they get great range if you make them properly. I hope to get one up soon.

#71028 Janga's Halo 2 Warthog Montage

Posted by WEASEL on 15 January 2006 - 02:24 AM in Off Topic

What the hell kind of training do you (or your teamate) do to get so accurate. I've never even been able to pull off a triple kill, and that guy with the rocket launcher in the passenger seat, that was pretty good when he shot that guy on top of the log in relic. Nice job on the video though.

#73934 Shooting Micros With 1/2" Pvc

Posted by WEASEL on 22 February 2006 - 10:27 PM in Modifications

You seem to have your terms mixed up. FYI there are two main types of pipe. You are probably talking about PVC and CPVC. Just lettin you know.

#73991 Sledgehammer

Posted by WEASEL on 23 February 2006 - 03:29 PM in Homemades

So your going to have the spring piston that supplies the air connected to the dart fireing thingey ma bob by using a hose? I have thought of using this idea many times to conserve space and make a more pistol like homemade, but never got around to it. I've always wondered if it would restrict air flow or have too much expansion area in the tube. I would love to see how these work if you ever give them a shot. Great work, and good job actually having a plan and not just some vauge waving hands in air description.

#74894 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by WEASEL on 01 March 2006 - 11:34 PM in Modifications

Here are my guns.

Posted Image
Group pic

Posted Image
My night finder

Posted Image
Blastfire

Posted Image
And finnaly the at2k that i found at a local good will. No its not a paintjob, thats the original color.

EDIT: wow those pics are big, oh well, too lazy to resize them now, maybe next time.

#74948 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by WEASEL on 02 March 2006 - 06:28 PM in Modifications

Knew sombody would ask me that. So it got really annoying when I was running and the pump handle kept sliding out, so, I attached the rubberband and put a little square of felt inbetween the bottom of the pump handle and the rubberband so it would have some friction, and it has never slid out again.

EDIT:

Ok I thought this wasn't post worthy and i didn't want to start a new topic, plus I have no idea where to put this so I will put it here. I recently made a sort of makeshift holster after my attempts at black wrath's very nice holster failed.
Posted Image
Just to clarify, it does not hold as well as a regular holster. I use it for my NF and AT2K. I just loop the plunger handle or the trigger guard over the hook and it stays there pretty well.

#76228 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by WEASEL on 15 March 2006 - 01:07 AM in Off Topic

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but i don't think it has. How do I shut down the FAH console? I do not know what the process is called in the ctrl+alt+del menu. I want to do this because I want a less cluttered desktop and it put a buch of icons on it and I cannot move them to a folder while the program is running. Any help would be appreciated.

#76232 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by WEASEL on 15 March 2006 - 01:20 AM in Off Topic

Ahh thanks. Yeah i'm pretty stupid. But it still took a while to do. No window was open so i was a little confused. Thanks again.

#76235 Ringing Guns

Posted by WEASEL on 15 March 2006 - 01:51 AM in General Nerf

I glued felt around the plunger shaft near the plunger head. Worked great. You don't need that much either.

#76603 Shwifty

Posted by WEASEL on 17 March 2006 - 02:08 AM in Site Feedback

This is irrelivent, but i just coated chapstick in plastidip.

I think that post right there would justify my answer. He has done nothing but ask questions for his entire stay (even though thats what most people do). It seems that if you wanted a new, contributing, member, he's not the one. And that wherehouse thing.....

#94590 Holiday Raffle

Posted by WEASEL on 15 November 2006 - 10:58 PM in General Nerf

Haha.

#110630 Solenoid/sprinkler Valve Problems

Posted by WEASEL on 10 June 2007 - 10:50 PM in Homemades

I don't know what brand of solenoid valve you bought but I believe I can help you anyway. If you know how a solenoid valve works then you know that a small amount of air comes from the inlet and goes through a hole in the diaphragm to the top of the valve above the diaphragm. I had a similar problem to yours and i solved it by making that hole bigger. On mine, (it was green, orbit watermaster i believe) i just removed a little piece of plastic that was in the hole(some sort of filter i believe, but its for dirt when using the valve for water so it just restricted airflow). If you don't have this piece of plastic and just a hole you can just make it a little bit bigger, but not too much, trial and error might be a good idea. I hope this solves your problem.